Best Safety Duo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Safety Duo

Which team do you think has the best duo of safeties in the league?

Here are my rankings

1. Indianapolis Colts
    2. Baltimore Ravens
    3. Arizona Cardinals
    4. Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Cleveland Browns
    Last edited by fenikz; 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM.

tennessee should not be that low

chris hope is a fantastic safety and michael griffin played stellar in his rookie season at safety

they are easily top 15

Comment

I can't help but be a homer here and go with the only safety duo to make the Pro Bowl last year. The best thing about Sanders and Bethea is they're 27 and 23 respectively.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

The browns are 5th?? That can only be some sort of homer pick or something, otherwise, I can't figure it out. Also, the Patriots are so high on your list for what reason? Just because the're the patriots doesn't mean they have good safeties. Pretty sure they lost a safety in FA.

I only see the bengals safeties as upgrades over the Williams/Jackson combo. I would rather have Chinedum(sp?)/White there. They showed over the last few games that we have a bright future in the secondary. I will allow the #32 pick for our safeties simply because they are unproven and they can only get better from there :)

Comment

I don't really feel like ranking the whole NFL, but I'm hoping that Tanard Jackson and Jermaine Phillips can improve on last season and become a top tandem in the NFL.

Comment

Gibril Wilson and Michael Huff are 23rd? I'm shocked.

Comment

The answer was probably Washington before the death of Sean Taylor. From a fans perspective, I'm disappointed I won't get to see him and Landry play together for a decade or so because that could've been something special.

Now? I'd go with the Ravens personally. Ed Reed and Dawan Landry are definitely quite a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                The answer was probably Washington before the death of Sean Taylor. From a fans perspective, I'm disappointed I won't get to see him and Landry play together for a decade or so because that could've been something special.

Now? I'd go with the Ravens personally. Ed Reed and Dawan Landry are definitely quite a pair.
                I just knew that was gonna come sooner rather than later. Point is, Taylor is in fact dead, so the Skins' safety tandem isn't that good anymore. Now if we can please stop bringing the same damn discussion to every single thread about safeties.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  I just knew that was gonna come sooner rather than later. Point is, Taylor is in fact dead, so the Skins' safety tandem isn't that good anymore. Now if we can please stop bringing the same damn discussion to every single thread about safeties.
                  Big freaking deal, get over it. If you don't like it then don't read it.

Comment

So in fact that list just proves that there isn't a team with two dominant safeties, Philly is ranked 4th and there were a lot of mocks giving them Kenny Phillips. I think there's a number of teams you could make arguments for, mostly depending on who you believe to be the best safety in the league.

Also the Packers at 14, just proves how there is a distinct lack of good safety tandems - let alone great. Collins/Bigby are average, with the potential to improve atm.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                      So in fact that list just proves that there isn't a team with two dominant safeties, Philly is ranked 4th and there were a lot of mocks giving them Kenny Phillips.
                      I'd say the Colts and Ravens both have dominant safety tandems. I believe both teams have had both of their starting safeties make the Pro Bowl, with one on each team sporting a DPOY.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Jets are over the Pats, definitely. The Pats have like the worst safety tandem in the NFL. Harrison stinks now, he is slow and gets beat a lot. Kerry Rhodes alone gives us a better tandem. And we might have a surprise at the other side, supposingly we might play Lowery at S he might be good, otherwise I think Abram Elam is going to be good, he hits really hard and is a good blitzer and good at attacking the run.

Comment

I think the eagles are actually ranked a little high. Brian Dawkins is still great, but is in his mid 30s. Quintin Mikell isn't very well known, and he definitely is solid, but I think he's a top of the line backup and STer, not a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                            I'd say the Colts and Ravens both have dominant safety tandems. I believe both teams have had both of their starting safeties make the Pro Bowl, with one on each team sporting a DPOY.
                            My bad, i didn't realise Bethea had been to the Probowl. The Colts and Ravens would be my top ranked teams but I still wouldn't call Bethea or Landry (he hasn't been to a Probowl though) dominant.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

I actually think that the Bills are ranked a little high.
                              Whitner is pretty good, but we had a revolving door at the FS position last year. We had Simpson, then Leonhard, then Wilson/Scott. Even when Simpson is in there, I still dont think we are good enough to be placed at #8.
                              But that's just me :)

Also, the Jets should be ahead of the Pats. Rodney Harrison is just old and slow now.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information