No announcement yet.

The Farce Continues: 'Spygate' reopens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Pats lost to the Bucs in 2000.
    "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      It's about $5 a gallon in England I believe, and only going up.
      Shhhh, you have the fuel efficient cars and good public transportation.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

its about $9 in Germany...and we have the autobahn!

Comment

Goddell just wants to sweep this under the rug and not think about it, like Selig and steroids.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think anymore punishment can hurt the pats more than the giant * next to all their titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              What raises most of the curiosity is why did Goodell destroy the tapes?
              I think that leads a lot of ppl to believing he is hiding something
              Probably because at that time, Goodell anticipating becoming such a big deal. He watched the tapes, saw what he needed to see, and was done with them.

"The Pats were stealing signals. Nothing new there....EVERYBODY steals signals. Except the Pats were using a video camera, even after I sent out a memo reminding everyone that cameras were prohibited. Smug little pricks. Okay, I'll fine them $750,000...and I'll even take away their first round pick, for good measure.

"Well, now that that's taken care of.... (presses button on intercom) Mildred, could you ask the cleaning crew to pick up this box of old videotapes? Thanks....."

Comment

The more Arlen Specter tries to beat this dead horse the more obvious it becomes that he has a alternative motive fueled by Comcast aimed to blemish the NFL's reputation. The fact he wants a mitchell report like investigation into this is ridiculous, just let it go Specter.

Comment

I doubt Specter's involvement is anything as nefarious as a smear campaign......I think the guy is just a disgruntled Eagles fan.

Comment

http://www.courant.com/sports/hcu-wa...,7698659.story

Walsh To Appear On HBO

By DAVID HEUSCHKEL | The Hartford Courant 10:27 PM EDT, May 14, 2008

Former Patriots employee Matt Walsh did an interview with Andrea Kremer that will air on HBO's "Real Sports" Friday at 8 p.m.

Walsh received no compensation for the one-time interview, HBO spokesman Raymond Stallone said.

Among the topics that Walsh talked about was his knowledge of and participation in the video spying/signal stealing operation, which he said began at the top levels of the coaching staff and extended to the team itself.

Walsh, who worked as a video assistant for the Patriots, recalled a conversation he had with a player on the team after the 2000 season opener against Tampa Bay.

"I had spoken with one of our quarterbacks, uh, that said, he was called into Coach [Bill] Belichick's office shortly before the Tampa Bay game," Walsh said. "In the office was Ernie Adams, Charlie Weis, and Coach Belichick. They closed the door, Charlie said to him, 'You know, we've got tape of the Buccaneers' coaches defensive signals. What we're going to do is have you learn this, then we're going to have you next to Charlie on the sideline, when he's calling in the play to Drew [Bledsoe, the starting quarterback], over the coach-to-quarterback communication system. Drew's got the, the earpiece in the helmet, and you're going to tell Charlie the defense that's being called, and we're going to relay the information, or use that in calling the ball into Drew.' Um, the quarterback, you know, later told me that within two to three seconds when [Tampa Bay defensive coordinator] Monte Kiffin sent a play call into [Tampa Bay safety] John Lynch, Drew Bledsoe had it in his helmet."

The Patriots lost the game, 21-16. But Walsh said the Patriots quarterback told him that the spying yielded remarkable success.

"One of the quarterbacks told me, he said, probably about 75 percent of the time Tampa Bay ran the defense that we thought they were going to run," Walsh said.
                    Didn't want to start a new thread, but theres some "interesting" information in there. Should be an interesting program to watch, it will be on Friday on Real Sports on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      I don't care anymore. Simple as that. No more punishment will happen and the Pats lost a 1st round draft pick. That's all folks.
                      And The Football Gods (along with that wicked good d-line) dealt them a loss far greater than any draft pick. 18-1 just not quite the same as 19-0...
                      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                        And The Football Gods (along with that wicked good d-line) dealt them a loss far greater than any draft pick. 18-1 just not quite the same as 19-0...
                        Is there really anything anyone can do that compares with that?

Comment

i just want the commish to force belicheat to give an official apology and show contrition like he does to all the players. belicheat has pretty much been able to operate without remorse, what kind of message does that send?

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
                            i just want the commish to force belicheat to give an official apology and show contrition like he does to all the players. belicheat has pretty much been able to operate without remorse, what kind of message does that send?
                            That if the cheat and win you are "savvy"?

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information