Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sporting News: AFC Safeties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Damn. We need to bring in a stud safety so Kerry Rhodes isn't brought down.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

    Comment


    • #17
      I agree that the Raiders should be higher than they are. Michael Huff was under-utilized playing strong safety. He's gonna excel at free, and Gibril Wilson is a very good player. Easily, top 6.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Isn't Jarrad Page the starting FS? I thought KC fans were pretty high on him...
        Yeah, Page has been good in KC, especially for a 7th round pick. He has pretty much won several games on his own for us already. In 2006 the Raiders were driving and were in our redzone and he intercepted a pass intended for Randy Moss to end the game. Also counting the playoffs he has already intercepted Peyton Manning twice in his short career.

        Bernard Pollard is the one who's job could be at risk. I'm not as down on Pollard as some Chiefs fans considering last year was his first year starting and some "rookie" mistakes are to be expected but he is definitely the one who will have Dajuan Morgan looking over his shoulders. Even if Pollard loses his starting job he is still a huge asset to the team with his special teams ability. He blocked 3 punts as a rookie and I believe he may have blocked one this year but I'm not sure.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          I agree that the Raiders should be higher than they are. Michael Huff was under-utilized playing strong safety. He's gonna excel at free, and Gibril Wilson is a very good player. Easily, top 6.
          The fact still stands that Huff only has 1 interception in 2 years in the league. He hasn't exactly lived up to his top 10 draft pick status.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
            The fact still stands that Huff only has 1 interception in 2 years in the league. He hasn't exactly lived up to his top 10 draft pick status.
            Bob Sanders has 4 career regular season INTs, and he just won DPOY.


            The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

            If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

            <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              Bob Sanders has 4 career regular season INTs, and he just won DPOY.
              Just ignore him, he is a chief fan. He rather Hate on Oakland than praise his own team. Funny how he didn't mention how Huff shutdown Tony Gonzalez 2 times last year. In the 2 games Gonzalez had 7 Catches for 114 0td's in 2 games. Sounds good to me.
              Last edited by RaiderFan; 05-16-2008, 06:00 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                The fact still stands that Huff only has 1 interception in 2 years in the league. He hasn't exactly lived up to his top 10 draft pick status.
                That fact still stands that he has been in no postion to get many INT's playing up on the LOS in the box, he is completely out of position, but yea unless that doesn't mean anything to you then he hasn't lived up to his hype...As Dam pointed out Sanders has 4 career, he does most of his damage around the LOS as well, he doesn't even have many chances for interceptions as it is...Huff was covering TE's majorily, wait until he gets a chance to free lance in the secondary and play centerfielder.





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                  The fact still stands that Huff only has 1 interception in 2 years in the league. He hasn't exactly lived up to his top 10 draft pick status.
                  Kinda hard to intercept the ball when nobody bothers throwing the ball your way. Asomugha had 1 int last year so I guess he also underperformed.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                    Kinda hard to intercept the ball when nobody bothers throwing the ball your way. Asomugha had 1 int last year so I guess he also underperformed.
                    The stats say he had 11 passes defensed, meaning he was getting his hands on the ball but he couldn't come up with the interception.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                      The stats say he had 11 passes defensed, meaning he was getting his hands on the ball but he couldn't come up with the interception.
                      Would you rather him allow completions?? I'm confused.
                      Yea he didn't get the INT, but he isn't allowing positive yard.


                      Silverback....still the best.

                      +rep to Jakey for the sig

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Oakland should be nr. 2 on this list. Nr. 1 should be the Steelers.

                        I don't think I even have to explain this, c'mon, Troy Polomalu is like a super beast on steroids! There's a reason why they call him the Tazmanian devil. I mean, I know that he was born in Tazmania, but he's a real devil, STEELING balls from opposing QB's!

                        And Ryan Grant and Anthony Smith remind me of Ulysses Grant and John Smith, because they founded the steelers FS position the same way they founded the USA, with blood, sweat and tears.

                        Expect the steelers to go to the superbowl this year. Because with Polomalu, Grant and Smith, we've got the best safeties in the nfl, to go along with the best QB, RBs, WR, Olinemen, Dlinemen, LBs and CBs. Oh, and great FBs and TE, P, K, LS, Coach and terrible towels that are so money!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The Jaguars deserve the ranking they have at the moment, but our defensive backfield has a lot of upside.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                            The stats say he had 11 passes defensed, meaning he was getting his hands on the ball but he couldn't come up with the interception.
                            or maybe he was busy knocking it out of the recievers hands.Just because he isnt catching it doesnt mean hes dropping the ball.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
                              Just ignore him, he is a chief fan. He rather Hate on Oakland than praise his own team. Funny how he didn't mention how Huff shutdown Tony Gonzalez 2 times last year. In the 2 games Gonzalez had 7 Catches for 114 0td's in 2 games. Sounds good to me.
                              Brodie Croyle/Damon Huard/Herm Edwards "shut down" Tony Gonzalez.

                              However you want to spin it, Huff has been a major disappointment.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Wyndham View Post
                                Brodie Croyle/Damon Huard/Herm Edwards "shut down" Tony Gonzalez.

                                However you want to spin it, Huff has been a major disappointment.
                                to who?????? He is a 2nd year player.
                                In his first year the Pass defense was Ranked NUMBER #1 in the entire NFL.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information