No announcement yet.

Best Defense in 2008-09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my top teams on D, in no specific order. Vikings, Buccaneers, San Diego, Philadelphia (not homerism), and Seattle.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

My top 10:
      1. Chargers
      2. Steelers
      3. Patriots
      4. Vikings
      5. Packers
      6. Giants
      7. Jaguars
      8. Ravens
      9. Eagles
      10. Buccaneers

Comment

i forgot the packers...they do have a very very mean, and young defense.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          If Terdell Sands plays well Oakland could be up there.
          I just want us to get back to being a respectable defense again. Let's try not to mention ourselves among the elite of the league for now.

Comment

I think it has to be between the Vikings and the Eagles.
            The Vikings were already a good defense and added a pass rush and improved their shaky secondary.
            The Eagles are going to be very good I think, very good secondary and have an athletic front 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I'd sooner pick the Colts to repeat, homer pick or not. They dealt with injury last year and still finished #1, plus the oldest guy on defense is Raheem Brock and he's only 29.
              Yea, except the Steelers finished #1 last year. The Colts finished third behind the Bucs.

It will be the same teams as it usually is. It doesn't change from year to year. Chargers, Steelers, Pats, Bucs, Eagles, Colts, Titans have been good lately. It will be one of those teams. The homer side of me says it will be us again until proved otherwise.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

*Homer* The Steelers have done nothing to get worse on defence (they were no1 last year). Lawrence Timmons has finally learned the defence, and should be starting over Foote...Lamarr Woodley is infinately better than Clark Haggans, Bryant McFadden should relistically beat out Deshea Townsend and Aaron Smith should be back from injury. Steelers should easily be top 5...i just hope it plays out that well :)

Comment

I expect the Chargers to be #1. Alot of this is going to hinge on their safety play, but they are very talented and deep. The Eagles also look very good and could end up being the top defense as well.

Comment

only one mention of the bears in all of this so far eh?

well, ill let you see how good they are when healthy for yourselves then....maybe they won't be back to the best but if they stay healthy, they'll easily be in the top 10 again

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      The absolute best defense would be hard to pick. I have to go with the Vikings though as the easiest choice to be up there for sure. The defensive line will be beastly, the LB's are very good and the secondary should be much improved.

The commonly good defenses will be up there also, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay.

I don't think the Giants' defense will be as decent as it was last year. They lost a lot of very good players, and their secondary, on paper, looks pretty bad. Aaron Ross will have one more year under him and he should be good, but Sam Madison, Cory Webster, and whoever else they have there isn't very impressive. They'll be starting a rookie safety opposite a crappy one, so their secondary doesn't look too good.

Lost alot of good players? Wilson was above avg, Mitchell was a stop gap, rent a player for a year, and Torbor was avg, never panned out. William Joseph sucked pole while he was here, so no real loss there. Not only that we kept out DC, and now added more players for his system. Last year he basically made chicken soup with vegetables and tofu. Now he actually gets more peices for his system, hence the defensive draft we had. 1 safety, 1 CB, 2 LBs, and 1 DE.

Comment

You lost two starters, a player that saw a lot of time in Joseph, and a young quality backup LB in Torbor. I know you have the starter at SAM filled out with Kiwi, and drafted Phillips, but there will be a slight dropoff for at least a few games, and even a different style to adapt to. Your D-line is strong at DE, but you don't have any bonafied DTs, and I didn't see much to improve that. You have solid DTs, don't get me wrong, but an upgrade could certainly be used. They may not be huge losses, but they are losses that will affect the defense, you can't act as though losing two starters and a semi-starter in Joseph will not hurt the defense to some degree.

Comment

I forgot about the Jags, they may also be up there as well.

Akili, why the Pats so high? They have two new starters in the secondary and another at Nickel. I know the Pats are able to fill in average CBs and make them great, but I think it will also be a weak spot on that team. I could see them in the 6-10 ranked defense range, but 3 seems a little high if you ask me.
                          Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 05-16-2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Good call on the Jags...they are gonna be a dangerous team next year. Superbowl is within reach for them IMO!

Comment

Happy Birthday Jakey, just saw it on the main page.

Comment

Sveen too, but didn't see him anywhere recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information