Best Defense in 2008-09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Defense in 2008-09

Who do people think are going to be the best defenses of the 08-09 season? I've got the vikings, giants, chargers, ravens and iggles will have the 5 best d's this season.

Vikes great DTs finally have a force on the outside, good LBs and an improved secondary.

Giants pass rush one them a superbowl, our d figures to be better this year with spags' system more refined, our young players having stepped up, more young talent at LB and DB, and Kiwi back. This D is very aggressive and versatile.

Chargers have enormous talent, they need to stay aggressive with the play calling and their d will be imposing.

Ravens have a good system and a lot of talent, Washington really helps them with CB depth.

The eagles have a very good young D that will bring heat and has a great secondary.

Who do you guys have at the top?

Stillers over the Eagirls.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

It's hard to not say the Vikings, I picked them to have one of the best defenses last year also, two incredible mammoth DT's that plug the run game, and they create lots of turnovers and turn them into lots of points...And this was all before Jared Allen, so yea.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Ravens are looking good for next year but they have to stay healthy. the return of a health Pryce, Rolle, McAllister and the addition of Washington helps with depth because our backup corners were awful.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Aftermath View Post
          Stillers over the Eagirls.
          IMO the difference between the eagles secondary and the steelers is significant bigger than the difference between their front 7s. I really like the eagles cline and think their LBs will be great fits in that scheme one day.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
            Ravens are looking good for next year but they have to stay healthy. the return of a health Pryce, Rolle, McAllister and the addition of Washington helps with depth because our backup corners were awful.
            Washington could definately step in for Rolle if he goes down again.

Comment

Watch this thread turn into a "how good will your teams defense be this year" thread lol.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Can we just lock the entire NFL page until the season starts?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

To be perfectly honest, probably the Jets.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I'm not ready to say the Vikes will jump all the way to the league's best defense. Too big a jump imo, even with Leslie Frazier at work and the addition of Jared Allen.

I'd sooner pick the Colts to repeat, homer pick or not. They dealt with injury last year and still finished #1, plus the oldest guy on defense is Raheem Brock and he's only 29.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      To be perfectly honest, probably the Jets.
                      I was just gonna post that as my sleeper defense. Top 5 imo.

Comment

Jets are a defensive lineman and a corner away from Mangenius' fully-fledged defense imo. But they are getting there so much, things are on the upswing.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The Bucs always end up near the top. We picked up some much needed LB and secondary depth. As well as a big improvement at LDE, along with the fact taht Gaines and Tanard will be a year younger, I expect us to be near the top once again. As for best defence( Not top ranked) I really think the Steelers will have the best defence, I expect Lamarr woodley to do great

Comment

Eagles (no homer)

that is all I have to say

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              The Bucs always end up near the top. We picked up some much needed LB and secondary depth. As well as a big improvement at LDE, along with the fact taht Gaines and Tanard will be a year younger, I expect us to be near the top once again. As for best defence( Not top ranked) I really think the Steelers will have the best defence, I expect Lamarr woodley to do great
                              Damn. I wish our star players aged backwards.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information