Defensive Schemes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    I could be completely off base here but I thought the Dolphins ran more of a 3-4 base than a 4-3.
    The Dolphins are one of a few teams that don't actually run a defense

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      Oooooooooops. Forgot.

NFC West
      49ers 3-4
      Rams 4-3 (some 3-4?)
      Seahawks 4-3 (some 3-4?)
      Cardinals 4-3
      49ers - (3-4) Two very good man-on-man corners but not much else IMHO besides Patrick Willis.

Rams - Base defense is 4-3. Haslett claims to run a 3-4 at times but thye reality is it's only for specific down and distances. In our 3-4 Haslett brings a 'buck' linebacker who gets moved around and position himself where he can get the best mismatch. The philosophy is based on man coverage and blitzing but last year we just didn't have the horses.

Cardinals - (4-3) My understanding is they would like to move to 3-4 if they can get the personel to do it. Alan Branch was definately a draft pick last year designed to move them that direction but so far work in progress. In the 4-3 they like to play SS Adrian Wilson close to line 'cause he's much better at that than just dropping in coverage.

Seattle - 4-3 Not sure what the exact mix of zone/man cover is but I would be suprised if it wasn't more zone. Struggled against deep pass plays two years but improved safety play last year helped out. Strong front seven so much much need to put radical schemes in. Can get some pressure most games with just their front 4.

Comment

The Redskins (based off of G.Williams and Blatche this year) could be doing some different things this year.

We traditionally ran a 4-3, but sometimes we would switch into a modified 46. I think we could see more Tampa2/ corners on an island with Blatche similar to how he ran it up in Chicago.

However Blatche did say that he is sticking to what worked last year, and would make minimal changes to it.
        Last edited by skinzzfan25; 05-16-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I thought the eagles ran a 46 did they change it

Comment

Green Bay does bump n run, rarely blitzes

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              Green Bay does bump n run, rarely blitzes
              I guess it should be noted, for those that are interested, that Green Bay and Oakland almost run man coverage exclusively. They are the only teams I am aware of that do this.

Comment

Arizona and Miami run 3-4 base defenses. Baltimore is supposedly a 46 or at least some form of a 4-3, but they list 3 linemen and 4 linebackers (LDT, NT, RDT, LOLB, LILB, RILB, ROLB), and their assignments for each player is pretty much a 3-4. For our purposes Balitmore is a 3-4. Also the tampa 2 is a little different than the "plain old" cover 2. Buffalo doesn't really run a tampa 2.

Comment

Jets base defense is the 3-4, but we play 4-3 also. And we also play 2 down linemen, 1 down linemen and a bunch of other sets to confuse the offense. Its a mix defense, a defense built on confusing the QB and the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I guess it should be noted, for those that are interested, that Green Bay and Oakland almost run man coverage exclusively. They are the only teams I am aware of that do this.
                    Doesnt Baltimore?

EDIT: Nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by dbhinla View Post
                      49ers - (3-4) Two very good man-on-man corners but not much else IMHO besides Patrick Willis.
                      We got a stout safety in run support. A bunch of what ifs after that. We definitely upgraded our D-line with Smith and drafting Balmer. Manny Lawson is the biggest What If on the team. Hopefully our defense can answer some questions this season.

Comment

The Cover 2 defense needs to die.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          I thought the eagles ran a 46 did they change it
                          Madden has had that **** wrong for I don't know how many years. The Eagles haven't run the 46 since Bud Ryan was their head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            The Cover 2 defense needs to die.
                            i agree

stupid copy cat leaugue

i guess its easier to find guys who fit the system

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Madden has had that **** wrong for I don't know how many years. The Eagles haven't run the 46 since Bud Ryan was their head coach.
                            Speaking of madden, i was talking football with some guys on the team. I said how Brennan would be good in a west coast offense since it is somewhat similar to a run n shoot, one of my teammates says, "dont you mean run n gun?" which is what it is called in madden. i dont think ive ever heard the RnS called the RnG, but its the same thing i guess

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              i agree

stupid copy cat leaugue

i guess its easier to find guys who fit the system

Speaking of madden, i was talking football with some guys on the team. I said how Brennan would be good in a west coast offense since it is somewhat similar to a run n shoot, one of my teammates says, "dont you mean run n gun?" which is what it is called in madden. i dont think ive ever heard the RnS called the RnG, but its the same thing i guess
                              what about the chuck and duck haha

Comment

Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                                what about the chuck and duck haha
                                Kevin Kolb special right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information