Michael Strahan: 8 Million dollars or buh-bye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
    yes, but why play a guy either out of position or in a rotation when you got him in the first?
    I don't know. Let's ask the Giants what part of their team was most instrumental in their Super Bowl upset of the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
      Strahan will get a 6 million dollar deal towards the end of TC but he might not start over Tuck until he's in game shape as a punishment for missing TC.
      I would not give a guy six million to show up out of shape and not start.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        Strahan would be starting but not the first few weeks, when he didn't go to TC cause he was "mulling retirement" it took him a few games to really get into the flow of the game, so he's not really out of shape but he's not as ready to play as he should be. So for the two weeks or so it'll take for him to get to the level we expect from him we let tuck stuck and work Michael in with our rotation, or at least feature more tuck than strahan early.

This will reward tuck for his hardwork and hopefully feed him to keep working on his game, give him some experience as the starter and punish strahan for staying out of TC. When he's really into the flow of the game around week 2 you switch him back into the top LE spot.

Comment

yes, but why play a guy either out of position or in a rotation when you got him in the first?
          Because we ballin and that's how we do. Our D is kind of built on that and it did win us a SB afterall. Spags scheme is all about moving around pass rushers and making the QB feel like we're coming at him from everywhere.

Comment

Well, if we gave him 8 million, I'm assuming he would be showing up for training camp. Heck, I'd give him 7 or 8 million to return, personally. The guy is an amazing leader for this team and I wouldn't hesitate to to give him the money if it means he'll be on the field and in the locker room for one more year.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

ok seriously, lemme break this down:

Nobody is against giving him 8 mil. It'd be for one year, that's it. Would have NO ramifications for the future at all. All it does is help Strahan financially because of his ***** of an ex-wife(and it helps pay my auntie better!).

-Strahan wouldn't be "out of shape". He works out in Cali, but this offseason he did take a long trip to Africa(my aunt sent him there).

- He's a HOF'er and the face of our organization. If he retires now, he's beloved anyway and doesnt go out a dick like Tivi Barber.

- Kiwi started at LB'er and did a damn good job until he got hurt. He's also a star in our 4 aces package. and unlike Favre, this'd be Strahan's last year. I'm willing to say management secretly knows his decision already. The guy just doesn't wanna go to training camp, and frankly, nobody can blame him.

Why I think he stays:
              Osi delayed his "holdout" and wanting more $$$. He's also EXTREMELY close to Strahan. Coincidence? possibly, but just my view.
              He had a **** load of fun last year, and he can still flat out play.
              he loves this game, it's his whole life
              and he's' gotta recover from the divorice while wining and dining Eddie Murphy's ex wife while paying Auntie's bills!
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

hey i dont have 8mill but if they think it will help keep them together and win another ring
                then i say go ahead and give him 2yr 15mill

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  Your seriously underrating how important he is to the Giants...Out of shape? Come on now, we all know by now that the vets don't show up to training camp an its beginning to be a trend, was he out of shape last year? These guys still work out, and at their age they know what it takes to get into proper shape, these aren't rookies were dealing with.

Not start? We all know thats not going to happen, guys his age don't need to play pre season, and worry about all the before season stuff, they are brought back for December and the playoff runs...He was key in their run for the superbowl, in the locker room presence and play on the field, you just can't replace that in the draft.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    This might be off topic but why does someone like Michael Strahan get away with doing this, but when Brett Favre would took his time about deciding rather to retire or play he gets bashed by everyone. I ask why?
                    Because Favre did it for like 5 years? If Strahan does it for 5 years, everyone will get tired of hearing it from him too.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I love strahan, he's one of the reason I'm a giants fan, but last year it took him a couple of games to get into the flow of the game and he wasn't as effective as we expect from him. "Out of shape" was the wrong phrase to use but he wasn't the Michael we've come to expect. If he misses TC I'm sure reece will fine him again and while strahan will still start I think tuck will be more featured than normal for a week or two for him to get back into the game.

Comment

Well think of it this way.

If Strahan holds out, Justin Tuck is going to start and Kiwanuka will still be out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post

If Strahan holds out, Justin Tuck is going to start and Kiwanuka will still be out of position.
                          With how much Spags moves people around our defense is "playing out of position" half the time, but the beauty of it is he puts everyone in position to take advantage of their strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            Why waste the money on him to play one or two more years?
                            His leadership cannot be measured with stats. He is still one of the best DEs in the game, and the stability he brings to the lockerroom is critical to our success. He also is great at mentoring our young guys. Every team needs a Michael Strahan.

As for the contract, he'll come back for less than that. Its obvious to me at least he's coming back, the Giants have said theyre willing to give him more money, he's set his price (which won't be given), the Giants will return with 6 mill instead of the 4 he's getting now, and he'll eventually sign that contract. Its business, theyre playing their games right now.

Ill be shocked if Strahan retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post

Because he won't be starting? Did you not pay attention to the playoffs last year? Kiwanuka will play, and he will play a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Because he won't be starting?
                                No he won't. Justin Tuck last year had 65 tackles, 10 sacks and was one of the forces that made the Giants defense work.

And he started 2 games. Including the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information