Titans left tackle new $43 million man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    ^ How does that correlate in any way to what's being posted? Justin Tuck and Umenyiora aren't gonna be playing for peanuts all their careers. Eventually they're gonna want a raise (Umenyiora already does).
    Because players all over the league at all positions are getting paid more money than they are worth. The Giants however just recently signed Diehl and Tuck to long extensions that will pay them much less than they're worth.

Osi wants a raise? Says who? He has made no mention of holding out for more money.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      Because players all over the league at all positions are getting paid more money than they are worth. The Giants however just recently signed Diehl and Tuck to long extensions that will pay them much less than they're worth.

Osi wants a raise? Says who? He has made no mention of holding out for more money.
      C'mon, you're sticking your head in the ground if you believe that Tuck and Umenyiora are gonna be playing for cheap deals.

And this is old news buddy http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...f_holdout.html

Once Justin Tuck hits double digit sacks a year or two more, he's gonna wanna get paid like the best also. So don't get your hopes up on having cheap pro-bowlers for long.

Comment

Tuck was just signed to a long term deal and I don't see him wanting a new deal for another 3 years, then he'll want a deal on par with what we give Kiwi, I think he'll break out soon and we'll keep him.

Comment

He definitly deserves it congrats to him
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Thanks for bringing the New York Giants into a Michael Roos thread.

Comment

IMO a top 5 LT in the league hes a fantastic character guy and he does his job with no fuss, totally underrated, deserves every penny

Comment

I thought we already discussed this, before the Draft even.

It's not outrageous money for Roos though, he is very much a Top 5 LT consideration as the above posts states.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

stole him. 43 million is nothing for a franchise LT. We have guards getting 50 million.

great deal for the Titans. I felt they had a top 3 oline in the league last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    stole him. 43 million is nothing for a franchise LT. We have guards getting 50 million.

great deal for the Titans. I felt they had a top 3 oline in the league last year.
                    Granted, Roos is much more likely to see all of that $43 million than those guards will of that $50 million. I bet Roos' contract is structured so he'll see most of that money early in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Granted, Roos is much more likely to see all of that $43 million than those guards will of that $50 million. I bet Roos' contract is structured so he'll see most of that money early in his contract.
                      thats also true, but id still consider that a cheap deal. the way money gets thrown around in FA, he wouldve gotten more than that on the open market.

its kind of surprising when you think about it, why some players don't enter FA and decide to extend contracts with their team without testing the market. they lose a significant amount of money by doing that. i guess comfort and the chance of living in one place for the rest of their career supercedes money at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        thats also true, but id still consider that a cheap deal. the way money gets thrown around in FA, he wouldve gotten more than that on the open market.

its kind of surprising when you think about it, why some players don't enter FA and decide to extend contracts with their team without testing the market. they lose a significant amount of money by doing that. i guess comfort and the chance of living in one place for the rest of their career supercedes money at that point.
                        That, plus I think that the player does it in good faith that he'll be able to re-negotiate for a pay raise if he outplays the contract. It's never bad to have good chemistry between a player/agent and a front office.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          That, plus I think that the player does it in good faith that he'll be able to re-negotiate for a pay raise if he outplays the contract. It's never bad to have good chemistry between a player/agent and a front office.
                          Fear of injury? With reminders like Kevin Everett, playing the last season of a contract is a scary thing. Lose some ligaments and your not getting what your worth in the offseason. I know this, I don't want to enter FA after a season ending injury.

Comment

also once you are a multi millionaire, having that bit more just doesnt seem to make much difference

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                              also once you are a multi millionaire, having that bit more just doesnt seem to make much difference
                              That should be the case but many players don't see it that way sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                                IMO a top 5 LT in the league hes a fantastic character guy and he does his job with no fuss, totally underrated, deserves every penny
                                This is the NFL forum, no?
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information