Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans left tackle new $43 million man

Titans left tackle new $43 million man

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Michael Roos handles his business quietly. Even after signing a new six-year, $43 million deal, the left tackle didn’t start bragging to his fellow Tennessee linemen.

They had to read about his big deal in the newspaper.
    Not that they mind.

“You have to be happy for him,” veteran center Kevin Mawae said. “He deserves it, and there’s no doubt he’ll out play that contract.”

It’s only appropriate for a man believed to be the first Estonian to play in the NFL, someone who had played football for only five seasons before Tennessee drafted him in the second round in 2005 with the 41st pick overall, a giant at 6-foot-7 and 315 pounds who has managed to start every game since then.

They are doing what you need to do, keep you young talent. He is an underrated talent thats for sure.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is old news.

Comment

The link said it was posted 5 hours ago and I didn't see a thread sorry if its a repost.

Comment

i like to see it when players get new contracts quietly, without holding out or bitching to the media. good for him

Comment

The Giants front office looks smarter and smarter each day.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              I'm pretty sure this is old news.
              Yep. By about a month or so, I think.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                The Giants front office looks smarter and smarter each day.
                how so? explain...

Comment

The Titanic just sunk!

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    how so? explain...
                    They are giving cheaper contracts to better players at the same position all over the place.

Economically when you look at the contracts of David Diehl, Justib Tuck, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Plaxico Burress.....we have smart financial decisions across the board and that is apparantly a tough thing to do in today's NFL.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

^ How does that correlate in any way to what's being posted? Justin Tuck and Umenyiora aren't gonna be playing for peanuts all their careers. Eventually they're gonna want a raise (Umenyiora already does).

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        They are giving cheaper contracts to better players at the same position all over the place.

Economically when you look at the contracts of David Diehl, Justib Tuck, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Plaxico Burress.....we have smart financial decisions across the board and that is apparantly a tough thing to do in today's NFL.
                        Diehl's my favorite OL of ours but he's no Roos at LT. Roos is a top LT rightnow and while Diehl played admirable as a first year LT he still gave up like 14 sacks, which is not very good. If Diehl still played LG his deal would be a steal but at LT he's much less of a steal, especially with young guys like Roos taking reasonable deals like this.

Comment

Wow... I didn't know he was that good.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            The Titanic just sunk!
                            You think this was a bad move?
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              You think this was a bad move?
                              Lol no, i was referring to the fact that this was old news. Just some good 'ol sarcasm..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information