Potential June 1st cuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Devery Henderson might be bad but please don't compare him to Troy Williamson. Henderson has shown he can tear a defense apart at times (Bucs, Falcons & Cowboys in 2006 come to mind)... which is something that can't really be said for Williamson. And, Henderson was a second round pick and not a top 10 pick.
    If he continues to drop passes all off season, thats basically what he has become...I didn't compare the two, other then they are fast, can spread the defense and have problems catching passes, is that not accurate? I didn't say they were a spitting image of eachother down to the T, but if Henderson gets cut I'd say thats a fair comparison of the two at that point...I agree Henderson has showed more promise in his career at one point then Williamson has, but I doubt those 3 games he played well is going to buy him a roster spot, which is why I don't think its relevant to how much he drops passes at this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i see for the bills:

Ashton Youboty
      Josh Reed ---(doubt it, too good of a blocker)
      Robert Royal (apparently derek schouman has been doing good in OTA's)

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
        i see for the bills:

Ashton Youboty
        Josh Reed ---(doubt it, too good of a blocker)
        Robert Royal (apparently derek schouman has been doing good in OTA's)
        I'd hate to cut Reed, at any point. Bad move, imo. Roscoe is too unpredicatable, Reed is a good safety valve in the slot. Royal should also be kept. I've always been the biggest Schouman fan, but he's small for a TE and Royal has a good presence and is a good blocker. Youboty has done nothing. I've felt for him with his early obstacles when he got here, but it's a great possibility. We have too many corners.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          I'd hate to cut Reed, at any point. Bad move, imo. Roscoe is too unpredicatable, Reed is a good safety valve in the slot. Royal should also be kept. I've always been the biggest Schouman fan, but he's small for a TE and Royal has a good presence and is a good blocker. Youboty has done nothing. I've felt for him with his early obstacles when he got here, but it's a great possibility. We have too many corners.

maybe none of them get cut

Mcgee and Greer are UFA next year
          Mcgee will def get resigned, but i just get a feeling the coaching staff doesnt like greer
          so next offseason i expect
          in that case
          Leodis/Mcgee
          Corner/James
          Youboty

Comment

Travis Henry was the big cut, June 1st isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
              maybe none of them get cut

Mcgee and Greer are UFA next year
              Mcgee will def get resigned, but i just get a feeling the coaching staff doesnt like greer
              so next offseason i expect
              in that case
              Leodis/Mcgee
              Corner/James
              Youboty
              But add Greer to that this year, maybe even Cox on the practice squad, and that's tough going for Youboty. He needs a great camp if we don't send him off before then.

Comment

I think the Steelers cut Najeh Davenport.

However I think it'll be after camp.

I'm hoping they cut Nick Eason and sign Shaun Cody if He gets cut

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I could see them cutting Davenport too, they have Mendenhall, Willie Parker as a good change of pace, and signed-in-FA Mewelde Moore as a very good 3rd down back.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I could see them cutting Davenport too, they have Mendenhall, Willie Parker as a good change of pace, and signed-in-FA Mewelde Moore as a very good 3rd down back.
                    and a guy to watch for, for those fantasy guys needing a late round surprise option?

Gary Russell. Yep the 5'9 225lb RB from Maryland. It's very possible we run a 4 RB Committee this year.

Russell could be getting a lot of gpal line opportunities as they feel he's more of a short yardage back than 'Shard right now.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information