Potential June 1st cuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential June 1st cuts

Who are players on your favorite team that could get the axe?

For the Bengals:
    DT John Thornton
    DT Michael Myers
    S Dexter Jackson
    FB Jeremi Johnson

That's about the only "big" named players. Just curious to see what everyone thinks.

Brian Young could get the axe.It's also possible Devery but we might decide to trade him for whatever we can get if Arrington shows up in a big way.

Comment

LaMont Jordan is almost assuredly going to get cut before training camp opens. Stuart Schweigert might also get the axe. Other than that, I'm not sure who the Raiders can spare.

Comment

Chiefs

Greg Wesley FS/SS (Might not even make it to June)

Damon Huard QB (I don't think so but would not be shocked Chiefs are said to be high on second year man Tyler Thigpen)

Napoleon Harris (If Demorrio Williams wins a starting OLB spot and we move Donnie Edwards inside Nap could be gone would be a lot of money for a back up)

Some people have thrown Patrick Surtain's name around I don't believe that we are to thin at CB to cut him but I do think this is his last year in KC.
        Last edited by Splat; 05-17-2008, 07:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
          Who are players on your favorite team that could get the axe?

For the Bengals:
          DT John Thornton
          DT Michael Myers
          S Dexter Jackson
          FB Jeremi Johnson

That's about the only "big" named players. Just curious to see what everyone thinks.
          Why would the Bengals cut Jeremi Johnson June 1st? Or at all?

Comment

Ricky Manning Jr. is one I've heard from the Bears. I don't buy it though...hes a great true nickel back, even if he is pretty awful when forced to start. Thats what we have Trumaine McBride for though...

And I'm almost willing to guarantee that Brandon Lloyd doesn't make it out of training camp....if even that far....

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Why would the Bengals cut Jeremi Johnson June 1st? Or at all?
              They showed him the money a few years ago, and he hasn't been in shape since. Also they don't use the fullback in the offense much anymore. So he's an underachieving, overpaid, overweight, unused player.

Comment

Kabeer Gbaja Biamilla maybe?
                I dont want to see it though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  Kabeer Gbaja Biamilla maybe?
                  I dont want to see it though
                  I seriously doubt it, were WAAAAY Under the cap with his salary as it is.

Comment

June 1st cuts aren't like they used to be with the salary cap increasing. I dont even think anyone was cut last June 1st...not any half decent player atleast.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

For the Bills, likely nobody.

Comment

Roy Williams? Unlikely yes, but there's always hope.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Doubt anyone would be cut for the Packers because we are about 20 million under the cap. We will possible resign our big name players instead.

Comment

you have to remember too that cap space isn't the only reason. if you have a player making a lot of money and not living up to it, even if you have all the cap space in the world, the team might just be sick of putting money into a player not earning it and send him off.

also, if a teams looking to get younger (and typically cheaper too) they might cut loose a veteran at a position where they have a lot of promising youngsters in order to give them all a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
                              Brian Young could get the axe.It's also possible Devery but we might decide to trade him for whatever we can get if Arrington shows up in a big way.
                              I seriously doubt that Henderson gets cut.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information