No announcement yet.

New 2008 Regular & Post Season Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver's run defense is pretty bad to not as bad as ours but still pretty awful.Were ranked 32nd and they're ranked 31st in y/c.
    The difference between Oaklands defense and Denvers defense is quite large though.
    While both teams have good good CBs.The Raiders have much better safeties. John Lynch is decent in run support but is a liability in coverage.
    DJ Williams is pretty good but Oakland has a much better LB core.

Denver will probably have a good running game this year.They usually do.Cutler will probably be ok. Scheffler and Marshall are good targets but he did lose Walker and Lepsis though.I understand they drafted Clady but hes just a rookie.So hes an unknown.

Its true we dont know how Russell will play.But all the reports that have been true about him seem to be pretty positive.Hes been working hard this offseason. Another thing is the Oline.Although the Oline allowed 72 sacks in 06 that number dropped to 41 sacks in 07.This will also will be the 2nd year that our oline has had the same system and the same coach for a while. they will improve. Another thing is that in what litttle playing time Russell had last year he did show some pretty good pocket presence was mobile and bought time.I understand that Kwame Harris will be our LT but its not like Barry Sims was anything special.Kwame is still young and more athletic than Sims was.He could be a little bit better than Sims.Cable is a great oline coach.

If Terdell Sands can play well for us then we could easily be 8-8. He didnt play well last year but a couple of his close family members did die.So that probably didnt help.If the Titans last year could make it to the playoffs because of a good running game and a good defense with pretty much no passing game then we could make it to 8-8 this year.Maybe a little bit better.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

5-11..... noooooo i think we will go 7-9

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Quick thoughts on the AFC:

East

Patriots are going to win a lot of games, with their schedule. Anything less than 14-2, maybe 13-3, would be a surprise really - if not potentially 15-1 or thereabouts. And that's bad news for the rest of the AFC, there isn't a tougher task in the NFL than trying to beat Belichick at home in the playoffs.

I also like a wild card team to come from the East. I'd love for the Bills to make the playoffs, but it could very well be the Jets.

South
        Colts have a tough schedule, their games this season against the Pats and Chargers could mean a great deal as potential tiebreakers down the line. Assuming they can win enough games with those two teams (and their easier schedules) for that to be the case.

I definitely like the Jags to get back to the playoffs as a wild card team. Garrard gives them stability to be consistent.

West
        Chargers will be either the #2 or #3 seed, honestly. I don't think a rival can take the crown over them, we'll see. The bigger problem with the Raiders defense is Rob Ryan than the talent imo.

North
        Given their tough schedules this year, we could very well see only the division winner make it to the playoffs. And I'd probably go with the improved Browns there.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
          Panthers aren't going to be in a good posistion, too many injury prone players. With a rookie Tackle protecting an injury prone one-dimensional pocket thrower in Delhomme, he will get hit alot. Delhomme + being hit = bad
          We went 7-9 with david carr at QB and no production at all from the defensive line and no receiver outside of steve smith.

We get back our QB, we sign two receivers who though not all pro's or perfect are better and more productive than the two we had last year behind steve smith.

We get a much better offensive line, bring in new pass rushing threats and improve the defensive line rotation.

We've got a far easier schedule.

I'm not saying the Panthers are superbowl bound, but if Delhomme stays healthy the team will be better than 8-8. That's after we lost some games by less than a TD last year.

7-9 with no QB, no pass rush and no receivers is a good record when you really get right down to it. Easy schedule and improvements across the board = more wins.

Week 1- @ Chargers- L- Chargers were brilliant last year
          Week 2- vs. Bears- W - I can't see us losing to a team with no offensive threats that are better than what we've got on D
          Week 3- @ Vikings- L- Lets just go with the team who was better last year getting a lucky win
          Week 4- vs. Atlanta- W- Rookie QB and no more Hall to cover smith
          Week 5- vs. Chiefs- W- Young team
          Week 6- @ Buccaneers- W We almost always split the division with Buccs
          Week 7- vs. Saints- W - Always split with NO
          Week 8- vs. Cardinals- W- Win a close one
          Week 9- Bye
          Week 10- @ Raiders- W - Raiders have a young inexperienced QB and though they've got weapons were still a poor team last year. Vikings got the W based on last year, panthers get it this time.
          Week 11- vs. Lions- W- Its the LIONS
          Week 12- @ Falcons- W - See above.
          Week 13- @ Packers- L- Agree, Pack is still a powerhouse team.
          Week 14- vs. Buccaneers- L-Split division
          Week 15- vs. Broncos- W - They were bad last year, even if Cutler improves that Defense is still porous on the ground.
          Week 16- @ NY Giants- L - Reigning champs get the vote.
          Week 17- @ Saints- L- Split the division.

That's a record of 10-6 based on the Panthers beating teams they were better than last year and losing to teams that were better than the Panthers last year.

Traditionally the Panthers are very good in their division and this would actually be a low record for inter divisional match ups under Fox.

The only games here that might be changed imo are the broncos, Minnesota, and a divisional game here or there.

8-8 would be a disaster in this schedule with the team the Panthers have.

Comment

Wow, I don't think I've seen one prediction of the Titans better than 4th in the AFC South. Yikes. Talk about the sexy bad pick.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
              Wow, I don't think I've seen one prediction of the Titans better than 4th in the AFC South. Yikes. Talk about the sexy bad pick.
              The Titans really aren't that good. They have a good running game, but their season really depends on the development of Vince Young as a passer (where have we heard this story before?). I think the addition of Alge Crumpler is being overrated by the fans in hope that they can talk themselves into believing this guy will actually make a difference.

I see them getting to .500, but anything more than that will be icing on the cake for me. I'm not expecting big things from this team. Especially in that division. The second toughest division in football. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy all season i can see the Texans finally getting out of the cellar of the AFC south.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurve View Post
                I think denver will regress big time this year due to there lack of defense i think Denver will be the worst team in the division, KC will be 3rd in the divison, Oakland will be 2nd ......only one making it to the playoffs in this division will be Chargers.

I also dont think Denver's running game is that good anymore, defense will struggle especially when they have to face LT,LJ,DMAC/Fargas 2times a year i think it will be tough on them to even make 500
                why the hell would denver regress 'big time'? we have a franchise quarterback in cutler who has the ability to carry this team. all things considered he had a good season last year. now he has a full seasons worth of starting experience under his belt and he's learned what caused his weight loss and how to deal it. he'll also have better protection as ryan clady is an immediate upgrade over the performance lepsis gave last season. i would be disappointed if he doesn't establish himself as a top ten qb in the league.

our run defense was embarrasing last season. i don't expect a total turn around but they should be improved regardless. we acquired robertson, and more importantly, our young talent on the defensive line such as thomas, crowder, and moss all received a good amount of playing time last season.

again, how the hell do you have us ranked last in the division? the chiefs are in rebuilding mode. sure they got a lot of big names in the draft but those guys will help them down the road, not so much next season. the raiders have a guy as their quarterback with nearly zero starting experience and are still weak in the trenches. barring an injury to cutler there's very little chance denver finishes last in the division or even regresses.
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

oh come on guys, 1-15 for the lions? I know I know we're not very good but come on! We're not as poor as the Dolphins were last year.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                    why the hell would denver regress 'big time'? we have a franchise quarterback in cutler who has the ability to carry this team. all things considered he had a good season last year. now he has a full seasons worth of starting experience under his belt and he's learned what caused his weight loss and how to deal it. he'll also have better protection as ryan clady is an immediate upgrade over the performance lepsis gave last season. i would be disappointed if he doesn't establish himself as a top ten qb in the league.

our run defense was embarrasing last season. i don't expect a total turn around but they should be improved regardless. we acquired robertson, and more importantly, our young talent on the defensive line such as thomas, crowder, and moss all received a good amount of playing time last season.

again, how the hell do you have us ranked last in the division? the chiefs are in rebuilding mode. sure they got a lot of big names in the draft but those guys will help them down the road, not so much next season. the raiders have a guy as their quarterback with nearly zero starting experience and are still weak in the trenches. barring an injury to cutler there's very little chance denver finishes last in the division or even regresses.

I just see this team having a down season ... with lynch showing his age and i think bailey is gonna regress even more this coming season and the lack of size up front i see this defense losing many games for this team. Plus on the offense of side i think there belief of just putting anyone in the HB position and being successful will bite them in the ass i dont think they will have that great of a running game next year. Although i do believe they will rush over 1000 yards for the season it will be there high point of this offense but it wont be at the dominant level as it was in the past for them. Cutler hasnt proven anything yet that says he can take an offense all on his shoulders and win games yet they might have some hope with Marshall if he keeps up with what he did last year but i just see this team struggling this year mainly due to its defense. 4 wins mayb 5 and im going out on a limb to say this team might have a coaching change in the next 2 - 3 years

As for the chiefs i think they will do better then the broncos but still be struggling as they did last year i dont think many of there rookies will be as much of an impact as people may think i think the only one that will be immediate impact will be dorsey but i only see 4 - 6 wins with them as well.
                    Last edited by Kurve; 05-19-2008, 04:40 AM.

Comment

AFC EAST
                      New England(13-3)
                      N.Y. Jets(9-7)
                      Buffalo(5-11)
                      Miami(4-12)

AFC WEST
                      San Diego(12-4)
                      Denver(7-9)
                      Kansas City(5-11)
                      Oakland(5-11)

AFC NORTH
                      Cleveland(12-4)
                      Pittsburgh(9-7)
                      Cincinnati(6-10)
                      Baltimore(5-11)

AFC SOUTH
                      Indianapolis(13-3)
                      Jacksonville(11-5)
                      Houston(10-6)
                      Tennessee(5-11)

NFC

NFC EAST
                      Philadelphia(12-4)
                      Dallas(10-6)
                      N.Y. Giants(8-8)
                      Washington(7-9)

NFC SOUTH
                      New Orleans(9-7)
                      Carolina(8-8)
                      Tampa Bay(6-10)
                      Atlanta(2-14)

NFC WEST
                      Seattle(9-7)
                      San Fransisco(9-7)
                      St. Louis(7-9)
                      Arizona(5-11)

NFC NORTH
                      Green Bay(11-5)
                      Minnesota(9-7)
                      Chicago(8-8)
                      Detroit(5-11)

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD
                      Houston @ Cleveland
                      Jacksonville @ San Diego
                      San Fransisco @ New Orleans
                      Dallas @ Seattle

DIVISIONAL ROUND
                      Cleveland @ New England
                      Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
                      Seattle @ Green Bay
                      New Orleans @ Philadelphia

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
                      Cleveland @ Indianapolis
                      Seattle @ Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL[/CENTER]
                      Indianapolis Vs. Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

Indianapolis

I believe that's 256 wins. Tell me if I messed anything up, or if you just wanna argue.
                      Last edited by The Dude Abides; 05-19-2008, 05:13 AM.

www.blackmetalink.com
                      VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        The Titans really aren't that good. They have a good running game, but their season really depends on the development of Vince Young as a passer (where have we heard this story before?). I think the addition of Alge Crumpler is being overrated by the fans in hope that they can talk themselves into believing this guy will actually make a difference.

I see them getting to .500, but anything more than that will be icing on the cake for me. I'm not expecting big things from this team. Especially in that division. The second toughest division in football. If Matt Schaub can stay healthy all season i can see the Texans finally getting out of the cellar of the AFC south.
                        No, VY developing as a passer is the icing on the cake, the season depends on the running game and defense. Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Titans went 10-6 with a pretty bad passing offense last season, so I'm not sure why VY's development is percieved as so vital for the Titans. If VY has an MVP season then the Titans are an elite team, but without great QB play they can still be good enough to make the AFC playoffs, as seen in 07.

If the run game and D can be top 5 ish, which is completely possible based on 07, once again many will be surprised with the Titans when they really shouldn't be.

It's really more out of curiosity though that I'm interested in why so many seem to think the Titans are in for a bad year. As I write this someone else has them doing poor, 5-11 no less. The consensus wasn't even this bad last offseason (although it was bad) and the Titans lost their two starting WR's and starting RB - this offseason they've gained more than they've lost. Amazing what a few negative draft review grade articles can do for a team's perception amongst average fans a month after draft time, most of which are fueled by the team's neglect to reach for an unworthy WR in the 1st round, like that will impact 08 much anyway even if it was a mistake as WR's rarely contribute right away. I'll bet a bundle the Titans would be viewed far more favourably right now if they did appease the media and their obsession of "getting Vince targets" though.

Whatever the case, the Titans are no doubt the popular bad pick, which is a little strange for a young team seemingly on the rise but hey, I guess that's why they play the games ;)
                        Last edited by OzTitan; 05-19-2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

AFC EAST
                          New England(13-3)
                          Buffalo(8-8)
                          N.Y. Jets(7-9)
                          Miami(6-10)

AFC WEST
                          San Diego(10-6)
                          Denver(6-10)
                          Kansas City(5-11)
                          Oakland(5-11)

AFC NORTH
                          Cleveland(11-5)
                          Pittsburgh(8-8)
                          Baltimore(7-9)
                          Cincinnati(3-13)

AFC SOUTH
                          Indianapolis(12-4)
                          Jacksonville(10-6)

Houston(8-8)
                          Tennessee(6-10)

NFC

NFC EAST
                          N.Y. Giants(11-5)
                          Dallas(10-6)
                          Philadelphia(8-8)
                          Washington(8-8)

NFC SOUTH
                          New Orleans(8-8)
                          Carolina(7-9)
                          Tampa Bay(6-10)
                          Atlanta(4-12)

NFC WEST
                          Arizona(9-7)
                          Seattle(9-7)
                          San Fransisco(7-9)
                          St. Louis(6-10)

NFC NORTH
                          Green Bay(10-6)
                          Minnesota(9-7)
                          Chicago(8-8)
                          Detroit(4-12)

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD
                          Houston (8-8) @ Cleveland (11-5)
                          Jacksonville (10-6) @ San Diego (10-6)
                          Minnesota (9-7) @ Arizona (9-7)
                          New Orleans (8-8) @ Dallas (10-6)

DIVISIONAL ROUND
                          Cleveland (12-5) @ Indianapolis (12-4)
                          Jacksonville (11-6) @ New England (13-3)
                          Minnesota (10-7) @ New York (11-5)
                          Dallas (11-6) @ Green Bay (10-6)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
                          Indianapolis (13-4) @ New England (14-3)
                          Green Bay (11-6) @ New York (12-5)

SUPER BOWL
                          Green Bay (12-6) Vs. Indianapolis (14-4)

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
                          Green Bay (13-6)

Draft Order

01. Cincinnati(3-13)
                          02. Detroit(4-12)
                          03. Atlanta(4-12)
                          04. Oakland(5-11)
                          05. Kansas City(5-11)
                          06. Miami(6-10)
                          07. Denver(6-10)
                          08. Tampa Bay(6-10)
                          09. St. Louis(6-10)
                          10. Tennessee(6-10)
                          11. Baltimore(7-9)
                          12. N.Y. Jets(7-9)
                          13. San Fransisco(7-9)
                          14. Carolina(7-9)
                          15. Buffalo(8-8)
                          16. Pittsburgh(8-8)
                          17. Chicago(8-8)
                          18. Washington(8-8)
                          19. Philadelphia(8-8)
                          20. Houston (8-8)
                          21. New Orleans (8-8)
                          22. Seattle(9-7)
                          23. Minnesota (9-7)
                          24. Arizona (9-7)
                          25. Dallas (10-6)
                          26. Jacksonville (10-6)
                          27. San Diego (10-6)
                          28. Cleveland (11-6)
                          29. New York (11-6)
                          30. New England (13-3)
                          31. Indianapolis (12-4)
                          32. Green Bay (10-6)
                          Last edited by The Legend; 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            i still don't like the way your offense runs for one. McNabb hasn't looked great for a few years now and still doesn't have a great target at WR. A bunch of 2's and 3's and i think just like last year, that won't get it done again. Plus he might be on a shorter leash than some people might realize depending on how much the staff likes Kolb and that could work against him.

And as much as I like Westbrook, they seriously need to start working in some other backs who can, ya know, run up the middle.

and your OT's aren't young men anymore and NY and Dallas have some quality pass rushers who will just eat that right up twice a year.

And your defense seems like it should be solid but i just dont know.... You seem to have a bunch of rotational/situational DE's but none really studly. And I think your LBers are somewhat weak too.

I just think Philly is a team that the window closed on a while ago and they haven't caught on just yet.....

call it all speculation if you want, but I just don't like their chances next year....
                            ...Avoiding homerism as much as possible... I think you are correct in many of you're assumptions, but there are some things you need to be corrected on.
                            1. Westbrook CAN run up the middle and does it with authority. Anyone who doesn't know that needs to watch him play.
                            2. Trent Cole, Pro-Bowler, though you are right, the rest of our DEs are unproven, though watch Abiamiri.
                            3. Our LBs are also unproven, but the potential is through the roof. Watch for Stewart Bradley. Name to remember here.
                            4. Our OTs cetainly have aged, but are still above average starters at their respective positions. They will lose some battles, but we won't have anything near what happened to Winston Justice last year against the Giants.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

I didn't realize that football is all about offense. You fail to mention the top 5 defense the Titans have. If you only look at QB play from last year, yea, the Titans are a bad team.

The fact is, last year the Titans were 10-6 and a playoff team with probably the worst QB play in the league. It's VY's third year, 1st with new offensive coordinator Hiemerdinger who turned Steve McNair into a co-MVP, and I think it would be crazy to think that he's not going to improve from last years disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                                No, VY developing as a passer is the icing on the cake, the season depends on the running game and defense. Not sure if you're aware of this, but the Titans went 10-6 with a pretty bad passing offense last season, so I'm not sure why VY's development is percieved as so vital for the Titans. If VY has an MVP season then the Titans are an elite team, but without great QB play they can still be good enough to make the AFC playoffs, as seen in 07.

If the run game and D can be top 5 ish, which is completely possible based on 07, once again many will be surprised with the Titans when they really shouldn't be.

It's really more out of curiosity though that I'm interested in why so many seem to think the Titans are in for a bad year. As I write this someone else has them doing poor, 5-11 no less. The consensus wasn't even this bad last offseason (although it was bad) and the Titans lost their two starting WR's and starting RB - this offseason they've gained more than they've lost. Amazing what a few negative draft review grade articles can do for a team's perception amongst average fans a month after draft time, most of which are fueled by the team's neglect to reach for an unworthy WR in the 1st round, like that will impact 08 much anyway even if it was a mistake as WR's rarely contribute right away. I'll bet a bundle the Titans would be viewed far more favourably right now if they did appease the media and their obsession of "getting Vince targets" though.

Whatever the case, the Titans are no doubt the popular bad pick, which is a little strange for a young team seemingly on the rise but hey, I guess that's why they play the games ;)
                                Vince Young's development isn't something that is "perceived" as being vital, it IS vital. Their offense, like last year, well be stagnant without a passing game. The Vikings had the same problem, and they went out and did everything they could to fix it.

My opinion on their season is completely independent from any "reviews" i've read. Last year i felt the Titans were overachieving, and i still feel like they did. Expect the same outcome you had last year, and you will be disappointed. At the end of the day, your offense is gonna have to put up points, and as shown so many times last year, when they went down early, they found it very hard to come back. I don't expect them to win many close games this year either. But hey, it's just my opinion and i thought i'd let it be known, so i can say i told you so when it happens :D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information