Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 2008 Regular & Post Season Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New 2008 Regular & Post Season Predictions

    AFC

    AFC EAST
    New England(14-2)
    Buffalo(9-7)
    N.Y. Jets(7-9)
    Miami(2-14)

    AFC WEST
    San Diego(11-5)
    Denver(8-8)
    Kansas City(6-10)
    Oakland(5-11)

    AFC NORTH
    Pittsburgh(11-5)
    Cleveland(11-5)
    Cincinnati(6-10)
    Baltimore(6-10)

    AFC SOUTH
    Indianapolis(13-3)
    Jacksonville(11-5)
    Houston(8-8)
    Tennessee(7-9)

    NFC

    NFC EAST
    Dallas(12-4)
    N.Y. Giants(10-6)
    Philadelphia(7-9)
    Washington(6-10)

    NFC SOUTH
    New Orleans(11-5)
    Carolina(9-7)
    Tampa Bay(7-9)
    Atlanta(5-11)

    NFC WEST
    Seattle(9-7)
    Arizona(9-7)
    St. Louis(7-9)
    San Francisco(2-14)

    NFC NOTH
    Green Bay(11-5)
    Minnesota(9-7)
    Chicago(6-10)
    Detroit(5-11)


    PLAYOFFS

    WILDCARD
    Cleveland @ San Diego
    Jacksonville @ Pittsburg
    Minnesota @ Green Bay
    N.Y. Giants @ Seattle

    DIVISON ROUND
    Jacksonville @ New England
    San Diego @ Indianapolis
    N.Y. Giants @ Dallas
    Green Bay @ New Orleans

    CONFRENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
    Jacksonville @ San Diego
    N.Y. Giants @ New Orleans

    SUPER BOWL
    Jacksonville Vs. N.Y. Giants

    SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

    N.Y. GIANTS

    BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

    Sig by BoneKrusher
    Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

  • #2
    How many wins for the panthers?

    Week 1- @ Chargers- L- Panthers are owned in their opening game.
    Week 2- vs. Bears- L- Bears defense wins them the game
    Week 3- @ Vikings- L- Carolina is dominated on both sides of the ball
    Week 4- vs. Atlanta- W- Panthers show the young Falcons team who's boss
    Week 5- vs. Chiefs- W- Panthers beat another young team
    Week 6- @ Buccaneers- L- Bucs show that they are still the better team
    Week 7- vs. Saints- L- Panthers lose big time
    Week 8- vs. Cardinals- W- Win a close one
    Week 9- Bye
    Week 10- @ Raiders- L- Raiders win in a low scoring game
    Week 11- vs. Lions- W- no way the Lions win
    Week 12- @ Falcons- L- Matt Ryan gets his revenge for the 1st game
    Week 13- @ Packers- L- Packers still dominant even without Farve
    Week 14- vs. Buccaneers- L- Bucs trounce the Panthers
    Week 15- vs. Broncos- L- Panthers are run over by the Broncos
    Week 16- @ NY Giants- L- No way they win this one
    Week 17- @ Saints- L- Yet another loss

    Final Record- 4-12 Top 10 pick!! Hooray.

    Why?
    Panthers are too injury prone. Plus you have a rookie T protecting an injury prone QB. WR's are decimated, all of them were injured at least once during the season.

    On the plus side, the running game shows potential and Otah shows his run blocking prowess, giving the Panther's new coach a good gameplan.

    How many wins for the Eagles?


    Week 1- vs. Rams- W- good opener, Eagles dominate the Rams
    Week 2- @ Cowboys- L- Boys win in a close one
    Week 3- vs. Steelers- W-Eagles pass rush is able to exploit the Steelers O-line
    Week 4- @ Bears- Eagles win in a low scoring game
    Week 5- vs. Washington- W- Eagles win easily
    Week 6- @ 49ers- W- Eagles win another one relatively easily
    Week 7- Bye
    Week 8- vs. Falcons- W- Eagles secondary schools Matt Ryan
    Week 9- @ Seattle- L- Eagles lose a heartbreaker
    Week 10- vs. NY Giants- L- Eagles lose another close one
    Week 11- @ Bengals- W- Eagles destroy the Bengals
    Week 12- @ Ravens- W- Hard fought win, Ravens suprise the Eagles a bit
    Week 13- vs. Cardinals- W- Eagles defense shows up in a big way
    Week 14- @ NY Giants- W- Eagles go into Giants territory and win
    Week 15- vs. Cleveland- W- Eagles win in close game
    Week 16- @ Washington- L- Redskins suprise the Eagles w/ their physical play
    Week 17- vs. Dallas- W- Eagles win the season finale and beat the Cowboys

    Final Record- 12-4 Eagles win the divison by 1 game

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the Jags finally dethrown the Colts atop the South

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
        How many wins for the panthers?

        Week 1- @ Chargers- L- Panthers are owned in their opening game.
        Week 2- vs. Bears- L- Bears defense wins them the game
        Week 3- @ Vikings- L- Carolina is dominated on both sides of the ball
        Week 4- vs. Atlanta- W- Panthers show the young Falcons team who's boss
        Week 5- vs. Chiefs- W- Panthers beat another young team
        Week 6- @ Buccaneers- L- Bucs show that they are still the better team
        Week 7- vs. Saints- L- Panthers lose big time
        Week 8- vs. Cardinals- W- Win a close one
        Week 9- Bye
        Week 10- @ Raiders- L- Raiders win in a low scoring game
        Week 11- vs. Lions- W- no way the Lions win
        Week 12- @ Falcons- L- Matt Ryan gets his revenge for the 1st game
        Week 13- @ Packers- L- Packers still dominant even without Farve
        Week 14- vs. Buccaneers- L- Bucs trounce the Panthers
        Week 15- vs. Broncos- L- Panthers are run over by the Broncos
        Week 16- @ NY Giants- L- No way they win this one
        Week 17- @ Saints- L- Yet another loss

        Final Record- 4-12 Top 10 pick!! Hooray.

        Why?
        Panthers are too injury prone. Plus you have a rookie T protecting an injury prone QB. WR's are decimated, all of them were injured at least once during the season.

        On the plus side, the running game shows potential and Otah shows his run blocking prowess, giving the Panther's new coach a good gameplan.

        How many wins for the Eagles?


        Week 1- vs. Rams- W- good opener, Eagles dominate the Rams
        Week 2- @ Cowboys- L- Boys win in a close one
        Week 3- vs. Steelers- W-Eagles pass rush is able to exploit the Steelers O-line
        Week 4- @ Bears- Eagles win in a low scoring game
        Week 5- vs. Washington- W- Eagles win easily
        Week 6- @ 49ers- W- Eagles win another one relatively easily
        Week 7- Bye
        Week 8- vs. Falcons- W- Eagles secondary schools Matt Ryan
        Week 9- @ Seattle- L- Eagles lose a heartbreaker
        Week 10- vs. NY Giants- L- Eagles lose another close one
        Week 11- @ Bengals- W- Eagles destroy the Bengals
        Week 12- @ Ravens- W- Hard fought win, Ravens suprise the Eales a bit
        Week 13- vs. Cardinals- W- Eagles defense shows up in a big way
        Week 14- @ NY Giants- W- Eagles go into Giants territory and win
        Week 15- vs. Cleveland- W- Eagles win in close game
        Week 16- @ Washington- L- Redskins suprise the Eagles w/ their physical play
        Week 17- vs. Dallas- W- Eagles win the season finale and beat the Cowboys

        Final Record- 12-4 Eagles win the divison by 1 game
        First, Iím a panthers fan and what you say is true but I do think we will be a lot better than you think.

        Second, your an eagles fan and like me and any other fan would like to see their team be successful and any fan will give their team the edge in an close game

        Sig by BoneKrusher
        Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

        Comment


        • #5
          THE BEARS ARENT GOING TO DO WORSE THAN LAST YEAR!!

          ill just keep saying it until im hoarse with rage!

          everyone just wants to ***** slap them all to hell for not taking a QB in teh draft....whine some more babies. no rookie QB in this class would help them out a damn more than the guys they did take.

          case in point:

          Chris Williams will be their starting LT, allowing Tait to move to his more natural RT spot. upgrading 2 spots at once there.

          Forte will be out Benson. I don't even doubt it anymore, hes just the type of hard inside runner they thought they had in Benson but he's not a cry-baby, pansie like Benson....

          Bennett and Harrison will also both contribute immediately in situational/rotational roles and could even win starting jobs down the line.

          no....way....in....hell....the bears do worse than last year.

          people just enjoy picking on them because they didnt take a rookie qb....waaa!!

          not to mention their division isnt very good. the lions are the lions and will be bad...as always. the vikings are stuck on the tavaris bus and unless he shows major improvement, theyll struggle to run away with anything and the packers will take a least one step back with rodgers at QB who is essentially a rookie in terms of actual playing experience.

          so everyone get it in your head right the hell now that the bears won't be doing any worse than their 7-9 mark last season barring some godawful tradgedy where the defense all blows out their knees or something......

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rjspartan View Post
            First, Iím a panthers fan and what you say is true but I do think we will be a lot better than you think.

            Second, your an eagles fan and like me and any other fan would like to see their team be successful and any fan will give their team the edge in an close game
            True I did give the Eagles and edge in alot of close games.
            The Eagles are the only team that could potentially go 16-0 or 0-16 (both are unlikely).

            Panther I made them lose quite a bit b/c I wanted to give the Eagles a top 10 pick :D
            Panthers aren't going to be in a good posistion, too many injury prone players. With a rookie Tackle protecting an injury prone one-dimensional pocket thrower in Delhomme, he will get hit alot. Delhomme + being hit = bad

            Comment


            • #7
              mine from the last projections thread with a far more accurate NFC North:

              Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              since i was nitpicking everyone elses i thought it was only fair to present my own to be nitpicked by everyone else. i think i came within about 3 (give or take) of equaling out wins and losses but screw it...enjoy

              AFC NORTH
              Cleveland 10-6 (solid season, not elite but very good)
              Pittsburgh 10-6 (solid season, lose to browns in tiebreaker, tough schedule)
              Cincy 7-9 (offense keeps them in games but defense still knocks them out)
              Baltimore 5-11 (QB play + aging D + questions at LT + new coach = down year)

              AFC EAST
              New England 14-2 (lose a few but are still monstrous on offense)
              Buffalo 9-7 (a better year with improvement seen in them, just miss playoffs)
              NY Jets 7-9 (improvement is seen but shaky QB play holds them back)
              Miami 4-12 (this year is a growing year but parcells wont let them stay bad long)

              AFC SOUTH
              Indy 13-3 (very good as always, just lose out to the pats in the AFC record wise)
              Jacksonville 11-5 (solid year but can't quite surpass the colts)
              Tennessee 8-8 (Lack of offensive weapons hurts VY's development)
              Houston 8-8 (solid team, tough division)

              AFC WEST
              San Diego 12-4 (decent year, somewhat weak division)
              Denver 8-8 (I don't see them being worse than last year but they don't contend)
              Oakland 6-10 (Improved but no .500, thats too much...)
              Kansas City 4-12 (Good draft but lots of question marks still, rebuilding year)

              NFC NORTH
              Minnesota 9-7 (Great run game and defense, held back by jackson)
              Green Bay 9-7 (Still a young team with basically a rookie QB in terms of exp, step back)
              Chicago 8-8 (Healthy D, improved o-line and run game keep them around)
              Detroit 6-10 (They're the lions. I'll believe theyre better when the actually do it)

              NFC EAST
              Dallas 11-5 (Best team talent in the weaker conference)
              NY Giants 9-7 (Eli still needs to prove he can be consistent all the time)
              Washington 7-9 (New coach, new offense, a year of learning)
              Philly 7-9 (Have a bunch of problems imo that are overlooked by most)

              NFC SOUTH
              New Orleans 10-6 (Offense back on track, D improved enough)
              Tampa Bay 8-8 (Age hurts, lost some defensive players too)
              Carolina 7-9 (Another disappointing year where theyre not bad, but bad enough)
              Atlanta 3-13 (Probably going to have a rookie QB most if not all of the season)

              NFC WEST
              Seattle 9-7 (Best in a weak division)
              St. Louis 7-9 (Improved but not quite there yet)
              Arizona 7-9 (Same record but better team if you can grasp that)
              San Fran 5-11 (Martz will kill Gore and they will rotate QBs like no other)

              one note: I broke my own rule of always putting a team with a top 5 pick in the playoffs...It's happened the past several years and I'd bet St. Louis if it happened again

              Comment


              • #8
                I think Forte is like Marion Barber III and with Benson behind him they can have a decent tandom in the backfield with their better OL

                Comment


                • #9
                  Problems like what beerbaron?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can one person please not be a complete homer? To predict every single team's record is very difficult, stop coming in these saying "Blah blah blah, my team's better than you think." No they're not. Stop being a blind homer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Might as well make a 2009 mock draft too.

                      NOT that I dont appreciate them because they give you an initial idea on the draft, just that they are 0% accurate. That is what I was reffering to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                        True I did give the Eagles and edge in alot of close games.
                        The Eagles are the only team that could potentially go 16-0 or 0-16 (both are unlikely).

                        Panther I made them lose quite a bit b/c I wanted to give the Eagles a top 10 pick :D
                        Panthers aren't going to be in a good posistion, too many injury prone players. With a rookie Tackle protecting an injury prone one-dimensional pocket thrower in Delhomme, he will get hit alot. Delhomme + being hit = bad
                        Jake delhomme is one of the better qbs in the nfl he lead the panthers to the super bowl in 2003 and a conference championship game in 2004 and the panthers have gotten many more o-lineman in the off-season, d.j. hacket, Muhsin Muhammad, Jonathan Stewart, Dan Connor, landan Johnson, and a better secondary with ken Lucas, Richard marshall, Chris gamble, Chris Harris, and do not forget that peppers can be the best DE in the league.

                        So yeah the panthers are the most underachieving team in the league but with a lot of potential
                        Last edited by Rjspartan; 05-18-2008, 06:40 PM.

                        Sig by BoneKrusher
                        Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                          Problems like what beerbaron?
                          i still don't like the way your offense runs for one. McNabb hasn't looked great for a few years now and still doesn't have a great target at WR. A bunch of 2's and 3's and i think just like last year, that won't get it done again. Plus he might be on a shorter leash than some people might realize depending on how much the staff likes Kolb and that could work against him.

                          And as much as I like Westbrook, they seriously need to start working in some other backs who can, ya know, run up the middle.

                          and your OT's aren't young men anymore and NY and Dallas have some quality pass rushers who will just eat that right up twice a year.

                          And your defense seems like it should be solid but i just dont know.... You seem to have a bunch of rotational/situational DE's but none really studly. And I think your LBers are somewhat weak too.

                          I just think Philly is a team that the window closed on a while ago and they haven't caught on just yet.....

                          call it all speculation if you want, but I just don't like their chances next year....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If Jeff Garcia can stay healthy then I think the Buccaneers are looking at another 8+ win season.

                            If he gets injured there could a slight problem though..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dbro View Post
                              I think the Jags finally dethrown the Colts atop the South
                              Their best shot at that was last year when we had all those guys out but even then they couldnt do it. The Colts arnt getting over thrown anytime soon. If your looking for an upset in the south then look for the texans to finish 2nd.


                              Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

                              "they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information