No announcement yet.

Thurman cut by Bengals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Ahmad Brooks just get in trouble like a month ago? Seems like it would have been wise to keept Odell, just incase.

I'm guessing that the Bengals just wanted to cut ties with Thurman, and used him missing voluntary workouts as an excuse to cut him.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Ahmad was accused of fighting by a person who filed their police report 3 weeks AFTER the incident.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

a 1 year incentive laden deal and I would love to see KC pursue him.Can he play MLB cause he could be a great replacement for Nap Harris

Comment

Wow...I thought everyone had big plans for him to regain his MLB role once he got back into football shape, Brooks at strong and Rivers at weak souned nice...It's not like the Bengals can afford to cut defensive talent, but I don't get the reason.

So does he get picked up immediately now or what, who might be interested in his services?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I would hope the Saints are interested in him. That is IF he is cleaning up his act.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Any one who wants a play maker at LB should look at him. He is a natural football player who makes plays and does the simple stuff too.

The reasons I've heard so far are lamer than anything. I mean, hold on to a guy for 2 years then cut him during voluntaries?

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                I would hope the Saints are interested in him. That is IF he is cleaning up his act.
                Yeah, I wouldn't count on it.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

All reports ive heard said he has been clean for basically a year now. He missed a meeting with a parole officer or something like that.
                  Until something comes out about him breaking league rules again this is a crap cut for us and a huge pick up for someone else.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Pretty crappy timing by the Bengals but it has been a long time coming. Why even surround Rivers with guys like Thurman.
                    then there is a long list of players that need cutting in Cini if thats their reason.

Comment

It's too bad he had his offseason issues, he showed promise as a player/starter in 05. Could have been a very productive 2nd round pick for the Bengals. But this whole drama is over with now, so good riddance on that end.

Keith Rivers will be the defensive captain for the next decade, he's the accountable leader they need as opposed to untrustworthy guys like Thurman and Ahmad Brooks.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I was a fan of Thurman's playing style as a rookie, so it's a shame his career has turned out like it has to date. Hopefully he gets another chance with a team and makes something of it.

Comment

Wow ****** luck for the Bengals 05 1st day. David Pollack, Odell Thurman, and Chris Henry. Pollack had a career ending injury and Thurman and Henry had their issues off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            then there is a long list of players that need cutting in Cini if thats their reason.
                            Not true. 95% of the problems were from Henry and Thurman, and now they are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              Go ahead and name those players that are left that need to be cut then... Basically all of them are gone.

I have no idea why they made the move. If you don't want him because of the past, why not do this way earlier? I really really hope it's something more than missing voluntaries. I had heard he was way out of shape but that was several months ago and recently I thought he was getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                as opposed to untrustworthy guys like Thurman and Ahmad Brooks.
                                Ever since Ahmad has been here he has been a model citizen and player. By all accounts he watches a ton of film and has really been working towards becoming a leader on this team. I refuse to think otherwise unless this accusation turns out to be true.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information