Thurman cut by Bengals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    Ever since Ahmad has been here he has been a model citizen and player. By all accounts he watches a ton of film and has really been working towards becoming a leader on this team. I refuse to think otherwise unless this accusation turns out to be true.
    Guilty until proven innocent...

Comment

My bad then, I wasn't aware Brooks was that dedicated. I'm glad to hear that's the case actually.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Brooks has had no negative marks on him since being with us. The "charges" against him were disproved or thrown away as crap. Bengals players are easy targets. Its just what happens.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Ahmad Brooks has been injured a lot and done nothing on the field. Combined with his potential off-field trouble and his dumbness on the field then he should be worried. It wouldn't surprise me if he is sent packing on cutdown day.

Comment

You cant really complain about his "dumbness" because he hasnt had any significant playing time to get a true feel for it. If he gets cut, its because of injuries

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamers View Post
              Ahmad Brooks has been injured a lot and done nothing on the field. Combined with his potential off-field trouble and his dumbness on the field then he should be worried. It wouldn't surprise me if he is sent packing on cutdown day.
              He won't be cut. Someone I know talked to a player who said the coaching staff believed he would have been a star last season if he were not injured. His injuries are pretty minor and not chronic, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Well that's no good. I wonder if he'll get a look, and if he does, will he stick?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Wow, another Troy Williamson situation?
                  That's what I was thinking when I read the article. Is the funeral and family thing the reason he was cut? I didn't hear any other reason behind the release.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                    You cant really complain about his "dumbness" because he hasnt had any significant playing time to get a true feel for it. If he gets cut, its because of injuries
                    I saw enough of him in college. He has million dollar athleticism with a 10 cent brain.

Comment

you don't have to have much of a brain to play football so I'll take it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                        you don't have to have much of a brain to play football so I'll take it.
                        May not have to be street smart, or life smart, but when it comes to football you better have the ability to memorize and process information. If you can't do that, then playing at this level is pretty damn hard.

Comment

How is Brooks doing? He was supposed to be the next "guy" at LB, but i haven't heard any noise from him since he came to the NFL.

Is he in shape? Is he fast? someone break him down for me.

Comment

I saw on ESPN that Thurman had 148 tackles his rookie year? That's beastly.

Someone will sign him pretty soon. Hopefully he can play like he used to, i think he got the shaft last year by getting suspended again.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              I saw on ESPN that Thurman had 148 tackles his rookie year? That's beastly.

Someone will sign him pretty soon. Hopefully he can play like he used to, i think he got the shaft last year by getting suspended again.
                              DEN or DET would be smart to try and sign Thurman. He could potentially complete both teams LB group. Bailey/Williams/Thurman or Sims/Dizon/Thurman. He could help both teams. Maybe even OAK... Howard/Morrison/Thurman would be good.
                              INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Looks like he violated the substance abuse program

Not good for his career.

SI.com's Jim Trotter reports ex-Bengals LB Odell Thurman has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy again and faces an indefinite suspension.

Thurman missed the past two seasons due to suspensions tied to drug abuse. If Trotter's report is true, it's doubtful we'll see Thurman in the league again. This is likely why the troubled 24-year-old wasn't claimed on waivers.
                                http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...est/index.html

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information