No announcement yet.

Ed Hartwell CUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see the Jets pursue him as a run stopper in the 3-4. He was better then Ray Lewis in the system, only he didn't get the publicity that Lewis got, because he's not flashy.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Does this mean the Falcons are looking for a LB in the draft? If they take Timmons, i'll be so pissed.

Comment

i think he is a good 3-4 ILB and thats his true postion

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
          Does this mean the Falcons are looking for a LB in the draft? If they take Timmons, i'll be so pissed.
          • WLB – Demorrio Williams
          • MLB – Keith Brooking
          • SLB – Michael Boley (Stud)

With 3rd round pick Jordan Beck as depth at all three positions. The team is fine at LB. With much more pressing needs.

Comment

Hm...if I remember correctly, Demorrio Williams was horribly inconsistent, and I just can't imagine him being an incumbent starter. However, inconsistency seemed to be the theme with the entire Falcons team under Mora. Maybe the new staff will get him to live up to his potential.

Comment

The Packers need to get active!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                The Packers need to get active!
                but not with ed

Comment

I could see the Niners, Jets, Chiefs and Chargers all going after him.

Comment

SD, NE, SF would probably be his most likely places. I wouldn't mind him in Carolina backing up Dan Morgan or starting on the weakside. We've had success with Atlanta linebackers who got shown the door ;)

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Hm...if I remember correctly, Demorrio Williams was horribly inconsistent, and I just can't imagine him being an incumbent starter. However, inconsistency seemed to be the theme with the entire Falcons team under Mora. Maybe the new staff will get him to live up to his potential.
                      what? Demorrio Williams was extremely beastly as a starter and the only reason he was benched was because Mora is an idiot and thought that the team was \better on D with Hartwell i nthe middle and Brooking at WLB instead of Brooking at MLB and Williams at WLb.

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Williams only problem is he can't shed blockers... at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          Williams only problem is he can't shed blockers... at all.
                          actually Williams has trouble with OT's. he sheds FB's pretty well and TE's pretty well but I do agree that he has trouble shedding blockers. at wLB though he won't see many blockers. especially with Gravy in the middle takign a double team and Abraham in front of him abusing the OT and possibly forcing a double team as well.

Owner of ScarDraft
                          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

would he be a good fit in san fran?

Comment

imo he would because he's got a lot of experience in the 34. Hartwell plays best being able just to thump a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Which is why I am pulling for Jordan Beck to shine, force Brooking to WLB, and he plays MLB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information