X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiver
    started a topic Ed Hartwell CUT

Ed Hartwell CUT

The Atlanta Falcons today announced the release of LB Edgerton Hartwell.
    Source: Atlantafalcons.com

What a free agent bust he was. That Achillies injury destroyed his time in Atlanta. I wonder if any team will take a chance on him?

• sup3rk1ng
    replied
    Originally posted by LocCsta View Post
    would he be a good fit in san fran?
    He'd be perfect. He was arguably a better ILB than ray lewis when he played in Batlimore, but Ray Lewis wasn't a big fan of the 3-4 back then(Yes, I know they ran a hyrbid of it this year). IF he can stay healthy, he can be a force, but thats a big IF(hence the capitals). I wouldn't mind signing him to a cheap contract.

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Hm...if I remember correctly, Demorrio Williams was horribly inconsistent, and I just can't imagine him being an incumbent starter. However, inconsistency seemed to be the theme with the entire Falcons team under Mora. Maybe the new staff will get him to live up to his potential.
    Which is why I am pulling for Jordan Beck to shine, force Brooking to WLB, and he plays MLB.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    imo he would because he's got a lot of experience in the 34. Hartwell plays best being able just to thump a running back.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    would he be a good fit in san fran?

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    Williams only problem is he can't shed blockers... at all.
    actually Williams has trouble with OT's. he sheds FB's pretty well and TE's pretty well but I do agree that he has trouble shedding blockers. at wLB though he won't see many blockers. especially with Gravy in the middle takign a double team and Abraham in front of him abusing the OT and possibly forcing a double team as well.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Williams only problem is he can't shed blockers... at all.

Leave a comment:

• scar988
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Hm...if I remember correctly, Demorrio Williams was horribly inconsistent, and I just can't imagine him being an incumbent starter. However, inconsistency seemed to be the theme with the entire Falcons team under Mora. Maybe the new staff will get him to live up to his potential.
    what? Demorrio Williams was extremely beastly as a starter and the only reason he was benched was because Mora is an idiot and thought that the team was \better on D with Hartwell i nthe middle and Brooking at WLB instead of Brooking at MLB and Williams at WLb.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    SD, NE, SF would probably be his most likely places. I wouldn't mind him in Carolina backing up Dan Morgan or starting on the weakside. We've had success with Atlanta linebackers who got shown the door ;)

Leave a comment:

• TheChampIsHere
    replied
    I could see the Niners, Jets, Chiefs and Chargers all going after him.

Leave a comment:

• The Legend
    replied
    Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    The Packers need to get active!
    but not with ed

Leave a comment:

• tjsunstein
    replied
    The Packers need to get active!

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Does this mean the Falcons are looking for a LB in the draft? If they take Timmons, i'll be so pissed.
    • WLB – Demorrio Williams
    • MLB – Keith Brooking
    • SLB – Michael Boley (Stud)

With 3rd round pick Jordan Beck as depth at all three positions. The team is fine at LB. With much more pressing needs.

Leave a comment:

• The Legend
    replied
    i think he is a good 3-4 ILB and thats his true postion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information