Rams up for sale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    900 million dollars for a franchise that's in the dumps right now? I doubt it.

And why wouldn't Las Vegas be an option? Someone's gonna have to get started there eventually, why not let it be the NFL, who owns every other professional sports league when it comes to popularity.

They could be called the Las Vegas Craps shooters.
    The Las Vegas Bandits or the Chippers

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
      what is a realistic price for them?
      a puppy and perhaps a sandwich if their lucky

Comment

If a team was to move to Canada do you think it would work out?

I'm not saying it wouldn't just wanted to know what people thought?

Comment

How well a team is playing isn't what determines it's value. The Redskins tripled in value under Dan Snyder.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            If a team was to move to Canada do you think it would work out?

I'm not saying it wouldn't just wanted to know what people thought?
            Any team that is not the bills moving up there is gonna have a lot of pissed off buffeloans (? buffeloers? buffalonese?) after it

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
              How well a team is playing isn't what determines it's value. The Redskins tripled in value under Dan Snyder.
              I know, their stadium sucks too.

Comment

900 Million is a steal. If i had that kind of disposable income (lollercaust) id buy em in a heartbeat. NFL teams are money in the bank. If you have common sense, youll make return on your investment.

The team will be worth easily over 2 billion 20 years from now.

Comment

No surprise who's number one ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    Any team that is not the bills moving up there is gonna have a lot of pissed off buffeloans (? buffeloers? buffalonese?) after it
                    The word you're looking for is drunks, and after one winter here I understand them all.
                    Last edited by TheGreatEscape; 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

As for Canada, I don't think a team would last in Toronto as the fans would never care about them nearly as much as the Leafs, ever, and the novelty would where out. If the Bills have to leave buffalo I could see Hamilton becoming a legit location because they entire area and a lot of Buffalo would support the team plus more government money.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        LA does not deserve another franchise. The most fickle fans on earth.
                        Not true at all. It's just that nobody wants to pay ridiculous money to go sit in the LA Coliseum and watch their team lose.

Every fan base is fickle at first. It usually takes generations and growth between a team and a community before you start getting your diehard fans. You need people growing up with the team, living their entire lives of fans of that team. Look at your Giants....you guys are on, what, your fifth or sixth generation of fans now? Same goes with all the classical teams.

Give a team a new stadium in LA and let them grow with the team and let's see what happens.

COME BACK TO LA RAMS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Not true at all. It's just that nobody wants to pay ridiculous money to go sit in the LA Coliseum and watch their team lose.

Every fan base is fickle at first. It usually takes generations and growth between a team and a community before you start getting your diehard fans. You need people growing up with the team, living their entire lives of fans of that team. Look at your Giants....you guys are on, what, your fifth or sixth generation of fans now? Same goes with all the classical teams.

Give a team a new stadium in LA and let them grow with the team and let's see what happens.

COME BACK TO LA RAMS!!!
                          This is why they should not leave St. Louis. The fan support in St. Louis has been phenomenal. I believe this past season was the first time a game wasn't sold out since coming to St. Louis, and they have been God-awful for at least half their existence in St. Louis. This includes 1995-1998....4 seasons of abysmal football and every game was selling out. That just shows that it doesn't necessarily take generations and generations for fan loyalty to happen. St. Louis was starved for a football team and immediately bought into the Rams when they arrived. Los Angeles may have a huge population, but many of the people there are transplants.......they already have "teams". I don't know the full story behind the Rams and Raiders moving out of LA, but the bottom line is that two teams have moved out of LA in recent history...and they wouldn't do it for no reason. How many teams does California really need. There are already 3 teams there, I don't think any state can properly support 4 NFL teams.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

And why wouldn't Las Vegas be an option? Someone's gonna have to get started there eventually, why not let it be the NFL, who owns every other professional sports league when it comes to popularity.

They could be called the Las Vegas Craps shooters.
                            Goodells panties would be in a bunch at the thought of NFL players running around in the city of sin.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                              This is why they should not leave St. Louis. The fan support in St. Louis has been phenomenal. I believe this past season was the first time a game wasn't sold out since coming to St. Louis, and they have been God-awful for at least half their existence in St. Louis. This includes 1995-1998....4 seasons of abysmal football and every game was selling out. That just shows that it doesn't necessarily take generations and generations for fan loyalty to happen. St. Louis was starved for a football team and immediately bought into the Rams when they arrived. Los Angeles may have a huge population, but many of the people there are transplants.......they already have "teams". I don't know the full story behind the Rams and Raiders moving out of LA, but the bottom line is that two teams have moved out of LA in recent history...and they wouldn't do it for no reason. How many teams does California really need. There are already 3 teams there, I don't think any state can properly support 4 NFL teams.
                              Properly support? NFL teams bring in tons of tax revenue. Aside from initial investments from the city for stadiums and development NFL's make money for cities and state economies.

And If you are talking about population...
                              Missouri Population: 5,842,713
                              Los Angeles County: 9,948,081

Besides, in LA with the proper marketing. You can sell crack out of a babies ass and people will eat it up if they think they will look that much cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information