2011 Season cancled?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Cancelled? Oh no, they will get replacement players, and people will still watch because it's the NFL. And the real players will come crawling back with their tails between their legs, because they are making so much more money that would shock guys from a few decades before, and losing enough game checks won't stand.

One thing not being realized enough, including by players, is that without the salary cap players don't become free agents until after 6 seasons, as opposed to the 4 seasons that is currently required.

But it's not like fat cat POS Gene Upshaw cares or can even inform the players he's supposed to stand up for. Better to only give a **** about the agents he's in cahoots with, and try to look big.
    i share that sentiment exactly. upshaw is bad for all parties involved it seems except for the agents pulling his strings

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      i share that sentiment exactly. upshaw is bad for all parties involved it seems except for the agents pulling his strings
      I really don't understand why he's still in charge of the NFLPA in the first place.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Pretty good article about how opting out of the CBA may affect the realities of the NFL.
        http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

And they'll work something out, just like they did last time. There's way too much money in this business.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
          Pretty good article about how opting out of the CBA may affect the realities of the NFL.
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

And they'll work something out, just like they did last time. There's way too much money in this business.
          Solid article. Doesn't seem quite as bad as it sounds, still not good though. As for a new CBA, I think one will be in place by the time 2010 rolls around, as Yatta said, too much $$$ to lose.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Oh Noz!!! Save Us Jordyzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Comment

The NFL's going to die, Buffalo won a championship this past weekend (LAX) and it's sunny in buffalo, yep it's the apocalypse. Let's all run around like Chickens with our head's cut off!

Comment

Save us Jerry! :D

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                  Oh Noz!!! Save Us Jordyzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

I have no paint skill.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                    How many Bengals would get arrested in that offeseason???
                    They'd have to build extra Battered Women Clinic's around Pittsburgh. The horror.

What's funny is how everyone bashed the Bengals/Bills for voting against it and here we are. Mike Brown sucks at building a good product on the field but he's a good businessman.

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=22703

Man, can't a rookie get some love on startin' a thread???

Anyways, I'm sure they will come up with a new CBA before it is too late. A cap, well we could live without it persay, but there is too much to be lost on the lack of an orderly draft, Signing prices would go through the roof. Trust me, they'll get it fixed.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Is it the culture ... or is it the dumbass media like ESPN who are already referring to future negotiations as being nasty and that sort of stupid thing, trying to manufacture yet another juicy story they can milk for days. I hate ESPN.
                        Good ol ESPN for you, need some soap opera, drama heavy story to lead the way...They make me sick now, first Skip Bayless ruins one of my favorite shows on tv, then ESPN turning into 'Days of our Lives', I don't know whats next.
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-20-2008, 03:30 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Good ol ESPN for you, need some soap opera, drama heavy story to lead the way...They make me sick now, first Woody Paige ruins one of my favorite shows on tv, then ESPN turning into 'Days of our Lives', I don't know whats next.
                          what show did paige ruin?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            what show did paige ruin?
                            That's a typo on my part, I meant Skip Bayless, I can't even watch 1st and 10 anymore, he drives me crazy...He is so predictable, and as much as I don't like to use the term "hater", it bothers me that he cannot talk about Lebron, Romo, TO, and a few others without blowing a gasket...It doesn't matter what the topic is, he always finds a way to trash certain guys.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Skip Bayless is an idiot. If you wanna watch an always-great show on ESPN, watch PTI. It's great.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                That's a typo on my part, I meant Skip Bayless, I can't even watch 1st and 10 anymore, he drives me crazy...He is so predictable, and as much as I don't like to use the term "hater", it bothers me that he cannot talk about Lebron, Romo, TO, and a few others without blowing a gasket...It doesn't matter what the topic is, he always finds a way to trash certain guys.
                                Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Skip Bayless is an idiot. If you wanna watch an always-great show on ESPN, watch PTI. It's great.
                                i watch it just for skip's idiocy, lol. plus theres not much else good on at 10am other than reruns on other channels or last nights sportscenter......

i do agree with skip on one thing though, the spurs are godawful to watch. not exactly the right thread for this discussion but since we were talking skip.....i dont watch too much basketball but i watched the game last night from about the 3rd quarter on and my god, it was agonizing! i think about 10 minutes went by where literally nothing was happening! ughhh....last time i do that, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information