Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis the site of Super Bowl XLVI

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

Voted on and announced today, with Arizona and Houston being other finalists (and great sites for future Super Bowls).
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Yucky 10char

Comment

What The Hell Does 10char Mean?!??!?!!

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        What The Hell Does 10char Mean?!??!?!!
        To get past the ten character limit required for posts.

Comment

If I can find a ticket, I am lucky enough to be able to walk home from the new stadium. My dream is for the Colts to make it to the SB in 2012, win the SB, and then for me to walk home drunk, and light up a blunt in my living room. Heck of a night.
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Has a team ever played in the Super Bowl hosted in the same city? I'd love to know if that happened before, and that would be great if it happened with the Colts although that's quite a few years away.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Has a team ever played in the Super Bowl hosted in the same city? I'd love to know if that happened before, and that would be great if it happened with the Colts although that's quite a few years away.
              Hasn't happened yet. I think TB came close, but I am 99% sure it hasn't happened.

Comment

Miami must have lucked out, when the Dolphins were good and going to Super Bowls.

Comment

I'll be the first to tell you guys that the weather in Indy is going to blow a dirty butthole in Jan 2012. Luckily we have a retractable roof. Have fun driving thru a snow and traffic riddled downtown area, while I walk everwhere (sorry tourist!).

Comment

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                    I'll be the first to tell you guys that the weather in Indy is going to blow a dirty butthole in Jan 2012. Luckily we have a retractable roof. Have fun driving thru a snow and traffic riddled downtown area, while I walk everwhere (sorry tourist!).
                    That is if the majority of humanity is still alive in 2012...

Comment

It's Dec 2012 that I'm worried about.

SB XL in Detroit wasn't that great from the outside looking in ... but I think SB XLVI will fare better in Indy. The Luke should be nice, although there's already some financial pondering if it should have more seats before the first game has been played there. It's just that you don't know if the Colts will still be this good, especially once Manning eventually retires, and having empty seats at the stadium can have a negative effect.

Comment

Guys don't worry about 2012 and the Mayan calender. Luckily enough, if the world does end in a weird astrological alignment of the Milky Way and other galaxies, the Colts would have already won the the last SB and in their hometown. I can die that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          It's Dec 2012 that I'm worried about.
                          You're right, I got my dates all messed up.

But you're right. The Superbowl in Indy should be better than Detroit. I still can't figure out why there was even a Superbowl there. Now, I'm not a religious man by any means, but I truly believe that if there is a god, then he took a **** on the earth, and that is where the city of Detroit came to be.

Comment

I can understand why cold-weather sites get the short end of the stick, it makes sense. Although I'd like to see a Super Bowl played on Soldier Field, Lambeau, Arrowhead, and so on. Financially, a place like Miami or San Diego can make the world for such a big, week-long event.

Houston should probably get SB XLVII, I believe the Pats/Panthers SB was played there and it was good stuff.

Dallas won the bid for SB XLV last year, that will be played in the new stadium the Cowboys will have.

Comment

I will be so pissed off if the Patriots win the SB in 2012. That would be a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information