Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Ryan signs 6yr., $72 million dollar deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt Ryan signs 6yr., $72 million dollar deal

    Matt Ryan has signed a 6 year deal worth 72 million dollars, according to ESPNews.

    From what I know he's the first rookie to sign. This is a big deal considering it took Quinn and Russell forever to get a contract done, so the question is now, will he start week 1?

  • #2
    Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    Matt Ryan has signed a 6 year deal worth 72 million dollars, according to ESPNews.

    From what I know he's the first rookie to sign. This is a big deal considering it took Quinn and Russell forever to get a contract done, so the question is now, will he start week 1?
    I don't think he does, week 2 after Redman and Harrington show their inadequacy.

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • #3
      Matt Ryan Signs

      http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/A...Matt_Ryan.aspx

      doesnt say the numbers, and i just missed them on espn

      something around $34 mil i think

      cred 2 BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Addict View Post
        I don't think he does, week 2 after Redman and Harrington show their inadequacy.
        Harrington will light the world on fire this year. Just watch . . . the year that no one expects him to do anything, he will untap that college potential.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

        Comment


        • #5
          The rookie pay scale is so stupid. Falcons are smart for getting the deal done, and getting this kid into camp. Falcons are dumb because they just gave a rookie QB more money than Tony Romo (if I am not mistaken). Just plain crazy!
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

          Comment


          • #6
            6 years with max value of 72M, assuming he hits all the triggers, with 34.75M guaranteed.

            Amazing that he could make more money than Tony Romo, but that's the system for you.

            Best news is that the Falcons and Ryan got this done so early, way to go for both parties. Especially for a QB, nice job.
            Last edited by Geo; 05-20-2008, 03:54 PM.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
              The rookie pay scale is so stupid. Falcons are smart for getting the deal done, and getting this kid into camp. Falcons are dumb because they just gave a rookie QB more money than Tony Romo (if I am not mistaken). Just plain crazy!
              there is no rookie pay scale, that would solve these problems.....

              but anyway, good for the falcons. hopefully this starts of a trend of rookies signing quickly this year.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Falcons were going to pay whoever they drafted huge money, it's not them it's the 3rd overall pick. Just like the Dolphins paid for Jake Long, and so on.

                It is what it is. The important thing is that they got the deal done, unlike Russell and the Raiders last year, and can just move forward with football.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  Harrington will light the world on fire this year. Just watch . . . the year that no one expects him to do anything, he will untap that college potential.
                  that's a good point... by now Joey should be like a talent vulcano :)

                  Sig by Fenikz

                  I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good for us and Ryan. However that quite a bit of money, and this is a guy I was very back and forth on. I'm a wee bit nervous. Can't get much worse though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      there is no rookie pay scale, that would solve these problems.....

                      but anyway, good for the falcons. hopefully this starts of a trend of rookies signing quickly this year.
                      You'll see a glut of players signed today, but anyone who doesn't sign today will probably enter into a protracted contract battle, due to the CBA.

                      Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                      The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                      I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Surprising to see a player drafted high sign before everyone else.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Surprising to see a player drafted high sign before everyone else.
                          I guess Ryan just really wanted to get on the field asap

                          Sig by Fenikz

                          I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think he'll start week one unless Harrington lights it up in camp.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Good job by Ryan making sure he gets into camp. Not surprising though, nice big contract.

                              Sig by Eaglez.Fan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information