Cowboys Sign Barber, Newman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
    Barber's deal makes me feel bad about the deal we gave Frank Gore...5 years 25 mil.

Gore deserves to make more than Barber, but I'm sure alot of RB's will get paid more than him...
    We got Gore signed to a great deal and you feel bad about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      We got Gore signed to a great deal and you feel bad about it?
      A great deal for the 49ers and crappy deal for Gore. You just wait deals like this have a trickle down effect and since Barber is getting this much Gore will think he should be getting more and in all likely hood will at some point.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
        A great deal for the 49ers and crappy deal for Gore. You just wait deals like this have a trickle down effect and since Barber is getting this much Gore will think he should be getting more and in all likely hood will at some point.
        Again, why is everyone acting like contracts in general aren't going up every off season? It has little to do with the player anymore, the size of contracts are consistently getting higher, with every deal...Turner got about the same amount and how much has he played in his career again?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Cowboys cheated they used the no salary cap season (2010) to sign those guys. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            With the injuries Gore has accumulated over the years it seemed a fair deal for both.

I dont see why give Barber such a large deal with such capable back ups and especially with his dangerous running style. At least we know that he has passion for the game and wont pull a Shaun Alexander and slack off after gettin the money.
            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
            the only hot actreeses are adult
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

If these contracts are front loaded and pay off big in the first 2 years or so then good. Before teh strike that is, once the strike hits bye bye no more money

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Ouuucchhhhhhh...

A lot of dough getting thrown around. Just scares me to think that we might not have any left for Hammy..
                Don't blow your Hammy, Dallas.
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I think Jerry is banking on no salary cap. Im sure theres writing in those contracts that will change the net worth depending on whether a salary cap exists or not in the future.

If not, its gonna be awfully hard extending Ware. But who knows, these contracts are tricky, im sure they can make it work somehow.

Comment

Dallas fans I know Safety has way less depth for you guys but I don't think Hamlin's good of a safety as Newman is a corner so I don't get why you'd wanna spend this much $ on Hamlin. A safety, especially a guy who excels in the box, can contribute quickly so you could go with a draft pick playing behind great corners and a good pass rush.

Comment

Seriously, I'm so happy right now.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                        The Cowboys cheated they used the no salary cap season (2010) to sign those guys. Ugh

its called being smart

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I think Jerry is banking on no salary cap. Im sure theres writing in those contracts that will change the net worth depending on whether a salary cap exists or not in the future.

If not, its gonna be awfully hard extending Ware. But who knows, these contracts are tricky, im sure they can make it work somehow.
                          He still has 2 years left on the rookie deal and is priority number 1. Greg ellis will be out of the league soon and this defense is going to revolve around Ware and Spencer.

IMO there is no way these contracts would have any implications on keeping Ware. He is the best player on the defense and probably best on the entire team next to T.O. and Witten.

Comment

Ware will get a Freeney type deal, if not more, that's one guy I have no worries about at all...Jerry will reward him for his play, character, and being a leader on the team, same situation with Barber there is 0% chance Ware gets close to going anywhere.

Comment

Not a good deal for Barber, IMO. He is good, but he isn't a game breaker and hasn't showed he can pound it 25-35 times a game.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                                Not a good deal for Barber, IMO. He is good, but he isn't a game breaker and hasn't showed he can pound it 25-35 times a game.
                                But Michael Turner has right?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information