Charles Grant indicted on manslaughter charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Grant indicted on manslaughter charges

Saints DE Charles Grant has been indicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter stemming from a February altercation at a nightclub.
    Grant was stabbed in the neck during a fracas outside a nightclub, but police originally said that he was not involved and had no connection to a pregnant woman who was shot and killed. That must have changed. Grant was one of six men charged in the fight that led to the murder, and another man was charged with felony murder and feticide. Feticide is the killing of a fetus. May. 20 - 9:55 pm et
    Source: Associated Press
    Bad news for the Saints.

You know, this probablly just points back to my being a terrible person, but the first thing that sprang to my mind was a scene from Anchorman.

"Brick, you killed a man!"
    "I know, I stabbed him in the heart with a Trident!"

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

wow, if true, hes a scumbag

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Please don't be true, but if it is and he actually killed her he deserves to rot in jail...

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
          wow, if true, hes a scumbag
          Well, he's being charged with involuntary manslaughter, and someone else is being charged with murder. So odds are it went something like this. Grant and co start a fight, things escalate, Grant gets stabbed, and Grant's friend pulls the piece and fires. It was probably an accident, in so far as Grant's friend was probablly trying to shoot someone else.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

In the end, they'll just ask Grant to finger his friend that shot the woman, and he'll get a slap on the wrist and probation.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
              Well, he's being charged with involuntary manslaughter, and someone else is being charged with murder. So odds are it went something like this. Grant and co start a fight, things escalate, Grant gets stabbed, and Grant's friend pulls the piece and fires. It was probably an accident, in so far as Grant's friend was probablly trying to shoot someone else.
              Why is he picking fights with dudes carrying knives and guns anway?

Comment

This certainly doesn't bode very well for the Saints. I guess we just wait for more information to surface and then see what happens from there.

Comment

My assumption is that if Grant and the other men involved in this incident had never gotten into a fight to begin with, then things would have never escalated and this poor woman and her unborn child would have never lost their lives. Technically, Grant was not the murder as he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. But, he bears responsibility for being a part of the cause for the gun being fired in the first place.

Of course, if Grant was defending himself the whole time, then I'd say he shouldn't be punished. But if he helped instigate the fight, he must face the consequences of his actions.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I hope for his sake and the Saints he's found innocent. Regardless I think the charge should be womanslaughter, since a woman died.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Odell Thurman was banned for 2 years for a DUI. His career is now effectively over.

If Roger Goodell is consistent he will chuck him out of the NFL immediately.

Of course I don't expect that to happen.
                      Last edited by Dreamers; 05-21-2008, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamers View Post
                        Odell Thurman was banned for 2 years for a DUI. His career is now effectively over.

If Roger Goodell is consistent he will chuck him out of the NFL immediately.

Of course I don't expect that to happen.
                        Thurman's issues are completely different. And it isn't like he only had one DUI that lead to his suspension, it was a whole load of incidents.

This issue will not be treated the same way as a DUI or other substance abuse. It is a much more delicate issue as the NFL does not hold much power in investigating the event. Once the police make a decision, then I think we should probably here from Goodell.

Comment

If he's found guilty he's career in the NFL is obviously over. Is he cleared of the chargers however, I don't expect to see any sanctions from the league.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                            If he's found guilty he's career in the NFL is obviously over. Is he cleared of the chargers however, I don't expect to see any sanctions from the league.
                            all depends on how dirty it gets. But if he's found innocent I can't imagine any sanctions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                              That is my opinion on the issue as well. Although even if Grant is proven innocent, I would expect a little "NFL players shouldn't get involved in this kind of behaviour etc etc" rant from Goodell.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information