No announcement yet.

Cold-City Superbowls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad weather is part of the game. This isn't baseball. A snowy Super bowl would be really fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
      bad weather would make for a low scoring game. if the game is boring, casual fans wont give a crap.

1.) NFC Championship: Giants at Green Bay: 23-20, 641 yards of total offense.
      2.) What casual fan goes to the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        nice, lol.

im not sure if he was actually talking about cold affecting the games or just bad weather....

bad weather probably would lead to a low scoring game unless both teams have piss poor run defenses

Comment

Many causal fans go to the superbowl, heck people go even if they aren't fans at all.

Comment

The majority of people at the Superbowl are casual fans or people that don't even follow football. It's too bad it's like that, but it is.

Comment

The current policy makes no sense at all. The Superbowl should either be rotated to every city or only played in domes. The reasoning behind the current policy to make sure games have good weather, well what about the monsoon during the Bears and Colts game. I don't really mind it, but that was good weather, so if they truly desire what they say they do they would tell Miami to put a roof on their stadium or never get the Superbowl like they did to KC and NY. They should rotate the Superbowl, but if thats not an option then only play in domes, so at least their explanation doesn't look like total bullsh*t.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

New York and Chicago need super bowls. Those are two of the biggest cities in the whole world and are great football towns.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  The majority of people at the Superbowl are casual fans or people that don't even follow football. It's too bad it's like that, but it is.
                  Thats true but if they start having the Superbowl in open stadiums like Lambeau and it gets 12-13 degrees outside, then slowly and surely the average Superbowl attendee could be people that actually care to be apart of Football History and not just because they are popular at the moment. Like House the last Superbowl, he didn't even know who was playing really and he was going and got interviewed and everything.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

how about the colts make fake snow and wind, like a redo of patriots vs raiders

Comment

I would love to see bad weather Super Bowls, personally.

Comment

1) no run defense
                        2) a huge majority of people at the game are there because their company got tickets or celebs are there because it's a social event. also, I wasnt talking about people going to the game but people causally watching it. there are a huge majority of people who watch not caring who wins but if it's boring they're not going to.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

1) no run defense
                          2) a huge majority of people at the game are there because their company got tickets or celebs are there because it's a social event. also, I wasnt talking about people going to the game but people causally watching it. there are a huge majority of people who watch not caring who wins but if it's boring they're not going to.
                          I dont recall either team running that well.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

1) no run defense
                            That's not true at all. There was only 164 yards rushing combined in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              That's not true at all. There was only 164 yards rushing combined in that game.
                              I could have sworn that Ryan Grant had a good day. I might be thinking of the GB-Seattle game. I thought it was snowing during that one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I think the best (or at least most memorable) games are played in poor weather. There's the Snow Bowl in 2001 with Raiders and Patriots, the game this year in the Giants and Packers and so many more. I find that my favorite playoff games are often the divisional or championship games for the simple reason that they are often played against the elements just as much as they are played against the other team. I love it. It's a part of football and I think it should be a part of the Super Bowl as well. I would love to see them bring a Super Bowl to Chicago or New York in early February. It would be absolutely awesome. Football is the only game that you see actually played in the elements--basketball is indoors and baseball is played in the summer months and if it's even drizzling the game is postponed. It is not right that the biggest stage of the whole sport doesn't share in this unique feature.

P.S. I abhor indoor games--it just isn't natural to play NFL football on turf and with a roof overhead.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information