Cold-City Superbowls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold-City Superbowls

on the poll on www.nfl.com, it asks if the Superbowl should be played in a cold-city.
    Do you think they should not only be played in warm cities, but also in cold?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Thats a ridiculous question. Of course the Superbowl should be played in cold cities as well, plenty of NFL teams play in cold climates - it's all part of the game.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

if there's a stadium, you can play a superbowl there. Weather is what it is, it shouldn't matter if it's hot or cold.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I just want to see one super bowl in the snow, that would be awesome.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I just want to see one super bowl in the snow, that would be awesome.
          in the rain should be great as well.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I don't think it will happen. The NFL was pushing for the Giants to put a dome on their new stadium so they could have a Super Bowl in the NY market, but the Giants refused.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
              They have had those
              See bears vs. colts
              Wasn't cold weather but it was raining throughout the whole game.

Comment

Just go to cold cities as well, wasn't the packers-giants game about the best of the whole of last season.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Its not all about the atmosphere for the players though... they want to keep the attending fans happy as well. The super bowl weekend its self costs thousands of dollars... why would you want to pay that $ for a weekend in the cold...

Comment

Originally posted by SMoore View Post
                    They have had those
                    See bears vs. colts
                    Wasn't cold weather but it was raining throughout the whole game.
                    that's right, and it looked awesome.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                      Its not all about the atmosphere for the players though... they want to keep the attending fans happy as well. The super bowl weekend its self costs thousands of dollars... why would you want to pay that $ for a weekend in the cold...
                      I don't think that matters. It is all about the game. They just had a Super Bowl in Detroit. If they were concerned about the rest of the weekend they would have never put it in Detroit, one of the most run down cities in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I don't think that matters. It is all about the game. They just had a Super Bowl in Detroit. If they were concerned about the rest of the weekend they would have never put it in Detroit, one of the most run down cities in America.
                        there are many, many reasons besides weather that they probably shouldn't have put a superbowl in detroit, lol. same goes for philly. if they ever for some reason have a superbowl in philly....god help them all.

i think a SB in chicago or pittsburgh would be amazing. getting into the heart of the league right there.

id say green bay but that may be a little TOO cold weather....

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          We did see it.. Colts-Bears

Comment

bad weather would make for a low scoring game. if the game is boring, casual fans wont give a crap.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                              It's the super bowl, its going to be packed if its -5, and people will still go...Nobody wants to miss out on the super bowl, cold or not...I think it provides other advantages too,if somebody like the Bears, Packers, or Browns make the superbowl why do they have to play on astro turf or warm weather? It would be a good change time to time, if you can't play in the snow you need to come up with a gameplan to make it happen.

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                              bad weather would make for a low scoring game. if the game is boring, casual fans wont give a crap.

If its snowing like all hell, people would watch...Snow games are always fun, especially snowing in the super bowl, I doubt many people woul want to miss that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information