NFLPA President Mawae speaks out on rookie contracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
    If you think Ernie Accorsi and AJ smith want to pay their players this much, I think you have the wrong idea. I could be wrong, but I think organizations want to pay their players as little as possible, while still keeping them happy enough to resign another contract before that current one ends thus keeping them inside the franchise.

The part I hate about football is that its a business =(
    true that homie....

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
      If you think Ernie Accorsi and AJ smith want to pay their players this much, I think you have the wrong idea. I could be wrong, but I think organizations want to pay their players as little as possible, while still keeping them happy enough to resign another contract before that current one ends thus keeping them inside the franchise.

The part I hate about football is that its a business =(
      general managers will pay as much as they can to keep a player happy and to keep enough to ensure they can continue to run a team and build for the future we know the drill. If general managers are going to relent to over zealous agents and players then should the CBA have to change in order for the front offices around the league to wake up to themselves.

The players might be annoyed because they feel underpaid but right now the system isn't broken.

Not only that but because a few players dont like the way rookies are being paid is not a good enough reason to oust a leader who has to date lead the nfl negotiations through an unparalelled period of harmony, profitability and prosperity.

Besides which would removing him from office and replacing him with someone inexperienced really lead to an improvement in the status quo.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information