NFL Network's Top Ten Receiving Corps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
    Where you guys think last years Patriots rank...

Well one year is hard to judge, but if Moss and Welker light it up again like last year, they DO go in the top ten. If they're more like they were in the playoffs, I put them at about #24. Remember, nobody but Packer fans wanted Moss last March & April.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollingMoss View Post
      Um....Cris Carter is - statistically speaking now - unquestionably the second best receiver of all-time.

John Taylor is - statistically speaking now - Jake Reed.

I am not intrigued by what you are saying and do not wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Had to look up the stats, so here ya go:
      Carter in '98: 78, 1011, 13.0, 12
      Not bad, how bout the next season?: 90, 1241, 13.8, 13
      He improved? No way...next season?:96, 1274, 13.3, 9
      Wow...seems like his age had diddly **** to do with his production and saying John Taylor impacted a game more than him is, I dunno, ******* insane.

...you on drugs?
      How is Carter statistically the unquestioned 2nd best of all-time when he's 6th in yards?

And I'm not sure why you think I'm on drugs with that statement. I have dozens and dozens of games from that era. Teams almost invariably put their top corner on Taylor (especially since he usually lined up at split end). Rice usually worked against linebackers, zones, and 2nd and 3rd corners. You'd be hard-pressed to find him legitimately beating an elite corner (although there were certainly a few instances of this...Jerry Gray in 1985 Monday Night Football 49ers/Rams comes to mind).

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanTaber View Post
        How is Carter statistically the unquestioned 2nd best of all-time when he's 6th in yards?

And I'm not sure why you think I'm on drugs with that statement. I have dozens and dozens of games from that era. Teams almost invariably put their top corner on Taylor (especially since he usually lined up at split end). Rice usually worked against linebackers, zones, and 2nd and 3rd corners. You'd be hard-pressed to find him legitimately beating an elite corner (although there were certainly a few instances of this...Jerry Gray in 1985 Monday Night Football 49ers/Rams comes to mind).
        2nd in receptions
        2nd in touchdowns
        6th in yards

Pretty good.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Steve Largent was the 2nd Best Receiver of All-Time IMO. I don't think any receiver maximised his talent and physical gifts as well as Steve Largent. The most consistently great receiver in his day on what was a team that struggled out of expansion status during the first 5 or 6 years of his career.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information