Youtube and the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube and the NFL

Is there any one else who fails to see the point when the NFL tears down any form of highlight video placed on the youtube site?

I don't understand why they don't see it as free advertising? I mean no one is going to be able to upload their product before the games have been shown on live TV any way so its not like they'll lose viewers. If anything some kid in china watching Laron Landry feed someone his helmet is going to cause that kid to follow the game more and more until he buys a Landry jersey.

I know that when I started following gridiron it falls at a good time in Australia. Offseason is when our football codes are played and the NFL kicks in during the downish period where no sport I like is played.

Having videos of highlights online got me into the sport more and more.

If the NFL wants to spread its brand internationally wouldn't you agree that removing videos or rather, trailers/commercials from the largest media sharing site on the internet is counter productive?

I'm sure the NFL would rather have people go to NFL.com to watch their videos.

But I pretty much agree, I would like to see the NFL allow videos on Youtube, but with the way copyright laws are now, that won't happen.

Comment

The thing is though, that same 12 year old kid from china is able to put together highlights 10x better than NFL.com

Comment

Why are the Chinese always the example? Whats wrong with Antarticans hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
          Why are the Chinese always the example? Whats wrong with Antarticans hmm?
          Harder to spell Antarticans I'm not sure either of us got it right.

Comment

No one lives in Antartica

Comment

Sure they do, scientist are there all the time.

America is to Americans
              as
              Antartica is to Antarticans

Comment

because they want people to go their website so it gets more hits and they make more money. duh

Comment

or they could use it as free comercials. Who goes to NFL.com for highlight videos? no one. People only go there to look at the news and their teams website so technically they wouldn't lose any buisness.
                  Plus by promoting it on Youtube, they will get more viewers and I believe that TV ads make more money.

Comment

Too bad it's spelled Antarctica

Comment

You woud like to think the NFL could come up with a guy to do personal highlight tapes on a section of their website, but I guess they feel like thats too much work for a free website...Bothers me when they take the videos down too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Antarctica's population is something like twelve...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          You woud like to think the NFL could come up with a guy to do personal highlight tapes on a section of their website, but I guess they feel like thats too much work for a free website...Bothers me when they take the videos down too.
                          They cancelled my account because of my HL videos :roll:

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                            Antarctica's population is something like twelve...
                            Try around 4000 to 1000 depending on the time of year.

Also I am sure they do it because if they let too much get out of hand then people will just start posting full games.
                            Last edited by Brent; 05-23-2008, 02:31 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              No one lives in Antartica
                              its Antarctica

Hitman D

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information