Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So like...Vince Young considered retirement last year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So like...Vince Young considered retirement last year

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ed-retirement/

    wowity wow wow wow.....

    what the hell is up with that?

    At age 24 -- only one year into his NFL career -- he said he considered retirement.

    "I really thought long and hard about it," Young said on Thursday after practice. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things.
    so theres some shocking news i think.....

    thoughts on that?

  • #2
    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ed-retirement/

    wowity wow wow wow.....

    what the hell is up with that?



    so theres some shocking news i think.....

    thoughts on that?
    Football becomes more work and less fun the higher a level you play at. I wouldn't trust the mental stability of anyone who plays at a profesional level who doesn't contemplate retirement at least once a season.

    Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

    Comment


    • #3
      Add in the fact that hes not very good and he could have a legitimate reason to quit.

      In all seriousness though itd be dumb to quit that early.He still has alot of potential and could be a great QB.If he works hard he could be glad he stayed in the NFL.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
        Football becomes more work and less fun the higher a level you play at. I wouldn't trust the mental stability of anyone who plays at a profesional level who doesn't contemplate retirement at least once a season.
        Maybe but nobody else feels the need to come out and say it. It's not a big deal but its still slightly worrying if you're a Titans fan.

        Sig by Eaglez.Fan

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
          Football becomes more work and less fun the higher a level you play at. I wouldn't trust the mental stability of anyone who plays at a profesional level who doesn't contemplate retirement at least once a season.
          Without a doubt. I'm only playing at the 1aa level. By the end of the season you can't even watch a football game on TV you are so burned out. We only have a 4 month season. I can't even imagine going from late July until late December or January(although it would still be awesome.)
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd hate it too if I played as bad as he did.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #7
              WTF?

              Even if the guy is gold with every co-ed in the state of Texas for the next few decades, taking the money and running isn't the ideal thing to be thinking about.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Geo View Post
                WTF?

                Even if the guy is gold with every co-ed in the state of Texas for the next few decades, taking the money and running isn't the ideal thing to be thinking about.
                You have to take into account his father, who had been in prison for most of VY's life had just gotten out this year. On top of that, he had nothing but negative press last year despite his domestic issues.

                I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's ok. Even if he does retire we still have the immortal Kerry Collins.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    WTF?

                    Even if the guy is gold with every co-ed in the state of Texas for the next few decades, taking the money and running isn't the ideal thing to be thinking about.
                    i know after reading that i look at him a little differently...

                    i think you have to have a passion for playing, especially to play qb.

                    imagine if we found out that joe montana or dan marino considered quitting after their rookie years......i wouldn't believe it.

                    im still having trouble digesting that vince young considered retiring....

                    imagine seeing the espn crawl to that:

                    "ESPN's John Clayton reports that Tennessee Titans and NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year QB Vince Young has sent his retirement papers into the NFL offices."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have always been a huge Vince Young fan, was my number one prospect in 06, and this worries me a little bit, however in the end, it shouldn't affect his play for this year more so for last season because he was in that state of mind a year ago.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        i know after reading that i look at him a little differently...

                        i think you have to have a passion for playing, especially to play qb.

                        imagine if we found out that joe montana or dan marino considered quitting after their rookie years......i wouldn't believe it.

                        im still having trouble digesting that vince young considered retiring....

                        imagine seeing the espn crawl to that:

                        "ESPN's John Clayton reports that Tennessee Titans and NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year QB Vince Young has sent his retirement papers into the NFL offices."


                        Sheer pressure from everyone would prevent that.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                        Next Up: 2012

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd want to retire too if Brandon Jones was my top Wideout.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            I'd want to retire too if Brandon Jones was my top Wideout.
                            dont worry! RB chris johnson will solve all of those pesky WR problems!!

                            Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Sheer pressure from everyone would prevent that.
                            seriously, in their lust for for anything thats 1.) newsworthy and 2.) negative, they would put it up....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
                              I have always been a huge Vince Young fan, was my number one prospect in 06, and this worries me a little bit, however in the end, it shouldn't affect his play for this year more so for last season because he was in that state of mind a year ago.
                              I disagree. Why? Because, perhaps more than any other position on the field, the QB requires the unquestioned support of every one of those other 10 men out there with him. People want to talk about leadership? This news severely undercuts the leadership influence that Vince Young has in the huddle. Because of that, it may very well hurt him this season.

                              Oldie but a goodie.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information