Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS sportsline overrated underrated NFL players for each team..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-Men88 View Post
    I like Hall and I think he is definitely not overrated but I'd have to say the main reason he had a great year last year was because QB's tended to go after Chris Houston.
    Maybe so, but allowing one TD in a whole year and shutting down everybody you matched up against is still impressive.

It's not like he had a great player next to him in 2004-2006 in Jason Webster, either.

If someone brings up Torry Holt having a great game against us, or Anquan Boldin, or something like that I might hit something. They caught and got open on Houston, not Hall. It was especially evident in those two games, where Houston was draped on Holt but Houston's obvious lack of ball skills hurt him, and against Arizona where Larry did nothing all day, but late in the game they put Hall on Boldin, who was getting the best of Houston, and then Larry Fitzgerald beat Houston on a gamewinning overtime drive.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
      You kind of contradicted yourself.

That's what a man corner is supposed to do, play man. If that's your forte and your good at it and a top 3 corner you don't get beat. I understand slumps but he gets beat more that you're letting on.

Don't get why you're playing this card. Last year McKenzie played like a top 5 CB. He was a top 5 CB last year. Doesn't make him underrated. Hall gets praise because he was the best player on a bad to marginal defense.
      I think he just had a typo. In 2006 Zonatelli was the DC for the falcons and basically gave D Hall no chance to suceed with his particular skills.
      Originally posted by STARHEATHER
      the only hot actreeses are adult
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
      Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Hwoarang View Post
        You kind of contradicted yourself.

That's what a man corner is supposed to do, play man. If that's your forte and your good at it and a top 3 corner you don't get beat. I understand slumps but he gets beat more that you're letting on.

Don't get why you're playing this card. Last year McKenzie played like a top 5 CB. He was a top 5 CB last year. Doesn't make him underrated. Hall gets praise because he was the best player on a bad to marginal defense.
        I meant zone. He played zone in 2006 and was horrible in it.

So I didn't mean to contrdict myself.

And no, last year he didn't get beat much at all. Amani Toomer had a few snags on him, Anthony Gonzalez as well, and Joey Galloway had a sluggo TD on him (which was the only catch he had on Hall in the two games). He dominated last year.

And I'm not biased because he trash talked about the Falcons and is no longer with the team.
        Virginia Tech.

Comment

His personality screams for people to blast his play, not actually the play itself (save 2006). If he never said a word there'd be significantly less hate thrown at him.

I just think he's extremely confident and... likes to show it. I love the guy; even if he did abandon my team. :(

Comment

I'm not really sure DeAngelo Hall is overrated, mostly because in all the discussions about him in the media this offseason, very few people have called him an elite or shutdown corner. The general opinion of this is more informed by the drama he caused the Falcons last season than by the fact that he mostly excelled in man coverage last season. Truth is, there isn't a place he could go to that would determine how quality he is better than Oakland, where he'll be put out on an island almost every single passing down. At the very least, I'm withholding judgment until the coming season.

He's definitely the obvious choice for Oakland, but I would have picked someone like Michael Huff.

Comment

I have problems with these players as overrated:
              Hines Ward
              Chad Johnson
              Antonio Cromartie
              Donte Stallworth
              Ronde Barber

Calling CJ overrated is just ridiculous, statisically how much more consistent can you be as far as performing at a high level? Him not getting the ball in certain games is not all on him, blame the lack of running game, blocking, or mis communication by him and Carson, Chad is far from overrated...To put it into perspective, Santana Moss was also overrated, and he is up and down all the time, huge game then dissapears, has never performed as consistently as Chad.

Same gripe with Ward, he was banged up last year and still played great, I just don't see any way you would want to call him overrated, he is far from it, hell he is more underrated then anything.

Antonio Cromartie? Seriously? Of course he had some lapses in coverages and made mistakes, maybe I missed the part about him being a veteran, I guess because he made alot of picks people forget that he is still raw, young, and learning the game still...He is FAR ahead of the curve and expectations they expected at this point, he is not perfect no, he is not consistently locking WR's down like the elite, but the ability is there, he just needs more time to grow into that player, but come on give the guy more time...Its crazy to call him overrated at this point because of a few mistakes, being raw was was something that was well documented about him coming out.

Donte Stallworth isn't overrated, maybe he got paid like he is, but the Browns have a #1 WR, they also know Winslow is like their #2, Stallworth is there to stretch the defense and keep attention off their other targets, and he will have his big games, but I doubt you can call him overrated when I doubt Cleveland expects him to get 1200 yds and 10 tds...As far as Barber, he is a seasoned vet who is getting older, what do you expect? He still is an elite cover 2 corner and will make plays regardless, don't get whats overrated about him, is he old? Yes, don't see how that makes you overrated.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Donte Stallworth isn't overrated, maybe he got paid like he is, but the Browns have a #1 WR, they also know Winslow is like their #2, Stallworth is there to stretch the defense and keep attention off their other targets, and he will have his big games, but I doubt you can call him overrated when I doubt Cleveland expects him to get 1200 yds and 10 tds
                He's overrated because he got such a huge contract for someone who's never had move than 950 yards receiving and never had more than like 7 TDs. And he's only played a full season 3 times.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

What "analysts" think that Ahman Green and Edgerrin James are elite?
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I thought that whole article was junk, like most of the stuff on CBS.

The majority of the "overrated" players are the ones that people already know are on the decline. Who in here thinks that Edgerrin James is overrated? What about Roy Williams? Ahman Green?

This guy's a douchebag, he just went for the popular player and tried to find a way to call him out. Julius Peppers overrated? Guy has one bad year and all of a sudden you disregard his career?

And how exactly is Brian Westbrook underrated? This guy is basing most of his opinions on Pro-Bowl voting, and that's enough to show how much of a dip sh** he is.

Comment

If anything, DeAngelo Hall is underrated, if you're going to rate people like Antonio Cromartie and Mike McKenzie ahead of him.
                      Last edited by Draft King; 05-27-2008, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        I thought that whole article was junk, like most of the stuff on CBS.

The majority of the "overrated" players are the ones that people already know are on the decline. Who in here thinks that Edgerrin James is overrated? What about Roy Williams? Ahman Green?

This guy's a douchebag, he just went for the popular player and tried to find a way to call him out. Julius Peppers overrated? Guy has one bad year and all of a sudden you disregard his career?

And how exactly is Brian Westbrook underrated? This guy is basing most of his opinions on Pro-Bowl voting, and that's enough to show how much of a dip sh** he is.
                        You have to keep in mind we are not normal fans. Casual football fans still think those players (Roy Williams, Edgerrin James, etc) are still top tier players.
                        Virginia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                          He's overrated because he got such a huge contract for someone who's never had move than 950 yards receiving and never had more than like 7 TDs. And he's only played a full season 3 times.
                          Who isn't getting big contracts at this point? FA is all screwed up and guys get contracts that are absurdly huge, I don't think because the market is screwed up it makes guys overrated, it would be different if Stallworth were making pro bowls but he is what he is...He was going to get big time money alot of different places.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I like his underrated pick for the Buccaneers; Jermaine Phillips. He has performed at a high level for the last few years and has really sured up the secondary. I disagree with Ronde as overrated and still think he is a quality CB in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I have problems with these players as overrated:
                              Hines Ward
                              Chad Johnson
                              Antonio Cromartie
                              Donte Stallworth
                              Ronde Barber

Antonio Cromartie? Seriously? Of course he had some lapses in coverages and made mistakes, maybe I missed the part about him being a veteran, I guess because he made alot of picks people forget that he is still raw, young, and learning the game still...He is FAR ahead of the curve and expectations they expected at this point, he is not perfect no, he is not consistently locking WR's down like the elite, but the ability is there, he just needs more time to grow into that player, but come on give the guy more time...Its crazy to call him overrated at this point because of a few mistakes, being raw was was something that was well documented about him coming out.
                              Cromartie is definitely overated. People are putting him in the top 5 and even top 3 already. I understand that he's a fun player to watch and that's how he's gained his popularity, but yes he is overated at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                Cromartie is definitely overated. People are putting him in the top 5 and even top 3 already. I understand that he's a fun player to watch and that's how he's gained his popularity, but yes he is overated at this point.
                                This man sees things my way on the subject. No way is he top 3 just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information