What Comes First?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    whats with every year a running back setting a 2,000 yard goal? last year Johnson now him...
    Umm yeah. My thoughts exactly. There is a reason why it doesnt happen all that often in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
      Just one more player in the NFL with a big mouth and overgrown ego.
      Like Cromartie setting a goal of 15 ints next season ..... pshhhhhhh. Just kidding.

Comment

You guys are hilarious. So according to you guys being ambitious is a bad thing? If his goal is to get 2000 yards then more power to him. No one gets anywhere without being ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          I always thought the chicken came first?

Or is it the egg?

The world may never know.
          The first "chicken" was born out of an egg that was laid by a "non-chicken". So it was the egg.

Comment

whats with every year a running back setting a 2,000 yard goal? last year Johnson now him...

Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
            Umm yeah. My thoughts exactly. There is a reason why it doesnt happen all that often in the NFL.

Why is it so hard to understand the purpose of alot of goals are to set them extra high, thats the landmark for a RB, nobody says 1,000 because its too easy and most don't do 1,500 because the purpose of a goal is not to set something realistic that they can accomplish its to set the benchmark high so they have to work incredibly hard in the off season...He's not the only person to set a goal that didn't reach it, I believe Cromartie said he wanted 15 picks this season, something outrageous that has never been done, but it makes these guys work that much harder.

They aren't stupid and they know 2k doesn't happen every season, but if you are a competitor which attitude should you have "maybe I can get 1000 yds next season, at least I hope", or "I'm going to push myself for 2000 yds, thats my goal"? Its a personal goal, no one should have any problem with a player setting a personal goal for himself that will involve him working incredibly hard to make it remotely possible...Unless you like the players who smoke and drink the entire off season and come back fat and out of shape, the fact that he is mentioning 2k lets you know where his head is at.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Why do people keep saying that LJ never said that just the fans and media?

Comment

Hey, I have no problem with people wanting to set their expectations high. I was just thinking that you dont really hear about players at other positions come out and say they are gonna do something monsterous this year as much as you hear RBs say it. Especially when they havent done it (or anything close to it) in the past. . .

Maybe I should tell Alex Smith to come out and say he is gonna throw 50 td passes for the 49ers this year.

Or I could tell Jon Kitna to say the Lions are gonna win atleast 10 games this year. Oh, wait. He's already done that? Nevermind.

Next year, I'm going to shoot for 2000 posts. I better start training now.

I'm done being a smartass now. I dont really care that players say those things.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                  You need the chicken to pop out the egg but the egg to pop out the chicken duh so it was like magic.
                  People get upset at me when they bring that up. Eggs were around long before chickens were and I'm fairly sure eggs will continue to exist long after chickens stop.

Comment

The whole 2K yards thing is foolish, but Selvin Young is good in Denver. If he's the main back, and they should just cut ties with Travis Henry and stick with Pittman as the #2/third-down back and Andre Hall at #3, then Young could have a really good season if he stays healthy.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The chicken.

Comment

Selvin won't make it past 800. Chicken ftw!

Comment

What ever happened to Mike Bell?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            6 ATT 3YDs last year. What a beast.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                              Selvin won't make it past 800. Chicken ftw!
                              I'll say Young goes over 1,000 yards.

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                              He's still Mike Bell.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information