Possibility of no draft in 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of no draft in 2011

Thats right, if the labour talks continue to break down, its possible that the draft process currently in place till 2011 will go out the door soon after the salary cap.

Its a long way off but still what do you guys think its impact will be. since if I'm not mistaken they won't be subject to negotiating rules. If I'm not wrong wouldn't they all become a massive pool of free gents to be bid for at will?

I don't even want to think about a world without the draft..

Comment

I would stop watching football, one of the dumbest choices they could make.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Doubt it even happens, its too far away right now, these things are always "possible", i just doubt it gets to this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

That's still three years away. They'll get something done before then, they stand to lose too much money.

Comment

I'm convinced that the CBA will be in place before the 2010 season even starts, but we already know what a "draftless" leauge may be like. Look at the bonuses and salaries that began to skyrocket prior to the leauge merger (NFL - AFL). You think rookies get paid too much now!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

All the Florida and Cali teams would reap in the players as they are great places to live and home of some of the biggest U's. The two Ohio teams would do alright too, and of course all the richer teams. No more Vikes lol, no one like the cold
              --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
              ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
              .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
              ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                That's still three years away. They'll get something done before then, they stand to lose too much money.
                Could not agree more would be down right shocked if they don't get it worked out.

Comment

I doubt it happens, but if it does, Dallas will dominate. We've got the cash, and everyone loves Dallas.

BoneKrusher

Comment

The draft is too much of a money maker to throw out the window.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      The draft is too much of a money maker to throw out the window.
                      Exactly. The NFL will concede what they need to to keep that cash cow going as well as getting a new CBA. Likewise, the Player's Association will likely give in and have some type of rookie cap. This should fix things.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Say if there is no draft, then how do teams get the younger players? They all enter the free agent pool? Or how does it work then?

Comment

Even MLB has a draft without a cap...there will be something in place...no way the draft leaves us.

Comment

Yup, it would be like old times where those players get to decide where they would like to go.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              Yup, it would be like old times where those players get to decide where they would like to go.
                              O wow, imagine that then.. That would be interesting to see how it would work for 1 year, even though realistically that's not feasible. But I guess it would be one huge free for all then.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information