Top 5 Defenders in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    LMAO I almost quoted him, because when I got to Roy's name I didn't even read the rest until last minute...Good one :D I was almost shocked that I didn't want to take the time to read the rest.
    haha, that was actually what i was expecting from most people. i figured i'd put him in the middle so there would still be plenty of text that people would be to annoyed to finish reading

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
      Im not saying Bob Sanders shouldnt be up there, im saying that your WHY is questionable
      You didn't even give reasoning so I don't see why it matters.

Comment

Kevin Williams
        Champ Bailey
        DeMarcus Ware
        Ed Reed
        Vince Wilfork

Comment

Reigning DPoY doesnt say to much though...
          Yeah but along with Reed, Sanders is the best secondary player in the league. Im not just saying that as a homer, Im saying that because of his incredible versatility to both be a monster at stopping the run and great at covering the pass as well.
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
            Yeah but along with Reed, Sanders is the best secondary player in the league. Im not just saying that as a homer, Im saying that because of his incredible versatility to both be a monster at stopping the run and great at covering the pass as well.
            I would take a dominant safety over a dominant cornerback anyday. Safeties have to be more versatile in both defending the run and pass.
            INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Shawne Merriman
              Brian Urlacher
              Albert Hanesworth
              Bob Sanders
              Jared Allen

in no peticular order

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush

Comment

DE: Julius Peppers- Still the best in the game at DE, wouldn't want anyone over him.

DT: Kevin Williams- The better part of the d-line, even with the addition of Allen.

LB: DeMarcus Ware- Everything in his game is at an elite level.

CB: Champ Bailey- No body does what he does as well. He had an off year but most of the blame should be put of that terrible front 7.

S: LaRon Landry- Yes Landry, after the death of Taylor LaRon took him game to another level. He is playing like a elite safety and has the entire field covered. Plus he doesn't have a good teammate beside him but still looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  DE: Julius Peppers- Still the best in the game at DE, wouldn't want anyone over him.

DT: Kevin Williams- The better part of the d-line, even with the addition of Allen.

LB: DeMarcus Ware- Everything in his game is at an elite level.

CB: Champ Bailey- No body does what he does as well. He had an off year but most of the blame should be put of that terrible front 7.

S: LaRon Landry- Yes Landry, after the death of Taylor LaRon took him game to another level. He is playing like a elite safety and has the entire field covered. Plus he doesn't have a good teammate beside him but still looked great.
                  To take Landry over Reed and Sanders is alil bit....meeh

Comment

DeMarcus Ware
                    Osi
                    Champ Bailey
                    LaRon Landry
                    Ed Reed

No order.

Edited
                    Last edited by skinzzfan25; 05-31-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

To take Landry over Reed and Sanders is alil bit....meeh
                      Give him a safety to the similar cailber of what Reed and Sanders has, oh yeah he did and they were unstoppable to go deep on.

Comment

These are in no particular order.

Champ Bailey- the essence of a shutdown corner. He'll take a chance or two and get burnt, but he's still the best in the league at his position.

Demarcus Ware- not only is he one of the best pass rushers in the league, he can defend against the run.

Ed Reed- the best safety in the league and he can do it all.

Bob Sanders- just look at how bad the Colts d is when he's out.

Shawne Merriman- another pass rushing beast.

Comment

Shawne Merriman
                          Nnamdi Asomugha
                          Ed Reed
                          Bob Sanders
                          Brian Urlacher

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

In particular order.

1. DeMarcus Ware - Just all around the best LB in the game. If the coaching staff wanted him to be a tackling machine, he would, but there's other people with less skill-set than he does that can do that dirty work. He rushes the passer like the best, and covers ground like a safety.

2. Nnamdi Asomugha - There's a reason why these guys get paid big bucks, and that's because it's one of the hardest positions to play. Aso plays it like it's no ones business, and shuts his man down. If i needed someone to cover a WR right now, for one play... he's the guy i go to.

3. Jared Allen - One of the best 4-3 DL in the game. 15 sacks in a short season with little to no defensive line help. Absolutely beastly pass rush, and great against the run too. There's little this guy can't do.

4. Bob Sanders - No one means more to his team defensively more than this guy. He's the heart and soul of the Colts' D. If you take the axle, the wheels fall off, and that's what Sanders is. Very good at covering, but even better at tackling and making plays inside the box. Hardly misses a tackle.

5. Patrick Willis - Shooting up in my rankings as the best ILB in the game. On a team with little help, he still managed to lead the league in tackles. If Balmer pans out for his line up front, he will be the next Ray Lewis/Young Brian Urlacher.

Comment

Putting my homer googles on I say

Kevin Williams
                              Jared Allen
                              Nnamdi Asomugha
                              Bob Sanders
                              Brian Urlacher

I tried to go with one player per position and those 5 are the best at their positions IMO or at least the look like the best because of the systems they play in.

Comment

Adrian Wilson
                                Shawn Merriman
                                Kevin Williams
                                Richard Seymour
                                Nnamdi Asomugha

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information