No announcement yet.

Top 5 Defenders in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Pat and Kevin Williams were one person and were able to clog up the middle they would have to be up here. Probably the best Dline duo.

Homerism:

Also Al Harris is not top 5, but deserves some love. He played with crap for teammates in 04 and 05 (guys like Carroll) but played excellently. He shouldve made the Pro Bowl those 2 years instead of this year.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      Homerism:

Also Al Harris is not top 5, but deserves some love. He played with crap for teammates in 04 and 05 (guys like Carroll) but played excellently. He shouldve made the Pro Bowl those 2 years instead of this year.
      He also got beat like a whipping boy vs Plaxico and the likes of Patrick Crayton...I like Al Harris but he deserves no part of a thread titled 'top 5 defenders in the NFL'.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If Pat and Kevin Williams were one person and were able to clog up the middle they would have to be up here. Probably the best Dline duo.

Homerism:

get real. seriously, he doesn't deserve any love in the 'top 5 defensive players' talk. debate it in a 'top 5 CB thread' but this is just laughable here

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

must say i am pretty shocked at those people who don't have a DL player on there list. It just doesn't make sense in my mind. Defenses are often built off of the DT and DE's, so to not have one just doesn't seem right to me. but if that is ur actual opinion i guess i can't argue. But u may be undervalueing their skill/talent/impact

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
            get real. seriously, he doesn't deserve any love in the 'top 5 defensive players' talk. debate it in a 'top 5 CB thread' but this is just laughable here
            Which is why I didnt put him the top 5. Im saying that in 04-05 he couldve been close had he had a better supporting cast. Regardless, he isnt at all close to top 5

Brian Urlacher
            Champ Bailey
            Aso
            Ed Reed
            Mario will be
            Merrimen is up there
            Bob Sanders

Its hard to narrow it to 5
            Last edited by neko4; 05-31-2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Urlacher, Merriman, Reed, Bailey, and Sanders. Probably wouldve said the same group last offseason with Peppers in there instead of Bob Sanders. Not anymore

Comment

Best S - Ed Reed
                Best CB - Nnamdi Asomugha
                Best LB - DeMarcus Ware
                Best DE - Aaron Kampman
                Best DT - Albert Hanesworth

Comment

Which is why I didnt put him the top 5. Im saying that in 04-05 he couldve been close had he had a better supporting cast. Regardless, he isnt at all close to top 5
                  as long as u acknowledge that. u made it seem as though he was on the bubble, and i certainly don't think he's in the top 15 to the bubble personally

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                    as long as u acknowledge that. u made it seem as though he was on the bubble, and i certainly don't think he's in the top 15 to the bubble personally
                    I was just saying Al didnt get enough love a couple years ago. Some of us Packer fans bring up Al whenever a thread like this gets made though.

Comment

Mario Williams
                      DeMarcus Ware
                      Brian Urlacher
                      Champ Bailey
                      Ed Reed

BoneKrusher

Comment

1. Nnamdi Asomugha. If you want feared, I would look to him. Throwing to him or challenging him would be a terrible mistake and an interception by him can change the course of the game very much.

2. Champ Bailey. See #1

3. Shawne Merriman. Feared pass rusher who can really make his presence felt in the passing game.

4. DeMarcus Ware. See #3.

5. Jared Allen. Hard to gameplan against a 3 down DE who does a great job rushing the passer, stopping the run, and getting his hands up to disrupt plays.

Honorable mentions (JUST missed):

Ed Reed. He does a great job taking away the deep game. You may think you have a WR open down the field, but by the time you throw and the ball gets their, its probably likely that Ed Reed is there.

Laron Landry. Same reason as Ed Reed. He has ridiculous range and has great instincts for the game. I think he still needs some work with his ball control skills, but as soon as he got that down, I think he will be just like Ed Reed in the sense that he can patrol the deep side of the field extremely well.

Brian Urlacher. Does a great job in coverage, rushing the passer, and supporting the run. Does it all very well and is very feared.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Champ Bailey
                          Ed Reed
                          Mario Williams
                          Patrick Willis
                          LaRon Landry

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

gotta love the love the Landry :D

dude is gonna be so sick in a year or two when he puts it together.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                            2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Brian Urlacher
                              Champ Bailey
                              Aso
                              Ed Reed
                              Mario will be
                              Merrimen is up there
                              Bob Sanders

Its hard to narrow it to 5
                              Then why did you even mention him? Wouldn't it be cool if everyone said, "Everyone on my team shouldn't be top 5 but they deserve some love." Who gives a ****?

Comment

clearly it's in no order:

Gary Brackett, Ron Girault, Eric Foster, Osi Umenyiora, and Justin Tuck
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information