No announcement yet.

Top 5 Defenders in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to say Patrick is in the top five but we should probably wait another year or two before we decide on that
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
      I really want to say Patrick is in the top five but we should probably wait another year or two before we decide on that
      Athletically and Physically he is there I believe, he just doesn't have the knowledge that experience will bring you like Urlacher, but going into next year you could argue he might be there...I think him and Mario are going to be two of the best defensive players in the game shortly, Willis is a wrecking ball that runs a 4.3 at his size and punishes the ball carrier...All I need to see from him is some great coverage plays like Urlacher makes consistently, and he will be about as dominant as you can get.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
        Justin Tuck over Ed Reed, Nnamdi Asomugha, Richard Seymour, Shawne Merriman, and Patrick Kerney?
        forgot about seymour and merriman, but Tuck is one scary guy

Comment

im really surprised no one is saying trent cole

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
            im really surprised no one is saying trent cole
            I'm surprised no one has Peppers or Freeney on their list. They are still the best at their position.

Comment

Unless Peppers plays up to his level next year, i consider him top10 De

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                I'm surprised no one has Peppers or Freeney on their list. They are still the best at their position.
                Why is that? Both struggled last year and Freeney is a pretty big liability against the run.
                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Shawne Merriman - 70% steroids/30% human, can't be stopped
                  Bob Sanders - Napoleon Complex, he's everywhere
                  Richard Seymour - Possibly best DE and DT in the game
                  Pat Williams - Fat and smart, quick off the snap, teams don't even bother running at him but still double him, impact

tie for 5th cuz I'm a ***** who can't stick to 5: Mario Williams (one year, but that potential), Julian Peterson (covers pass, stuffs run, rushes passer, what more ya want?), Brian Urlacher (seems like he's slipping though), Nadeaidaideia Assoeonmongua (weird name, great corner), Champ Bailey (weird name, great corner), Ed Reed (seems slower, but still makes the big play)

Haynesworth just has the one Contract year, Jason Taylor was hard to leave off cuz he can still get it done, Peppers should be here but what the **** man, I don't have much faith in Jared Allen keeping up that production and I don't know why, DeMarcus could be up there, Adrian Wilson should get some DAaaaaaaaap, and Polamalu, Kampman does everything, if Cromartie keeps improving how good could he be?, ditto Patrick Willis, when Tommie Harris is healthy he's unblockable, and Freeney's a hard case because he's "one-dimensional" but that one-dimension is Damn Good.

There ya go. My Top 378 defensive players. I'm Larry King.

Comment

Peppers really didnt do that well, Freeney was scary, i dunno if he is right now after his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                      Unless Peppers plays up to his level next year, i consider him top10 De
                      It will be pretty hard when teams know he the only threat on that d-line.

Comment

oh, wait maybe Tommie Harris as well

Comment

My list would prolly look something like this:

Nnamdi Asomugha
                          Bob Sanders
                          Jared Allen
                          Tommie Harris
                          Shawne Merriman
                          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            It will be pretty hard when teams know he the only threat on that d-line.
                            It was like that for Jared Allen last year and that didn't seem to effect his play that much. He was doubled almost every play and still put up insane numbers. I don't expect you to recognize that though, being a Packer homer and all.

Comment

I like allot of the players mentioned, but Richard Seymour is vastly overrated...i would take Aaron Smith or Haloti Ngata over him everyday of the week.

Comment

not sure why people are saying haynesworth is better then k williams or even harris. at this point haynesworth is more of a one year wonder whos best season came in a contract year. accumulated stats over the past four seasons...

--------------- G Takl Sack PDef Int FF FR TD
                                K Williams ----- 60 186 23.5 26 - 3 - 3 - 8 - 4
                                Tommie Harris - 60 139 19.5 03 - 0 - 5 - 3 - 0
                                Haynesworth -- 48 158 12.5 09 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 0
                                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information