Top 5 Defenders in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Defenders in NFL

Who are your top 5 NFL Defenders? Mine are as follows in no particular order...

Shawn Merriman(A freak of nature but in my opinion is best used as a pass rusher and not a cover LB)
    Bob Sanders(Very versatile safety who can stop the run and cover)
    Brian Urlacher(When healthy he is the best all around LB in the game)
    Ed Reed(Along with Sanders is the best safety in the game)
    Albert Haynesworth(When this guy is on his game, he is the most dominant D-lineman)
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Id say
    Urlacher, Reed, Asomugha, Bailey and i do like Mario Williams but i dont think he fits in here yet

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
      Who are your top 5 NFL Defenders? Mine are as follows in no particular order...

Shawn Merriman(A freak of nature but in my opinion is best used as a pass rusher and not a cover LB)
      Bob Sanders(Very versatile safety who can stop the run and cover)
      Brian Urlacher(When healthy he is the best all around LB in the game)
      Ed Reed(Along with Sanders is the best safety in the game)
      Albert Haynesworth(When this guy is on his game, he is the most dominant D-lineman)
      Yeah that's a pretty good list. There's probably some defensive ends you can throw in their too when they're healthy. Champ Bailey and Demarcus Ware maybe as well.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

DeMarcus Ware - His versatility is amazing, the same pass rusher that Merriman is and does alot more.

Mario Williams - On his way to becoming the most dominant RE in the game.

Ed Reed - He just understands the game, incredible awareness, great hands, does everything.

Brian Urlacher - Top to bottom has everything you look for in a defender.

Tommie Harris - Probably the best 3 technique in the game, plays the game with incredible intensity.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          DeMarcus Ware - His versatility is amazing, the same pass rusher that Merriman is and does alot more.

Mario Williams - On his way to becoming the most dominant RE in the game.

Ed Reed - He just understands the game, incredible awareness, great hands, does everything.

Brian Urlacher - Top to bottom has everything you look for in a defender.

Tommie Harris - Probably the best 3 technique in the game, plays the game with incredible intensity.
          I dont agree with either Mario Williams or Tommie Harris. I think Mario isnt at that top 5 level yet, and Tommie is not the best DT in the game. That would belong to Haynesworth. Harris is probably a top 3 DT though.
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
            I dont agree with either Mario Williams or Tommie Harris. I think Mario isnt at that top 5 level yet, and Tommie is not the best DT in the game. That would belong to Haynesworth. Harris is probably a top 3 DT though.
            That could be argued, at the end of last year Mario started to put it all together and looked nearly unblockable, and Tommie Harris looked just as disruptive as AH a year ago, he was hurt nearly this whole past season, but the year before he was in the backfield and disrupting plays just the same as Albert...He might not have his brute strength, but he is quicker off the line, and again depending on who you ask could be the best 3 tech in the game right now...I prefer Tommie Harris over Haynesworth when both guys are healthy.

Comment

TBH and not biased Tommie Harris proved more than Haynesworth IMO. Harris played at a top level basically every year where as Haynesworth had one incredible year. If Haynesworth keeps up this kind of production id look at him and say he is the Top DT but atm for me he is not the best DT.

Comment

Jared Allen - The most unstoppable defensive end in the league

Albert Haynesworth- Had the best year for a defensive tackle I have seen in my lifetime, then again I'm only 19, last year

Nnamdi Asomugha - No one wants to go anywhere near him

Bob Sanders - Great against the pass, great against the run, and has an intensity that maybe 2-3 other players in the league have

Brian Urlacher - The best linebacker in the league

Comment

No Particular Order

Nnamdi Asomugha - covers like a blanket, eliminating one side of the field, and plays the run well.

Champ Bailey - Not necessarily based off last year, but when 100% has proven to be the top corner (right now top 2). Great coverage, and good run support.

2 corners are in here because so much relies on them

DeMarcus Ware - great pass rusher, good tackler, solid in coverage. You can rely on him in every situation and he excels

Roy Williams - S, Dallas Cowboys - i know he gets a lot of bad pub, but the guy is a monster. He stops the run, and NEVER gets beaten deep. Everytime it looks like its him, its just him covering for someone else.

Jared Allen - Although he really has only 1 big year, i'm pretty sold on last year. He didn't have much else for teams to worry about on the defense, and he was an absolute monster. Sacks, FF, and just big plays in general. He now has a monster line beside him and i'm very intrigued to see what happens.

Albert Haynesworth - You have to have a DT in the list of top 5 defensive players, and Big Albert was an absolute beast down in the trenches. He made the whole defense better, and really suprised a lot of people. If he can play like that on a regular basis, watch out.

As you can see, i didn't take any S or typical LBs. This is not to say that they aren't important. But i believe that corner is the position that can be abused the most and be seen as getting burned. Those 2 guys are the top of the class and change the entire plan on offense (when 100%).

Ware's overall skill in all facets makes him the total package. The hybrid LB-DE

Then u need ur dominant pass rusher, who i feel is Allen after last year, and a DT who is Haynesworth. The trenches are where the big boys come to play and getting a guy who can eat blockers and rush the QB is something that influences everything an offense does.

Sure a S and LB can play both the pass and the run, and needs to be accounted for. By no means do i mean to ignore Reed and Sanders, or any of those all facet LBs, but i just feel that these 5 guys are players that offenses focus on during the week to eliminate. I may change my mind even later today, but right now this is what i come to.

For the record, i'm obviously just messing with everyone about Roy Williams. I expect a few responses flaming me because they respond before they read this far.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                    No Particular Order

Nnamdi Asomugha - covers like a blanket, eliminating one side of the field, and plays the run well.

Champ Bailey - Not necessarily based off last year, but when 100% has proven to be the top corner (right now top 2). Great coverage, and good run support.

2 corners are in here because so much relies on them

DeMarcus Ware - great pass rusher, good tackler, solid in coverage. You can rely on him in every situation and he excels

Roy Williams - S, Dallas Cowboys - i know he gets a lot of bad pub, but the guy is a monster. He stops the run, and NEVER gets beaten deep. Everytime it looks like its him, its just him covering for someone else.

Jared Allen - Although he really has only 1 big year, i'm pretty sold on last year. He didn't have much else for teams to worry about on the defense, and he was an absolute monster. Sacks, FF, and just big plays in general. He now has a monster line beside him and i'm very intrigued to see what happens.

Albert Haynesworth - You have to have a DT in the list of top 5 defensive players, and Big Albert was an absolute beast down in the trenches. He made the whole defense better, and really suprised a lot of people. If he can play like that on a regular basis, watch out.

As you can see, i didn't take any S or typical LBs. This is not to say that they aren't important. But i believe that corner is the position that can be abused the most and be seen as getting burned. Those 2 guys are the top of the class and change the entire plan on offense (when 100%).

Ware's overall skill in all facets makes him the total package. The hybrid LB-DE

Then u need ur dominant pass rusher, who i feel is Allen after last year, and a DT who is Haynesworth. The trenches are where the big boys come to play and getting a guy who can eat blockers and rush the QB is something that influences everything an offense does.

Sure a S and LB can play both the pass and the run, and needs to be accounted for. By no means do i mean to ignore Reed and Sanders, or any of those all facet LBs, but i just feel that these 5 guys are players that offenses focus on during the week to eliminate. I may change my mind even later today, but right now this is what i come to.

For the record, i'm obviously just messing with everyone about Roy Williams. I expect a few responses flaming me because they respond before they read this far.
                    haha i liked the addition of Roy :D

Comment

Champ Bailey - Been a stud for years.
                      DeMarcus Ware - Dominant 3-4 LB.
                      Bob Sanders - Reigning Defensive Player of the Year.
                      Albert Haynesworth - Clogged running holes and brought pressure last year for the Titans.

There's 4 for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                        Champ Bailey - Been a stud for years.
                        DeMarcus Ware - Dominant 3-4 LB.
                        Bob Sanders - Reigning Defensive Player of the Year.
                        Albert Haynesworth - Clogged running holes and brought pressure last year for the Titans.

There's 4 for you.
                        Reigning DPoY doesnt say to much though...

Comment

LMAO I almost quoted him, because when I got to Roy's name I didn't even read the rest until last minute...Good one :D I was almost shocked that I didn't want to take the time to read the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                            Reigning DPoY doesnt say to much though...
                            You want a full analysis of him??? Watch the Colts defense with and without Bob Sanders and tell me he's not a top 5 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                              You want a full analysis of him??? Watch the Colts defense with and without Bob Sanders and tell me he's not a top 5 player.
                              Im not saying Bob Sanders shouldnt be up there, im saying that your WHY is questionable

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information