Bucs cut QB Gradkowski; sign TE Stevens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Co-Sign...Either way, I don't get cutting Gradkowski, I mean, what was the point in drafting him? It's just amazing to me sometimes how a 1st rd QB can be given year after year to prove something(David Carr), while others who were drafted later can get thrown out there as a rookie, and if he struggles then its time to cut your ties...Who knows if he can be a decent QB if he had time to sit and learn, but I guess his only fault in this situation is being drafted too late.

This is not to say that he is decent, maybe he is trash, i just feel like alot of times being drafted in the 1st rd gives you a free pass, when 2nd rd QB's and beyond get tossed to the side alot.
    QB's in the first rounds generally have much better physical tools and much more potential, not to mention the investment that had already been put in them

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
      I think the Saints should take a look at Gradkowski.
      Don't the Saints have Tyler Palko? I'd take him over Gradkowski every day of the week, starting experience or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        QB's in the first rounds generally have much better physical tools and much more potential, not to mention the investment that had already been put in them
        I understand that, but I'm also speaking on the public perception as well...Just how alot of people around here assumed Croyle wasn't worth crap because he played bad behind no O line with no LJ, I understand the business side but 1st round QB's can still end up bust, while guys picked later can still be great.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Stevens should die and Gradkowski will be a solid backup in this league. Not sure what the thought was here, but I'd love to see Gradkowski in Dallas.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Gradkowski was never going to make the roster so at least this give him a shot at making somebody elses team.

Comment

Stevens shouldn't be anywhere but jail, much less a NFL team.

Comment

Funny, I was just talking to my boss the other day about if the Bucs should cut Gradkowski or Simms. I suggested Simms should be cut.

And I was also talking to the same boss, at the same time, about players like Freddie Mitchell and Jerramy Stevens who run their mouth and end up out of the league in three years.

So they cut Gradkowski and sign Stevens.

I think the NFL Gods are mad at me.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

I demand BOE makes another Eli Manning vs. Bruce Gradkowski thread!

Heh heh. I'm sure someone will pick him up off waivers. He's not a terrible QB, but his long ball is quite bad.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    I don't think a comment like that is really necessary. If Stevens committed offenses worthy of time, then I'm sure he would receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                      Don't the Saints have Tyler Palko? I'd take him over Gradkowski every day of the week, starting experience or not.
                      Adding another QB for Camp wouldn't hurt. I fully expect the Saints to keep Brunell and Palko.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Coming from a Bengals fan.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          LOL I remember when Simms2Clayton tried to convince me that Gradkowski would have been a 1st round pick if he was 2 inches taller. Good times.
                          LOL, I got one better..........

I remember when Gradkowski had his coming-out party against the Bengals.

BUT WAIT, it gets better!!!

So anyway, when Justin Smith sacks him in the remaining seconds of the game, he rolls off him the wrong way and Mike Carey throws the flag for uneccessary roughness. THEN......they get a new set of downs like 10 yards out from the Goalline....and THEN.......Michael Clayton (not the George Clooney version; who's a Bengals fan, btw) scores a go-ahead TD to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!!!

WOOOO boy.......good times......that Gradkowski will always hold a special place in my heart. Well, him and Brett Favre. Something about Rookie QB's thrown in the fire, getting their first starts (and W's) against my Bengals that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
                          Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

i like stevens, im sure some saints loth him last year

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                              Adding another QB for Camp wouldn't hurt. I fully expect the Saints to keep Brunell and Palko.
                              Saints will keep both but only 1 will be active. Palko will be our next starting QB after Brees. Payton is working his magic with him. If he can make Romo a star he can make Palko one too.

Comment

I'd watch the Palko talk Saints fans:

TOUGH DAY FOR PALKO: Saints backup quarterback Tyler Palko had a rough day Friday.

Palko, who is in his second year from Pittsburgh, fumbled snaps, overthrew receivers and fell in one drill after the exchange with center.

Palko is battling Mark Brunell, a 16-year veteran the Saints picked up as a free agent in the offeseason, to be the backup to Drew Brees. Palko still has the confidence of the coaching staff, but for the moment there appears to be no question Brunell is in the No. 2 spot.
                                3/4 of the way down the first page:
                                http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=1

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information