No announcement yet.

Understanding the current labor agreement issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I completely understand. Which is why it's so important that both sides find some middle ground. Fans get disgusted with these money fights quickly when the owners and players are all getting filthy rich.

There's always a fine line between accepting that they're all grossly overpaid but putting on a good show, and walking away from the tube out of frustration about them arguing $$$ while being grossly overpaid and NOT putting on any show.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      ^ I completely understand. Which is why it's so important that both sides find some middle ground. Fans get disgusted with these money fights quickly when the owners and players are all getting filthy rich.

There's always a fine line between accepting that they're all grossly overpaid but putting on a good show, and walking away from the tube out of frustration about them arguing $$$ while being grossly overpaid and NOT putting on any show.
      +rep, totally awesome. very well put.

Comment

Okay, read it. Great write up, I do now understand. + rep.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I didn't even read half of it but I'm sure it was good.

Comment

I understand that many fans will get really frustrating feeling that these players are whining about money they don't deserve, but I strongly disagree that either side should accept a deal they're unsatisfied with, that's how this owner's opt out came about to begin with. These are people who hold a part of the entertainment industry that we all love and the players are a large part of why these teams are able to draw so many fans. Remember that a missed season hurts everyone so the owners and players don't want a workstoppage either.

Comment

I think the crux of the between owners sharing agreement is that more money from some owners going to lower money teams hurts their ability to make unshared revenue.

Realistically not being able to build up unshared revenue hurts the overall shared revenue which in turns hurts the %.

I'm of the opinion that forcing teams to share revenue outside of the mandated agreement, as established at the beginning of 2006 hurts the overall money making capacity of the NFL which in turn hurts the amount players get noimnally within that %.

It wouldn't surprise me if upshaw saw this, articulated that to the union as a whole and used that to push for a higher % to be made available under the salary cap.

That move has then increased the pressure on all clubs, high earning and low earning to make money.

i.e. Spreading money makes it harder to make money.
              Makes it harder to pay players the 60%
              Makes it more difficult again to make money.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information