No announcement yet.

Minor League Play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea if it stays in the united states because it was shown that it doesn't work overseas and if it's in canada i don't think the public can get attached to it. i would put the teams in locations where there's lower division I college football so you have the necessary facilities but you don't have to worry about filling up a 70,000 seat stadium

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The UFL site says it's scheduled to kick off August 2008. How in the world can that happen if they haven't determined the league cities yet?

Comment

From the site:
        It is my distinct honor to introduce you to the United Football League (UFL), an exciting new professional football league scheduled for kick-off in August, 2008, playing a fall schedule on Friday nights.

Hopefully VB gets a team, but i aint heard nothing about it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

but how would you control who from the 8 teams went to which NFL teams, if you are making it a farm system/minor league?

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
          2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

^^^
            Teams would own a players rights.

Comment

I liked NFL Europe, I wish they had kept it.

But I'd support a minor league team system.

Comment

City Predicitions (more like guesses) Assuming the cities will match up with the divisions

NFC North - Milwaukee
                NFC East - Virginia Beach
                NFC South - Birmingham
                NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
                AFC East - Toronto (It'd be cool to have one minor league team in Canada)
                AFC South - San Antonio
                AFC West- Salt Lake City

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Ame...ootball_League

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                    City Predicitions (more like guesses) Assuming the cities will match up with the divisions

NFC North - Milwaukee
                    NFC South - Birmingham
                    NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
                    AFC South - San Antonio
                    AFC West- Salt Lake City
                    Yea I like the idea for each division to have a team. I would think the NFL would wait till a league became more organized than the UFL or whatever.
                    Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                    the only hot actreeses are adult
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                    Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post

NFC North - Milwaukee
                      NFC South - Birmingham
                      NFC West - Portland

AFC North - Columbus
                      AFC South - San Antonio
                      AFC West- Salt Lake City
                      Milwaukee already gets one preseason and two regular season games for the Packers so I would look elsewhere for the NFC North and I don't like the idea of Canada because the American public wants to be attached to their teams and it may be tough for fans of New England and Miami to get attached to a team in Toronto. I think Piscataway, NJ would be a lively spot for the AFC East and DeKalb, Illinois for the NFC North

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The problem with this is, that a Baseball player's shelf life is far greater than a football player's. There's no problem with Jay bruce spending 4 years in the minors being seasoned because he can still have a 15-20 year MLB career.

Also, football players are far more game ready when drafted than are Baseball players, so there is less need for a farm system. basketball players even more 'game ready' and hence no farm system in basketball.

Comment

Because of the number of players necessary to field a full team, it'd be impractical to have multiple minor league divisions. However, installing a feeder system wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd provide employment for young mid and lower round draftees that might have been cut otherwise, undrafted free agents and veterans recovering from injuries.

It would also give the NFL an additional opportunity to expand the game. I could definitely see them installing NFL B League (Or whatever they call it) teams in Los Angeles, Mexico City and Toronto.

Comment

I'd agree that a good start to this would be to create a feeder team for an entire division, and have the league start with 8 teams. They could expand from there.

Here's how I'd do it.

AFC South: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
                            AFC North: Toronto, Canada
                            AFC East: Richmond, Virginia
                            AFC West: Los Vegas, Nevada

NFC South: Birmingham, Alabama
                            NFC North: Des Moines, Iowa
                            NFC East: Trenton, New Jersey
                            NFC West: Los Angeles, California

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                              I'd agree that a good start to this would be to create a feeder team for an entire division, and have the league start with 8 teams. They could expand from there.

Here's how I'd do it.

AFC South: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
                              AFC North: Toronto, Canada
                              AFC East: Virginia Beach, VA/Hampton Roads Area
                              AFC West: Los Vegas, Nevada

NFC South: Birmingham, Alabama
                              NFC North: Des Moines, Iowa
                              NFC East: Trenton, New Jersey
                              NFC West: Los Angeles, California
                              Fixed it, there is more people there and probably a better market

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                Milwaukee already gets one preseason and two regular season games for the Packers so I would look elsewhere for the NFC North and I don't like the idea of Canada because the American public wants to be attached to their teams and it may be tough for fans of New England and Miami to get attached to a team in Toronto. I think Piscataway, NJ would be a lively spot for the AFC East and DeKalb, Illinois for the NFC North
                                Regular season? Since when? They used too

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information