Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Cut Travis Henry

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos released running back Travis Henry, the team announced on Monday.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," head coach Mike Shanahan said. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Henry was signed by the Broncos as a free agent on March 5, 2007, and rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries (4.1 avg.) with four touchdowns in 12 games (seven starts) during his only season with the club. Before joining the Broncos, the eighth-year player spent two seasons (2005-06) with Tennessee after beginning his career with Buffalo (2001-04).

Ouch.. I wonder what the hell he has been doing for the Broncos organization to feel like that.

Comment

Selvin Young's 2000 yard prediction is more possible now but definitely still not going to happen.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        Ouch.. I wonder what the hell he has been doing for the Broncos organization to feel like that.
        Smoking chronic and making babies if I had to guess...Either way, I feel like the Texans should inquire about his services, Ahman Green is only going to play the first month before his knees give out again, and its the same ZBS he was so effective in early on.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Smoking chronic and making babies if I had to guess...Either way, I feel like the Texans should inquire about his services, Ahman Green is only going to play the first month before his knees give out again, and its the same ZBS he was so effective in early on.
          Yeah, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I guess anywhere with a ZBS would be my first guess as well.

Comment

But what do the Broncos get from cutting Henry after June 1st? I'm trying to think of if this helps them in anyway more than cutting him prior to June 1st.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

They'll spread the cap hit over the next two years, I believe, but they could have done that before June 1st as one of two allowed post-June 1st designations as you allude to, TP.

Honestly I don't think the Broncos planned on cutting Henry, but once his hamstring issues came up and hamstrings can screw up a season for a long time (see Rudi Johnson's season getting derailed last season), plus Selvin Young looking good as the #1 guy and signing a better receiving back (also a vet) in Michael Pittman, it just wasn't worth it to keep Henry.

A very good move imo.
              Last edited by Geo; 06-02-2008, 01:00 PM.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

good news for young and torain i guess. one thing about henry is that people forget that he led the nfl in rushing the first couple of weeks up until the point when he got hampered with injuries. i'm going to miss the baby makin jokes
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

new england anyone?

Comment

What I take from this:

If I'm Shaun Alexander, an opporunity has just presented itself. If he wants to play football in 2008 AT ALL, Denver is the place to go IMO.

If I'm Travis Henry, I'm calling the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans. Well, mostly Detroit since Houston has had plenty of opportunities to add running backs and they've passed them by. Houston may actually think they're set with the RBBC of Ahman Green, Chris Brown and Ron Dayne.

Comment

Hmmmm.... The Titans have been looking at other FA RB's. I wonder if they'll bring in Henry for a visit.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        Hmmmm.... The Titans have been looking at other FA RB's. I wonder if they'll bring in Henry for a visit.
                        Well, if that's true, first let me say: lol. Secondly, I would love if the Jets could add Chris Henry to the competition for the #3 RB job they have going.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          Well, if that's true, first let me say: lol. Secondly, I would love if the Jets could add Chris Henry to the competition for the #3 RB job they have going.
                          Yup we've had Ron Dayne and Kevin Jones in for visits recently.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

I can't believe it, his skill is of enormus potential

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              What I take from this:

If I'm Shaun Alexander, an opporunity has just presented itself. If he wants to play football in 2008 AT ALL, Denver is the place to go IMO.
                              If Shaun Alexander wants to actually play football, and not just collect a salary, he'll stay a free agent until after the season opens.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information