Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adelius Thomas close to signing with Patriots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay
    started a topic Adelius Thomas close to signing with Patriots?

Adelius Thomas close to signing with Patriots?

http://www.pfinsider.net/Content/Pat...ius-Thomas.php

Guest replied
    Kinda strange that the Pats are making this big FA signing. They must really miss Willie McGinest, as Thomas is said to be a bit like him.

Leave a comment:

• energizerbunny
    replied
    wow that front 7 is going to be scary for them.
    The best 3-4 DLine in the league, Adalius and Colvin at OLB and they'll probally try to add a ILB in the draft to put along side Vrabel/Bruschi.
    I believe Thomas is 29 years old. So he still has some very good years left in him. Belichek is going to find some great ways to ultilize him in his schemes.

I can see why he'd want to go to NE, they have as good of chance to win a superbowl then anyone else in the league. It's almost not fair that they got another first rounder this year for a undersized above average WR. ITs almost not fair. They continue to add talent threw the draft and apparently now as well through FA.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    if they can get the best FA, and considering they kept asente, that would be an awesome offseason, plus they have two first rounders, Looks like the Pats, are gonna be favourites heading into next year

Leave a comment:

• EHobbs27
    replied
    As a diehard Colts fan this kinda sucks hearing this. However, Im not too dissapointed since Thomas is an older player(I think he is either 30 or 31). While the Pats defense is good, they are also old and this move just keeps them as one of the older teams in the league.
    Well actually, really only the LB position for the Pats are old. Our D-line is very young and our DB's outside of Rodney are all young.

Leave a comment:

• McBain
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Yeah, because putting a E instead of an A is what I would call butchering.

Leave it up to an Eagles fan to act bitter. Their philosophy is to build through the draft, eh? REALLY? Is that how they do it?

I laugh if we do this too, because you know, it puts us THAT much closer to winning ANOTHER Super Bowl (which for those counting along at home would be #4 in seven years). The best part is, we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. So yuck it up all you want. I'll just keep laughing on game day...
    Bringing up championships to eagles fans is the best.

PS Nice work by the Pats...

Leave a comment:

• Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by jblaze66 View Post
    lol leave it to a Pats fan to butcher his name, I laugh if they do this because you know its Mucho $$$$. There is no way he would sign for crap money just to go to the Pats. So much for their philosophy of building through the draft. HA!
    Yeah, because putting a E instead of an A is what I would call butchering.

Leave it up to an Eagles fan to act bitter. Their philosophy is to build through the draft, eh? REALLY? Is that how they do it?

I laugh if we do this too, because you know, it puts us THAT much closer to winning ANOTHER Super Bowl (which for those counting along at home would be #4 in seven years). The best part is, we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. So yuck it up all you want. I'll just keep laughing on game day...

Leave a comment:

• niel89
    replied
    if the pats really do get him, then great pick up. they could do some really good things with him.

im gonna miss him though

Leave a comment:

• Handel
    replied
    Originally posted by jblaze66 View Post
    lol leave it to a Pats fan to butcher his name, I laugh if they do this because you know its Mucho $$$$. There is no way he would sign for crap money just to go to the Pats. So much for their philosophy of building through the draft. HA!
    They do. Does that prevent them to sign FAs? That signing probably mean they don't feel talent would be there at 24 and 28 or later to fill the OLB job immediatly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    They did that to jonas jennings. Jennings was on his way to the giants team facility and was a lock to sign before the 49ers got him.

If nolan wants him, he will make a last ditch offer.
    According to Nolan, the Niners hadn't even pitched their offer to Thomas yet and reports have said they are planning to offer over 8 million a year and a 20 million dollar bonus. I heard the Pats are offering less at 7.5 million a year and a 17 million dollar bonus.

Not sure where Thomas will go, but the Niners are still in the game according to Nolan.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan_87
    replied
    Originally posted by eastside49er View Post
    According to Mike Nolan of the 49ers, they will make an offer to Thomas Saturday and considering the Pats and Thomas are only in preliminary talks (that means beginning for those who don't know), the Niners could still end up with Thomas. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
    They did that to jonas jennings. Jennings was on his way to the giants team facility and was a lock to sign before the 49ers got him.

If nolan wants him, he will make a last ditch offer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    According to Mike Nolan of the 49ers, they will make an offer to Thomas Saturday and considering the Pats and Thomas are only in preliminary talks (that means beginning for those who don't know), the Niners could still end up with Thomas. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• jblaze66
    replied

Leave a comment:

• indyfan1985
    replied
    As a diehard Colts fan this kinda sucks hearing this. However, Im not too dissapointed since Thomas is an older player(I think he is either 30 or 31). While the Pats defense is good, they are also old and this move just keeps them as one of the older teams in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    Wow! This would be great for the Pats. They don't sign many big name free agents . . . this is quite surprising if it happens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information