No announcement yet.

Clements to SF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, and you guys ripped me for giving him $63 million in the forum mock.

Comment

Great Goobley Goo!

Congrats, Nate

Comment

Say goodbye to adalius thomas..

Comment

Wow... I mean I was high on Clements and all that, but highest paid Defensive player in NFL history?

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
            apparently it's 8 year 80 million with a 22 mill signing bonus
            Yep. Thats correct.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Bill Polian's draft strategy of spending a 2nd round pick on a cornerback every year looks rather good right now. Wow.

The worst part is that the 49ers, in having to pay extra to lure Clements to their team, have established a ridiculous market value. You honestly think Asante Samuel is going to ask for any less when he becomes a free agent in 2008?
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Wow, thats more than I expected, I tought he'd get about the same as Champ did. I geuss its only 1 million more per season than he got.
                "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

4:24 p.m.: CORNERBACK NATE CLEMENTS AND SAFETY MICHAEL LEWIS HAVE SIGNED WITH THE 49ERS. from matt maiocco WOW and people called John York cheap HAHAHA

Apparently, it's backloaded so it's basically a 6 year deal worth $7.25 million per year

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"A league source tells us that, as a practical matter, it's a six-year deal worth $7.25 million per year."

Its probably like that shaun alexander signing..looks big on paper but in reality is easily replacable after a while. Or is that nate burleson?

Just hope he doesnt tank on us..

Comment

WOW!!! Um, that's absolutely insane. I'm glad the Browns didn't pay him that with what they already payed Steinbach. I just don't even understand how you could get a contract of that size.

Comment

i wonder how the bonus works or if its pro-rated through all the years. that's a lot.

Comment

Usually I would wield a clout if the opportunity arised but unfortunately, I believe this with the FA market being "saturated" and it was predicted that teams would overpay. I'm not sure if anyone is that good in the first place, but wow; he essentially better be more productive than Titanic was at the box office, if this is true.

---------------------------------
                          BTW, got a PM asking what a clout was, I say it in real life and it came on here but it was my HS winter track team that came up with it and you wield one when you see something that you have to disagree with it. There's a delegation to decide if you can wield one and if you aren't delegated; it's like using money you don't have. I hope that answers a PM which was really odd to have received.
                          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I really wanted him so congrats, but at the same time, thats not worth it.

Hes not even a top 5 cornerback, much less the best paid D player in the league.

Comment

That sounds better. Peyton Manning's contract was the same in that it necessarily established market value for quarterbacks to come even though he won't see it completely through, backloaded and bonus conversions and all, but at least that was Peyton.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

That is baseball money.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information