No announcement yet.

Clements to SF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care how much cap space someone has, that is way too much money. I really like Clements and he is very good, but he sure as hell isn't the best defensive player in the league...which is what his pay check now indicates.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Jesus christ, what a move by Clements. Leaving his former team, and getting amazing money.

Designs by Thule

Comment

It makes sense... the cap is going to be ridiculous in 6 years... so if the deal is backloaded and the guy still produces, I can see him taking the whole 80

Comment

Im just happy the Packers extended Harris's contract before this deal

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
            It makes sense... the cap is going to be ridiculous in 6 years... so if the deal is backloaded and the guy still produces, I can see him taking the whole 80
            He'll be 34-35 in 8 years...so I doubt it. He's definitely gone by year 6. People on this board arer exaggerating this deal wayy too much.

Comment

Bye Nate but congrats on your big payday!

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
                He'll be 34-35 in 8 years...so I doubt it. He's definitely gone by year 6. People on this board arer exaggerating this deal wayy too much.
                More fun that way.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

The highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL.....hahahahahha

What a joke.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
                    Considering he's the highest paid defensive player ever, it should be exaggerated. Orlando Pace' signing bonus was $15 million. The money Clements got is Peyton Manning money, it's ridiculous.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Just stupid. He isn't even a top 5 player at his position.

Comment

awsome, but for way to much

Comment

that contract is out of this world

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            Just stupid. He isn't even a top 5 player at his position.
                            I don't even think he's a top 10 player at his position. Well, maybe. I'd probably have him anywhere in the 8-12 range. But still, that is a lot of money.

Comment

I can't look at this as anything more than 6 years/43.5 mil, which makes it a reasonable signing given the lack of available top-tier cornerbacks and the amount of money available on the free market.

Good luck to both parties, I can't wait to see Clements in a 49ers uniform.
                              Last edited by Geo; 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Browns View Post
                                WOW!!! Um, that's absolutely insane. I'm glad the Browns didn't pay him that with what they already payed Steinbach. I just don't even understand how you could get a contract of that size.
                                That's what she said

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information