No announcement yet.

Clements to SF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's so much money but San Fran needs that player in the secondary and if they can add thomas that defense is looking hell of alot better

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Football copying baseball?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Oh gosh he's good but the figure is just crazy. More power to him though for being able to get that contract, looks like Adalius might ask the 49ers for a similar contract or go to NE.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          I can't look at this as anything more than 6 years/43.5 mil, which makes it a reasonable signing given the lack of available top-tier cornerbacks and the amount of money available on the free market.

Good luck to both parties, I can't wait to see Clements in a 49ers uniform.
          It's pretty annoying every person that comes in here and says "OMG SO MUCH MONEY!!!11!!1!!" when it isn't that crazy of a deal for a top 10 CB.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

too bad we don't all post 1's like you...

Comment

Holy **** that is a lot of cash

Comment

How much was the franchise level for CB? I'm guessing it was close to $7.5mil. I don't think that is crazy money for Clements. Now, if it was really 8 years and $80 mil, then it would be insane, but 6 for 44 isn't out of line for a top CB.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                  too bad we don't all post 1's like you...
                  Was that supposed to be a joke?

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    It's pretty annoying every person that comes in here and says "OMG SO MUCH MONEY!!!11!!1!!" when it isn't that crazy of a deal for a top 10 CB.
                    Which is why NFLDC is great: we can discern the real figure behind a pretty number and share it among us, meanwhile the "World-wide Leader in Sports" doesn't so much as sniff at the details - even when "analysts" are brought into discussion.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

If Champ Bailey was a FA, he better have got an 8 year deal for 150 mill.

Comment

It's basically a 6 year 45 million dollar deal. No way he sees years 7 and 8. GREAT signing for SF getting the best defensive player in the market. Top 5 CB's don't hit FA very often.

Comment

With the gauranteed money, you will pay alot more than 45 mill over 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                            With the gauranteed money, you will pay alot more than 45 mill over 6 years.
                            WOW, nothing gets past you. No kidding chief. Just pointing out the base salary is not really 8 years 80 mil.

Comment

Scouts.com has him rated as only a 4 star Free Agent.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=9&...&lnid=83&rc=16

Comment

For those who are slower:

He.
                                Will.
                                Not.
                                See.
                                $80 million.

He's making a little over 7 million a year for the first 6 years.
                                7.25 x 6 = 43.5

That means he makes 37 million over the last 2 years, you really think he's going to see that money?

Don't be naive. This is a 6 year 43.5 million dollar contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information