ESPN Top 64 RBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no Michael Bush ?
    I need to get friends signed up on Lockerz.com to get more points. Costs you nothing. PM me email addy for invite.

Comment

my top ten
      1. LDT
      2. AD
      3. Westbrook
      4. Stephen Jackson
      5. Gore
      6. MB3
      7. Parker
      8. LJ
      9. Addai
      10. Clinton Portis

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
        Keep in mind, that before his ankle shut him down, he was only averaging 3.5 ypc. That's not a good sign.
        Did you happen to see the Chiefs OL last year?

Barry Sanders in his prime would have had trouble behind that line.

LJ has had 1315 less carries then the best RB in the NFL LT no way is LJ done is he still top five that is up for debate but to say he is done is a bit much.

Comment

How is Bradshaw not on that list?

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post

LJ has had 1315 less carries then the best RB in the NFL LT no way is LJ done is he still top five that is up for debate but to say he is done is a bit much.
            A great RB produces no matter what his situation is, he just produces more with help. See: Frank Gore

Comment

false

Barry Sanders doesn't need a line, the ref just hands him the ball and let's him have at it...and yet he is still 3rd in yardage

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                How is Bradshaw not on that list?
                woah, didn't even notice that first time i read it. huge oversight IMO, should be around #40.
                I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                  A great RB produces no matter what his situation is, he just produces more with help. See: Frank Gore
                  So Frank Gore would have threw off the three players that meet LJ in the back field the second he got the snap?

Comment

It's not a matter of total carries, it's a matter of intensity of carries. 400 carries in one season is exponentially more damaging than 300 carries a season for 4 years, even though the latter will have 3 times as many carries, the former will be much worse off.

No one survives a 400 carry season. Why do you think LJ is special, especially after he's already begun to break down?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Jerious Norwood behind DeAngelo Williams and Warrick Dunn?! Preposterous.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

No one survives a 400 carry season. Why do you think LJ is special, especially after he's already begun to break down?
                        Last year was the first time he has got hurt in the NFL I would not call that breaking down.

He has had all of the off season and half of last season to rest up all the talk from camp is he is full go and looking great.

I'm not saying he will be a pro bowler but if Jamal Lewis can have three 1000 yard seasons after his 2000 yard season and 387 carries I don't see why LJ can't?

Comment

Last year was the first time he has got hurt in the NFL I would not call that breaking down.
                          Weak performance combined with a wear and tear injury is classic evidence of breaking down.

He has had all of the off season and half of last season to rest up all the talk from camp is he is full go and looking great.

I'm not saying he will be a pro bowler but if Jamal Lewis can have three 1000 yard seasons after his 2000 yard season and 387 carries I don't see why LJ can't?
                          Because Jamal Lewis and LJ are essentially the same age, but Lewis' 387 carry season came 3 years beforehand, and he really just got back to being a good starter this past season. With LJ, that translates to the 2010 season. At that point, he'll be fighting history by winding up on the wrong side of 30.

Then there's the fact that 416 carries is uncharted territory, but no one with over 400 carries was ever gone back to form, although Eric Dickerson got back to being great, he was never trancendent like he was in his early career, and he still dealt with multiple injuries. Every one else never got above mediocre afterwords.

You're a Chiefs fan, and you're trying to grasp at the hope that LJ will buck history and save your season. It's irrational love, the same that drives Dolphins fans into believing that Ronnie Brown will be the same explosive runner he was last season. But you need to come to terms with the fact that it isn't going to happen.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

because his career as an effective starter is for all intents and purposes over?
                            I'm sorry, what? Back to back 1700+ seasons and he got injured and his career is over? Give me a break.
                            Last edited by vidae; 06-04-2008, 09:36 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Weak performance combined with a wear and tear injury is classic evidence of breaking down.

Because Jamal Lewis and LJ are essentially the same age, but Lewis' 387 carry season came 3 years beforehand, and he really just got back to being a good starter this past season. With LJ, that translates to the 2010 season. At that point, he'll be fighting history by winding up on the wrong side of 30.

Then there's the fact that 416 carries is uncharted territory, but no one with over 400 carries was ever gone back to form, although Eric Dickerson got back to being great, he was never trancendent like he was in his early career, and he still dealt with multiple injuries. Every one else never got above mediocre afterwords.

You're a Chiefs fan, and you're trying to grasp at the hope that LJ will buck history and save your season. It's irrational love, the same that drives Dolphins fans into believing that Ronnie Brown will be the same explosive runner he was last season. But you need to come to terms with the fact that it isn't going to happen.
                              I'm sorry, do you even know how he got injured? It wasn't wear and tear. He was tackled from behind by AJ Hawk and Hawk landed on his foot. That is an injury anyone would be hurt from. Why is it that LJs career is now over because of it?

I also love the argument about his 416 carry season and the fact no one has been as good as they were before. That automatically means his career is over. Lets just release him now. There is no hope for him.
                              Last edited by vidae; 06-04-2008, 09:48 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                                I'm sorry, what? Back to back 1800+ seasons and he got injured and his career is over? Give me a break.
                                LJ never topped 1800 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information