Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Williams: How Good Could He Have Been?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Williams: How Good Could He Have Been?

I was wondering the general assessment/opinions of the board.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

I'm more interested in how good Boobie Miles could have been.

Comment

Hall of Famer

Comment

How could he have been if he was in a perfect situation? I think you'd be hard pressed to find to many people who disagree with hall of famer. He was a top prospect out of college for a reason. With the right coaching and team around him I'm sure he could have been an elite back.

Comment

If the league let him have his medicine he would've taken Emmitt Smith out of the record books.

Comment

He was probably the best RB prospect in the past 10-15 years, so most likely HoF.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
              If the league let him have his medicine he would've taken Emmitt Smith out of the record books.
              Not with the workload the Dolphins were giving him before he quit.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

I don't think it would be outrageous to say he could have been a HOFer.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

given a better work ethic, his size/speed combo, i wouldn't disagree with HoF potential. Doesn't necessarily mean it is a gaurentee, but the potential to forsure

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

2002 Ricky Williams is still probably the best RB I ever saw. He was literally a beast, it was an incredible sight.

And work ethic wasn't a problem with Ricky, come on. Wannstache and the sorry Dolphins teams drained him of his love for the game. He was going to end up worse than Earl Campbell, who Ricky was very familiar with playing ball in Texas, at that pace.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      2002 Ricky Williams is still probably the best RB I ever saw. He was literally a beast, it was an incredible sight.
                      Funny you mention that. The reason I brought the thread up was because I was watching his 2002 highlights on YouTube (five parts).
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post

And work ethic wasn't a problem with Ricky, come on. Wannstache and the sorry Dolphins teams drained him of his love for the game. He was going to end up worse than Earl Campbell, who Ricky was very familiar with playing ball in Texas, at that pace.
                        well, u can look at it in a different way also. You could say that he had a work ethic, but it didn't stick, thus his work ethic wasn't very good later on, for whatever the reason may have been......i'm not saying he wasn't being overused or anything like that, but if u don't love the game, u don't work as hard. same thing essentially

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          I'm more interested in how good Boobie Miles could have been.
                          L.V. Miles: [to people from colleges] How ya'll doin' up there? Ya'll doin' all right? 45, Boobie, that's my nephew out there. That boy can play some football. He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. Hell, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can plain out play football.
                          [pause while Boobie throws ball]
                          L.V. Miles: OOHH! And he can pass!
                          Last edited by Sniper; 06-06-2008, 01:47 AM.

Comment

He probably would have been a HOFr. The years in Miami did him in. People dog on him because of his state of mind and losing his desire to play football, but it's not hard to see why he got tired of football when the Dolphins kept riding him like a horse because they never made a real attempt at getting a QB. The Dolphins had all the pieces in place........great D, amazing RB, solid WR core, great TE.........all the pieces except QB. I know it'd piss me off if I were in his shoes during those years. I mean Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Brian Griese.......I mean seriously.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

He was a definite stud before he cracked out. I would'nt disagree with HOF
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information