Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Lewis signs with the niners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michael Lewis signs with the niners

    LEWIS SIGNS WITH NINERS

    Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat reports the the 49ers have signed safety Michael Lewis, and that the Niners are close to signing nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

    The Niners also have signed cornerback Nate Clements, arguably the top free agent on the market.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

  • #2
    Return to glory for the Niners? All they need to do now is trade up and take Calvin Johnson.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Return to glory for the Niners? All they need to do now is trade up and take Calvin Johnson.


      Ah if only


      me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

      Comment


      • #4
        The Niners have drastically improve their secondary today and if they can sign Franklin, their defense will be pretty solid compared to 24 hours ago. Add players through the draft and the Niners could contender for a playoff spot in the NFC


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Return to glory for the Niners? All they need to do now is trade up and take Calvin Johnson.
          Scary thought.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

          “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

          Comment


          • #6
            Lewis sucks...who cares???

            Comment


            • #7
              Bad move. Michael Lewis was downright awful this past year. They signed an average at best SS. With the plethora of safety talent in this draft this move makes no sense.

              Comment


              • #8
                He got toasted early on this season. He got better late in the year, but Considine is just way better than him. He isn't really going to be a big name for the 49ers. He will make some big plays and then totally miss on a big play attempt. Definitely an upgrade on the 49ers though, their safeties were terrible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I need some financial terms.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Bad move. Michael Lewis was downright awful this past year. They signed an average at best SS. With the plethora of safety talent in this draft this move makes no sense.
                    Well, he's definitely better than our current safeties. Keith Lewis has potential, but he needs to improve his coverage. I'm not sure how to feel about this, until I see how much we paid him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
                      Well, he's definitely better than our current safeties. Keith Lewis has potential, but he needs to improve his coverage. I'm not sure how to feel about this, until I see how much we paid him.
                      I guess he can be ok if you paid peanuts for him. But he is by no means an answer at the SS position. He's just another body. I think they still should address the safety position in this draft. Theres plenty of talent for that position, it would do them some good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He is a former pro bowler, so he has the potential to be a playmaker for San Francisco. Hopefully for the 9ers they didn't give him a deal as insane as Clements'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i really wanted the bucs to get lewis.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I guess he can be ok if you paid peanuts for him. But he is by no means an answer at the SS position. He's just another body. I think they still should address the safety position in this draft. Theres plenty of talent for that position, it would do them some good.
                            Well, he can't be THAT bad...he was a probowler a few years ago and considered a pretty good players before this year. Hopefully, he'll have a walt harris type bounce back year. Like I said before, I'm not sure how to feel about any of these signings...I still feel like we should be addressing our pass rush. It's only the first day of FA, so I'll judge at the end.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
                              Well, he can't be THAT bad...he was a probowler a few years ago and considered a pretty good players before this year. Hopefully, he'll have a walt harris type bounce back year. Like I said before, I'm not sure how to feel about any of these signings...I still feel like we should be addressing our pass rush. It's only the first day of FA, so I'll judge at the end.
                              The one thing Ive learned about FAs, through Accorsi and watching the Redskins, is that you can't really go by what they did a couple of years ago. That was then, and this is now. And 90% of the time, theyre let go because theyre simply not what they used to be. You get old in the NFL fast, and Michael Lewis was a PBer in a blitz heavy scheme surrounded by Brown, Sheppard, and Dawkins. And that was 2 years ago. He's older now, and doesn't have the pass rush, or the players in the 2ndary around him to mask some of his deficiencies in SF.

                              Can it work out, yeah it can. But I wouldn't count on it. Philly is known to be very good in letting go of players. They know when a guy is done, everytime they let somebody go its because he's done. Ask any Eagles fan if you don't believe me.

                              For SF's sake, I hope it works, but I think they should still address safety in the draft regardless.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information