Allen expects Vikings in Super Bowl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
    I agree with you but couldn't you have said the EXACT same thing about the Giants before last year, even half way through last year?
    We had made the playoffs twice before however, and but got beat in the first round. So it's not a stretch to say we want to win the superbowl. My point is that the Vikings haven't made the playoffs for a while, so now talking superbowl all of a sudden is so random. First make the playoffs, and then you can talk about it. That was my point.

Comment

IMO the vikings have a very realistic shot at making the super bowl depending on how well T-Jack plays. If he just needs to play well enough so that teams see our passing game as somewhat of a threat. That way opponents will stop stacking 8 men in the box allowing AD and Chester to run free.

If that happens i think it is a two horse race between us and Dallas

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush

Comment

I don't buy that you need to make the playoffs consistently in order to make the Super Bowl. Before the 2003 season, the Carolina Panthers made the playoffs once in eight years (the 1996 season). While the Bears DID make the playoffs in the 2005 season, they did not have an appearance in the postseason from 2002-2004. We were one game away from making the playoffs last year. We are not that far off, but I admit the Super Bowl talk is extremely premature.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
          Actually I wouldn't call that FUNNY at all.

But what is rather ironic/humorous is that if Zygi Wilf wasn't such a cheapskate 4-5 years ago when they had that prolific offense with Randy Moss while they were as high as 30 million under the cap, they would almost certainly have a ring or two by now.

Moss was made the scapegoat in Minnesota but in reality, it was not spending money to sure up that porous defense that cost them.
          Just to let you know Zgyi Wilf didn't trade away Moss. Red McComb did.

Like DHVF said Every single person in the NFL Should be thinking they are going to win the superbowl this year. They dont think I hope we just make the playoffs. They may say that but You know they are thinking they should have a good chance to make the playoffs and get to the Superbowl.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Honestly I would have a problem if they weren't expecting a Super Bowl. If you are a player on a good team you should always be expecting to go to the Super Bowl.

One may bring up that there is a difference between thinking that and saying it publically and I would agree. But honestly I think Allen just has a big mouth and isn't afraid to say what he is thinking. We are talking about the guy who at his first public apperance in MN(at the draft party) he talked about something along the lines of how he was going to break Aaron Rodgers jaw in week 1(don't remember the exact quote). I think there are many more good quotes to come from Jared Allen in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
              Wait, isn't the point of playing in the NFL to get to and win the super bowl? So, shouldn't everyone expect to make it there? I personally think it'd be a shame if he didn't.
              What's that Herm Edwards?

"You play to win the game!"

Wait, I didn't catch that, can you run that by me again?

"Hello! You play to win the game!

What are you trying to say?

"You don't play to just play it. That's the great thing about sports! You play to win. And I don't care if you don't have any wins, you gonna play to win."

Does it really matter if you get to the Super Bowl?

"When you start telling me it doesn't matter, then retire. Get out."

Why?

"Cause it matters. Th-th-tha-that..."

You sound a bit flustered. Are you frustrated?

"This whole conversation bothers me."

To paraphrase, Herm Edwards agrees with you DHVF. And to be honest, I do too. Everyone should expect to win and everyone should expect to have a Super Bowl season. Otherwise you get stuck in a rut like the Arizona Cardinals, the Detroit Lions, the Oakland Raiders, the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays, and the Kansas City Royals.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                I don't buy that you need to make the playoffs consistently in order to make the Super Bowl. Before the 2003 season, the Carolina Panthers made the playoffs once in eight years (the 1996 season). While the Bears DID make the playoffs in the 2005 season, they did not have an appearance in the postseason from 2002-2004. We were one game away from making the playoffs last year. We are not that far off, but I admit the Super Bowl talk is extremely premature.
                I guess I see it as being a football coach. If my players, who hadn't make the postseason were all of a sudden talking about getting to the highest level, in public, I'd tell them baby steps first. Make the post season, then talk big. Now if we made the post season, then I'd say ok, next step guys superbowl. But not making the playoffs and then talking big to the public would be premature to me. Right now you guys look good on paper, that's about it.

Comment

if Jackson can just do enough to not lose games, it's entirely possible.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Jared Allen said the same thing with the Chiefs two years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Vikes will be lucky to make the playoffs, let alone make a Super Bowl run. One step at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                        Vikes will be lucky to make the playoffs, let alone make a Super Bowl run. One step at a time...
                        you really make a great argument! a very insightful post!
                        Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                        Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

The Vikes are the best at stopping the run and are probably the best running team so with that said I believe they have a legit shot at the super bowl in the NFC. There division is quite weak with GB losing Farve, Chicago has no O, and Detroit is well, the lions. No reason they couldn't get a bye in the playoffs even with Jackson playing mediocre. If Rex can nab the bears the #1 seed in the NFC then Tavaris certainly can with a exponentially better run game.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                            you really make a great argument! a very insightful post!
                            They were a .500 team last year in a weak division. They didn't make the playoffs. They have no quarterback as of now and their passing game is non-existent. They have an injury-prone runningback who the entire offense relies on.

Do I really need to post all of this for you draftniks to get my point?

Will the Vikings make the playoffs this year? If their passing game improves, sure they could. Will they win their division? Possible, if Rodgers fails to fill in for Favre adequately but the Packers are still a more talented team from top to bottom. As for them winning the NFC or the Super Bowl...come on. Giants, Cowboys, and Packers are all much better teams on paper and have proven it on the field. The Vikings haven't proven anything other than their own inadequacy the past few seasons.

If they make the playoffs this year, then next year start talking about the Super Bowl. You don't go from zero to hero in a year, especially when they haven't even addressed their biggest issue, the passing game.

Comment

^haha, you're such a tool. They've dramatically revamped the passing game, and last year t-jack was essentially a rookie starter. Not a good recipe for success.

The only thing I'm worried about is the O-line
                              Originally posted by 7-11
                              Originally posted by Renji
                              Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                              But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
                                ^haha, you're such a tool. They've dramatically revamped the passing game, and last year t-jack was essentially a rookie starter. Not a good recipe for success.

The only thing I'm worried about is the O-line
                                You're right. Vikings are going to the Super Bowl (even though they're not the best team in their weak division).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information