Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen expects Vikings in Super Bowl?

Minneapolis Star Tribune

"Considering the financial investment that the Vikings made to upgrade their roster this offseason, it should come as no surprise that owner Zygi Wilf and Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen have grand expectations. Wilf, attending the team's weekend minicamp, talked about the "tremendous amount of talent" the Vikings possess and that "every position that we felt we needed to get better at, we've brought the players in." Allen, the biggest name among the newcomers, was even more direct. "We expect to go to the Super Bowl," he said."

With their defense and ADP, that is not a bad goal to have. With more consistency in the passing game and another year under Childress, they have a chance. The NFC is decently wide open.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I want to see them make the playoffs first and get some consistency with that before talking, to the media, about superbowl.

Comment

I really don't think it is that out of the question if there passing game steps it up it could happen.

They are not a lock by any means but if there D and running game plays like they should they could be trouble for the NFC.
        Last edited by Splat; 06-10-2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

If Tarvaris Jackson, or any QB for that matter steps up they have a chance.

Comment

That's my boy.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah they certainly have the potential, but thinking it in the lockeroom and going out and saying it is different. I want to see more consistently before I buy into that.

Comment

If Tarvaris Jackson develops to the point that he throws 2,500 yards and has a 3-2 TD/INT ratio (around 20 TDs, I'd say), this could happen.

If he takes another year to develop and they don't bench him, no way.

Comment

We have the talent to make the Superbowl but like everyone has said the question is the QB Spot. I think Tarvaris will do better than last year in his progression and he will become an establish QB. I said this in the Minnesota Vikings Discussion. He has no reason not to succeed. They got him a Deep Threat and Sidney Rice is a Tall Receiver to compliment Berrian. Adrian and Chester in the backfield pounding the run one first and second. The defense should be better than last year. We finally have a guy who can rush the QB and will give Kevin and Pat 1 on 1 battles. It's just good to see the Vikings players knowing what they need to do because of what the Organization has done last year and this year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    If Tarvaris Jackson develops to the point that he throws 2,500 yards and has a 3-2 TD/INT ratio (around 20 TDs, I'd say), this could happen.

If he takes another year to develop and they don't bench him, no way.
                    eh, i don't even know if he needs that many TD passes. The passing game just has to be considered a semi threat so that defenses don't have to completely ignore the passing game. If he's getting 200 yards passing a game i'd say they are fine. TDs will come if they can do that because the run game will the primary target of the defense so there will be opportunities. They just have to show they can take advantage of them. Superbowl is a serious possibility, but it should be for every team. I have no problem with them saying anything out loud, it just brings more pressure on the team and their QB because it is obvious that that is the weak link.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                      Yeah they certainly have the potential, but thinking it in the lockeroom and going out and saying it is different. I want to see more consistently before I buy into that.
                      I think that him going out and telling the media is a good move because it lets our guys know that we at least have one guy who believes in the team so much that he's willing to risk criticism by letting the league know what's expected of us.
                      I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser to try and slag me down because I know you're right.~ Green Day

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                        eh, i don't even know if he needs that many TD passes. The passing game just has to be considered a semi threat so that defenses don't have to completely ignore the passing game. If he's getting 200 yards passing a game i'd say they are fine. TDs will come if they can do that because the run game will the primary target of the defense so there will be opportunities. They just have to show they can take advantage of them. Superbowl is a serious possibility, but it should be for every team. I have no problem with them saying anything out loud, it just brings more pressure on the team and their QB because it is obvious that that is the weak link.....
                        last I checked the math, 200X16=3,200, so therefore, your idea woudl require more than what the other calls for in 2500, which I think is reasonable. Jus tthought I'd point it out.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I'm actually picking them to get hot late and go on a role.

Comment

Originally posted by chug o nomics View Post
                            I think that him going out and telling the media is a good move because it lets our guys know that we at least have one guy who believes in the team so much that he's willing to risk criticism by letting the league know what's expected of us.
                            I mean it's always good aim that high, but first establish consistency before saying that. That's like the dolphins coming out and saying the same thing. Granted the Vikings have more talent than the Dolphins, but both need to show consistency in making the playoffs before going out and making statements like that.

We had problems with players opening their mouths saying stuff like that. So we had shirts made saying shut up and play the game, or something along those lines. I want to see consistency by the Vikings before reading and hearing their players talk about superbowl publicially at least.

Comment

He should be praying they make it into the playoffs first
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information