Sporting News: NFC Running Backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duster View Post
    We're arguing different things. I'm just saying that the Giants are ranked about right in terms of talent at the RB position.

As for LT, AD, and Jackson fitting the scheme...

What scheme would those guys not fit? The reason they are elite is because they can run any play effectively basically. They can stretch the seam because they are fast. They can read and react. The can run between the tackles. They are excellent receivers out of the backfield. There's not much the elite talent at RB can't do in the NFL.
    I am just saying I think we should be higher on that list because our RBs won't put up big stats like a 1 back system, because we have a group system. So we should be higher. Look at the players skill sets rather our stats.

I don't know what kind of scheme those guys would do well. I just focus on my team, and our scheme. These guys seem to be good at going north and south, and making moves to make defenders look silly.

Let's not forget, each back has a different skill set, different o-linemen, different OC, and differen overall system they are in. You can't just say plugging someone in a different system will have no effect on the RB. For our specific system, Gilbride just runs his plays, and alot of the plays aren't a good fit for Jacobs, and is largely dependent on SHockey being in run blocking very well.

These backs could do well, yes, but to assume they automatically would, because they excel on a different team is out there in my opinion. This isn't a video game, real football as many variables. They could do well, and they very well may not in our system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      I am just saying I think we should be higher on that list because our RBs won't put up big stats like a 1 back system, because we have a group system. So we should be higher. Look at the players skill sets rather our stats.

I don't know what kind of scheme those guys would do well. I just focus on my team, and our scheme. These guys seem to be good at going north and south, and making moves to make defenders look silly.

Let's not forget, each back has a different skill set, different o-linemen, different OC, and differen overall system they are in. You can't just say plugging someone in a different system will have no effect on the RB. For our specific system, Gilbride just runs his plays, and alot of the plays aren't a good fit for Jacobs, and is largely dependent on SHockey being in run blocking very well.

These backs could do well, yes, but to assume they automatically would, because they excel on a different team is out there in my opinion. This isn't a video game, real football as many variables. They could do well, and they very well may not in our system.
      So who would you rank the Giants ahead of?

Comment

So who would you rank the Giants ahead of?
        In terms RBS, I would should be ranked below Barber, so whereever Barber is I'd put him a beg lower. Now I am talking skill set here. I'd put Bradshaw with Mario Barber, because both are physical runners, and both have good vision. It is my opinion that Bradshaw has a better skill set than Jacobs. So I'd peg Bradshaw with Barber in terms of skill set, which is different than production due to like I said different everything.

That's pretty much it. But in general i hate rankings like this. It's hard to rank football because it's a true team sport, which no team has the exact same talent. Only reason media does it is to sell their stuff, and no with fantasy football it's only going to get worse.

But basically to sum it up, I'd put the skill set of Bradshaw and Barber together, while pegging Jacobs lower, because he has no cut back ability, and not really good vision. He makes up for it in other areas of his game, but to me, I love a RB's vision and ability to make something out of nothing, which is something I see in Marion Barber, and def. in Bradshaw.

I don't break down the other RBs in their respective system, so can't really comment on other teams backs.

Comment

In terms RBS, I would should be ranked below Barber, so whereever Barber is I'd put him a beg lower. Now I am talking skill set here. I'd put Bradshaw with Mario Barber, because both are physical runners, and both have good vision. It is my opinion that Bradshaw has a better skill set than Jacobs. So I'd peg Bradshaw with Barber in terms of skill set, which is different than production due to like I said different everything.

That's pretty much it. But in general i hate rankings like this. It's hard to rank football because it's a true team sport, which no team has the exact same talent. Only reason media does it is to sell their stuff, and no with fantasy football it's only going to get worse.

But basically to sum it up, I'd put the skill set of Bradshaw and Barber together, while pegging Jacobs lower, because he has no cut back ability, and not really good vision. He makes up for it in other areas of his game, but to me, I love a RB's vision and ability to make something out of nothing, which is something I see in Marion Barber, and def. in Bradshaw.

I don't break down the other RBs in their respective system, so can't really comment on other teams backs.
          Bradshaw as good as Barber? I just don't see it. Barber is probably the most physical RB in the league whereas Bradshaw is just average in that department (likely due to his size).

Not really sure what you're arguing about then, because all I said was that the Giants' RBs are ranked about right in those rankings.

Comment

Bradshaw as good as Barber? I just don't see it. Barber is probably the most physical RB in the league whereas Bradshaw is just average in that department (likely due to his size).

Not really sure what you're arguing about then, because all I said was that the Giants' RBs are ranked about right in those rankings.
            That's where your mistaken, Bradshaw is just as physical is Barber and even Jacobs. This is why it's assinine to really judge all these players. Trust me from watching the giants and doing my game analysis play by play, Bradshaw is just as good as them, and for his size that makes it all the more impressive.

Comment

That's where your mistaken, Bradshaw is just as physical is Barber and even Jacobs. This is why it's assinine to really judge all these players. Trust me from watching the giants and doing my game analysis play by play, Bradshaw is just as good as them, and for his size that makes it all the more impressive.
              I watched the Giants and Cowboys both extensively. I just don't see Bradshaw punishing ballcarriers the same Barber does. Perhaps you are just being influenced because you are a fan of the Giants and would like Bradshaw to be as good as Barber.

Comment

I watched the Giants and Cowboys both extensively. I just don't see Bradshaw punishing ballcarriers the same Barber does. Perhaps you are just being influenced because you are a fan of the Giants and would like Bradshaw to be as good as Barber.
                No I am honest with my assessments. I am pretty much in the minority in judging Jacobs talents. I do love what Bradshaw brings to the table, and watching each play 5-10 times, really provides me with evidence that he is just as physical of a ball carrier. Too bad he has issues in college, or he had a 3rd -4th round grade to him. But I like his skill set the most and what he brings to the table.

Comment

• I think Barber is #1 in the league as far as how physical he is when running the ball. I like Bradshaw a lot, but there can only be one guy at the top and for me it's Barber.

Comment

No I am honest with my assessments. I am pretty much in the minority in judging Jacobs talents. I do love what Bradshaw brings to the table, and watching each play 5-10 times, really provides me with evidence that he is just as physical of a ball carrier. Too bad he has issues in college, or he had a 3rd -4th round grade to him. But I like his skill set the most and what he brings to the table.
                    I respect your analysis I just don't think many would agree that Bradshaw is as good of runner as Barber. Not really much more to say on the topic, other than to respectfully disagree. Perhaps if you watched some more of Barber your sentiment would change.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information